Pinned Testserver Patch Notes - Queen Update

• Equart wrote:

ViniColen wrote:

Ok. You really need to remove that wardrobe thing. This is ridiculous. This is where Albion starts to decay.

We need to know what someone are using without inspect them. In ZvZ this is a huge thing. This is not just a vanity thing. You will bring chaos to that game.

Starting to bring the worst thing of oriental MMO games to albion? This is not what i looked when i started to play Albion.

Mount skin is one thing. That dont confuse anyone. Beside, we can know which mount is because theres specifics skins for each mount. Now, skins for gear sets? wtf is that? Fortnite?

Please, you need to remove that.
      Relax , it will have same mechanic as Mounts now. Just turn them off in settings and your problem solved.
      Correct, there's the option to only display them in safe areas.
    • 2 main things i noticed:

There is no way to respawn back at Royal Cities if you entered a black zone city. In the testserver this means you are naked without a single item in the market.
      Had to walk 8 maps to get back to royals.

Another one: T7 nodes have 3 ticks and T8 nodes 2 ticks.

@PrintsKaspian, shouldn't this info of resources be in the Patch Notes ?

I believe they respawn faster/there are more nodes, maybe?
    • My experience so far about the new set:

About cloth: Top is so cool. Its really a new thing.
      Middle is almost the same thing as Fiend Robe.
      Low is good(and funny). This will be the ofiicial sandals of healers haha.

About leather: Top isnt a big deal.
      Middle, the idea is cool, but need buff. That 5sec of duration allowed with that cast of 0,7sec turns into a broken gear. Buff to 8sec and no cast, but increase CD to 1min, could resolve it.
      Low, i dont get it.. Will be useful to no-damage based builds maybe? Like Quarterstaff and nature. Cant see anyone using that.

About plate: Top is good. The idea of 2 in 1(Purify+Purge) is wonderful.
      Middle, i dont think will be good. Can you think any scenario where that can be useful?
      Low is good. Its very difficult to bring a new boots. But this time, that boots came with originality.

What do you think?

And the new judicator visuals are horrible. hahaha. The oldest one was better.

The post was edited 3 times, last by ViniColen ().

• One more thing i would love to see...If we will have wardrobe on items,why dont you SBI make wardrobe for regular items too.

For example - i love how Demon helmet T5 looks like , and i would be glad to play with such helmet.

@GrayMo Is there any plan to add such feature in future?

P.S New Cloth Avalonain sandlas are OP , i hope everyone understand that and it is obvious.

Many of this new armor's spells are horrible/or just very unbalanced (animation is cool xD).

An example -

Just take a look on leather jacket - cool mechanic ,but with big flaws.
      6 sec duration , with cast time , with 45 sec cd? :D Em no , thank you.
      ----
      Im too lazy to type constructive feedback on each item , and i dont see any sence to be honest :whistling:
      ----
      Im dissapointed with this update , as i actually expect, but it is my subjective opinion . Anyway great job that you are trying and devolop the game. The most frustrating thing , why im tilted - it is time , it is time you need to make global update . Or to fix tiny problems.

Anyway, i want to wish you goodluck guys , and especially you - @Retroman . Because half succes of this game is on combat moba system and full drop , i hope you know what are you doing right now. And as for me - im done with this forum, it is taking too much time and killing lots of nerve cells. Ill better enjoy the game in silence for 2-3 Global update more , and after i leave(if everything will stay in the same state as it is now). But im sure on 100% - your game population will be fine =)

P.S.S Oh and the last thing. Retro - you are what you wear! But it is not working with mercenary jacket , the only item (if we do not count weapons) that can trigger MercJacket - is mage cowl. And it is not enough for Character Building.
      1. Rework any current new Damage ability (from new cloth helmet beam or new leather boots bonus damage) - As DOT damage , with maximum possible ticks. For synergy.
      2. Or increase amount of ticks on mage cowl with same total damage. Like - you deal X damage per 0.2 sec for Y Time.

Or make something similar with other armor pieces.

Only axes , spears (with forest of spears W spell) , Curses , Bows , Fire can use this armor with maximum efficiency - other weapons CANT. Some of weapons can do that too , but it is much harder , because they are bounded to certain spells W/E spells.
      Since you remove Merc jacket + Poison potion combo - you removed from the game half solo/small scale builds. And on this last suggestion - im out :D

The post was edited 4 times, last by Equart ().

• PrintsKaspian wrote:

Enchanted Stone

Enchanted stone now appears in T4-T8 zones, similar to all other rare resources

Enchanted stone can be gathered as normal and refined into blocks at the Stonemason, which produces the following number of blocks per raw resource:

Uncommon: 2 stone blocks

Rare: 4 stone blocks

Exceptional: 8 stone blocks

The bonus does NOT apply to the stone blocks needed for refining - for example, 1 Tier 5.3 Enchanted Stone will produce 8 T5 Stone Blocks, but will also require 8 T4 blocks

As with all other resources, local refining bonuses and Focus bonuses will give the corresponding amount of raw enchanted stone in return

The tool levels required for gathering Enchanted Stone are the same as those of all other enchanted resources
      The goal of this new resource type is to make it easier to build Hideouts, and to make boosts to tower levels (and thus the rarity of resources in the cluster) matter to stone gatherers. Additionally, this makes it easier and more rewarding to level stone gathering.

