Albion Online - The game hits main stream

• Albion Online - The game hits main stream

Dear SBI,

This thread will most likely not make it to the light of day.

I am making this thread because this game has so much potential and the player base should be immensely larger. I have played this
      game since March 2019 and have enjoyed it since. It is a really fun, competitive game, and full of many of dedicated players.

The major issues I am having with the game is that its not promoted/ advertised enough. If SBI were to advertise the game more on twitch
      alone. The player base would be better off. You'll have a higher exposure of the game. (Because streamers would want to play the game)
      Continuing on about the advertising methods of this game. You don't show your projected audience some cinematic advertisement. One because a cartoonish
      medieval game in cinematic is not going to attract anyone, and two it doesn't show what the game is actually about.

Examples:
      youtube.com/watch?v=Sl21oPOawM8 - Jul 27, 2016

youtube.com/watch?v=m4lX49q8ROE - Mar 20, 2019

youtube.com/watch?v=eBU_Fxd0Jf4 - Apr 10, 2019

These are a few recent examples of what I am referring to. As a perpetual gamer who sees this trailer I am immediately going to ignore the ad, because
      it appears as some one star rated Mobile game. The only reason I gave the game a chance was because I had a friend beg me to try it out. So I did and after a
      week of playing I got addicted because like I said its a great game with so much potential but is poorly advertised.

There are two types of people in the world. One who discovers a problem and chooses to ignore it. The other sees a problem and seeks out a solution instead.
      Which gets me to the reason why you have a referral system in the game. Because the only reason I would even play the game is through a friend suggesting it to me.
      Makes you wonder why you need a referral system for you game? Yeah it is good to reward players for introducing the game to your friends. BUT, the underlying problem
      is still poor advertising. I will like to take this chance to give you a few solutions to this problem.

1. You have a player base that not only enjoys the game a lot but also enjoys sharing the game in vods to their friends. These vods are posted all over youtube, twitter, twitch,
      mixer. You name it. Its out there. In these vods lie many of many clips that can be used in an advertisement. You can even give the owner of the vod a gold reward for use of their
      content inside an advertisement of your own. Either it be 5s content, ZvZ content, fame farming content, world boss content, ganking content, crafting content, you name it. Tailor
      it to fit what you're advertising.

2. Advertise the game more through twitch (not with the mobile cinematic you share, yes they are cool for prior existing players but not for new players looking at your game). Sponsor
      a few more streamers of your choice.

3. Host events that involve twitch streams, aka 5s tournaments, where you have 20 teams face each other all day, with a bracket working its way down to the best two teams. Put it in the
      cGvG realm for all I care. The interaction with that alone would be crazy. Host one for EU and NA time zones each. Make prizes for the winners. You have endless opportunities at what you can do.

That is all I have, I had to rant/ give some insight on one of my favorite games and would love action from this thread be taken. But like I said this thread will most likely not make it to the light of day.

Sincerely,
      Zorke

[Herculean]
      NA/AUS Guild 22-10 UTC
      Veteran player GM
      Mastering the art of 20 man Zergs, and 5s content.
      Apply now!
      Sincerely,
      Zorke

[Herculean]
      NA Guild, 22-10 UTC, English.
      A community for late NA and AUS players.
      Apply Here: https://discord.gg/mVEGPEM
    • The game hasn't got a problem attracting new players it's keeping them thats the issue. The major issue right now is all the scummy vet players who run around large groups ganking the shit out joe noob for his flat 4 gear making him rage quit the game.
      The game offers very little for the solo player right now and it also doest do well for newbies outside the blue and yellow areas. Eventually the newbies want to venture into more dangerous rewarding teritory but are consistently hampered by those scummy gate campers and all round dicks who get satisfaction of killing anyone and everyone.
      Who know come queen update we might see more new players.
    • If SBI would allow folks to be compensated for creating content such as promotional videos, recruitment videos, recruiting propaganda, articles etc it would address a lot of what you are talking about without SBI putting out a penny for any marketing. I know a lot of people