Is this addition also implemented on the Tinker Laborer?
      Anybody tested?
    • On further review:
      • The map is visually impressive, I like the way it looks. :)
      • The Lymhurst realmgates are more "interior" than the rest of the cities. I didn't count, but at least superficially it looks like those realmgates command more maps than any others.
      • The realmgates in general command a huge number of maps, and it looks like the max distance any map is from a realmgate is 10 to 12 maps (again, I may have missed some). How far out does it become impractical to fight over a map from a realmgate as opposed to a local base? 5 maps? 6? 7? Doesn't matter since infinite zerg stacking on a T8 map is what counts?
      • Resource terris look extremely anemic, unless I'm missing something. I saw almost no nodes on the resource terri I visited.
      • While there are many farm terris, it seems obvious they can't scale. I haven't seen the interior of a maxed hideout, however, and I don't know if they can have farm plots. If not, then only guilds that control a farm terri have any chance of actually living independently in a hideout in the Outlands: and relatively speaking, that will only be a handful of guilds.
      • The three Outlands markets are probably going to be busy. :)
      • It will probably be easier to use the three Outlands cities as remote zerg bases than it will be to use hideouts as bases (again, infinite zerg stacking, indestructible base, and the markets will populate quickly). Not allowing players who visited the Outlands cities to suicide back to the royals is a clunky workaround, and will largely result in alt abuse.
      • I only saw a few zones with T8 resources. I assume the biggest guilds will dominate those, but those maps are probably the primary reason to go deep into the Outlands away from realmgates (not counting whatever is hidden in the middle of the map :) ).
      • The crafting bonuses for hideouts are interesting, but not compelling. The increase in royal city bonuses is a far more significant change, since realmgates are where the power will largely be for most guilds.
      In short, I'm not seeing living in the Outlands as being practical yet for most players or guilds. The realmgates are still far too powerful.
    • Roccandil wrote:

Doesn't matter since infinite zerg stacking on a T8 map is what counts?
      Can you elaborate what in your mind is this "infinite zerg stacking"? If you don't have gear - then naked "zergs" are pointless...

Roccandil wrote:

Resource terris look extremely anemic, unless I'm missing something. I saw almost no nodes on the resource terri I visited.
      AFAIK (and I might as well be missing something else too) - Resource terries are not really "resource terries" anymore and are not really supposed to have nodes. The entire cluster map is the resource terry. Upgrading the Territorry will provide a cluster wide buff to all resources - unless I've misread it.

Roccandil wrote:

While there are many farm terris, it seems obvious they can't scale. I haven't seen the interior of a maxed hideout, however, and I don't know if they can have farm plots. If not, then only guilds that control a farm terri have any chance of actually living independently in a hideout in the Outlands: and relatively speaking, that will only be a handful of guilds.
      uhm, what about guilds that have great supply chain management and who can actually caravan the food to their hideouts? Also buying from the local market(s) - that is in other Hideouts that are open to Public (or your Alliane - because your GM is an expert negotiator) or the 3 Outposts should also be an option and promote BZ trade.

Roccandil wrote:

The three Outlands markets are probably going to be busy.
      Yes this. Also public Hideouts (or "friendly" hideouts of other guilds/alliances with whom you will have trade treaties)

Roccandil wrote:

It will probably be easier to use the three Outlands cities as remote zerg bases than it will be to use hideouts as bases (again, infinite zerg stacking, indestructible base, and the markets will populate quickly). Not allowing players who visited the Outlands cities to suicide back to the royals is a clunky workaround, and will largely result in alt abuse.
      Using Outland outposts makes no sense. You cant craft anything there, you can't really distribute any gear (only 1 chest/bank, and you'd have to manage all those tabs), so...
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Can you elaborate what in your mind is this "infinite zerg stacking"? If you don't have gear - then naked "zergs" are pointless...

An infinite number of guilds within an alliance can stack zergs from a single realmgate and head to the same location at the same speed. That's extremely powerful, which is why queues, disarray, point-sharing, etc. are being used to combat it.

And that's the competition hideouts face as zerg bases. With the current realmgate rules, it's obvious that the maps within two or three zones from realmgates will still be dominated by realmgates, and the T8 zones within five maps will likely see realmgate zergs as well.

I just wonder if distance can diminish the advantages of realmgate zergs enough such that hideouts will be attractive as a place to live instead of a realmgate.

Otherwise, hideouts will just be a nice place to refine/craft before heading back to a realmgate.

Captainrussia wrote:

AFAIK (and I might as well be missing something else too) - Resource terries are not really "resource terries" anymore and are not really supposed to have nodes. The entire cluster map is the resource terry. Upgrading the Territorry will provide a cluster wide buff to all resources - unless I've misread it.

Hmm. I remember the part about upgrading bonuses on the entire map, but I didn't realize that feature was replacing the resource nodes within the territory itself.

Captainrussia wrote:

uhm, what about guilds that have great supply chain management and who can actually caravan the food to their hideouts?

That's not really living independently in the Outlands. Sure, some guilds could pull that off, but that would be exceptional, not the norm.

Captainrussia wrote:

Using Outland outposts makes no sense. You cant craft anything there, you can't really distribute any gear (only 1 chest/bank, and you'd have to manage all those tabs), so...

What about guilds that have great supply chain management and can actually caravan the stuff to the outposts? :) (And there -is- a marketplace for gear distribution.)

At the very least, it wouldn't surprise me if some guilds exploited the outposts as unsinkable carriers, deep in the Outlands.
    • Roccandil wrote:

An infinite number of guilds within an alliance can stack zergs from a single realmgate and head to the same location at the same speed. That's extremely powerful, which is why queues, disarray, point-sharing, etc. are being used to combat it.

And that's the competition hideouts face as zerg bases. With the current realmgate rules, it's obvious that the maps within two or three zones from realmgates will still be dominated by realmgates, and the T8 zones within five maps will likely see realmgate zergs as well.

I just wonder if distance can diminish the advantages of realmgate zergs enough such that hideouts will be attractive as a place to live instead of a realmgate.

Otherwise, hideouts will just be a nice place to refine/craft before heading back to a realmgate.
      Ok I see what you mean. But like we both know - the barriers put into the game (queues, disarray, point-sharing, etc.) will hopefully be enough to curb that. I think that dying (wiping) in ZvZ 5-8 zones away from a RealmGate would mean the end of that specific ZvZ encounter. I cant really see people re-gearing and trying to come out all the way out again to join the same fight. Half of them would log off, and other half would get ganked on the way there 1 by 1.
      If they had Hideout(s) deep within BZ with sets to regear into that would work. But thats the opposite of "being dominated by realmgaters".

And then they can always increase the distance I suppose... by adding a couple more maps... like making it 12 zones to the center... or something....

Roccandil wrote:

That's not really living independently in the Outlands. Sure, some guilds could pull that off, but that would be exceptional, not the norm.
      I dont know about that. Guess we'll have to see. With the debuff to Battle Mount Carry weight and some buffs to actual Transport Mounts - I hope that outlands do turn out in a way similar to how they work in Eve Online - i.e you actually have to depend on proper logistics and caravans - unless you are planning to create infrastructure to produce everything (read = craft) locally. Both options come with a trade off and their own Pro's and Con's. Especially once the rumored Contracts feature (for which Im still hoping that it will make it into the game) will be released. I would expect to be seeing caravans as the main point of trading stuff between the Outlands and the Black Zones.

Roccandil wrote:

What about guilds that have great supply chain management and can actually caravan the stuff to the outposts? (And there -is- a marketplace for gear distribution.)

At the very least, it wouldn't surprise me if some guilds exploited the outposts as unsinkable carriers, deep in the Outlands.
      I mean... sure... I guess... But still - to me it makes very little sense, having seen what a Hideout can do. An NPC Outpost without any crafting stations and a public (and potentially camped) Marketplace does not stand close with a proper base (Hideout) that has around 25-31 building slots, Farming Merchant, Energy Manipulator, Artifact Forge, Expedition Agent and a Guild Hall!

(source): wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Hideouts
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Ok I see what you mean. But like we both know - the barriers put into the game (queues, disarray, point-sharing, etc.) will hopefully be enough to curb that. I think that dying (wiping) in ZvZ 5-8 zones away from a RealmGate would mean the end of that specific ZvZ encounter. I cant really see people re-gearing and trying to come out all the way out again to join the same fight. Half of them would log off, and other half would get ganked on the way there 1 by 1.
      If they had Hideout(s) deep within BZ with sets to regear into that would work. But thats the opposite of "being dominated by realmgaters".

I wonder if those barriers will be enough. A single guild may be able to regear deep in the BZ, but a realmgate alliance will still be able to put max players into any zone (no matter how distant) in the battle window that matters, with no issues about gearing/feeding the zerg since they're coming from royals.

Captainrussia wrote:

I mean... sure... I guess... But still - to me it makes very little sense, having seen what a Hideout can do. An NPC Outpost without any crafting stations and a public (and potentially camped) Marketplace does not stand close with a proper base (Hideout) that has around 25-31 building slots, Farming Merchant, Energy Manipulator, Artifact Forge, Expedition Agent and a Guild Hall!

Anyone using an outpost as a zerg base would probably be using caravans from realmgates to put sets there, so the lack of crafting doesn't matter. Granted, the only real advantage would be reducing the time to target on distant zones, and maybe that's not worth the caravan.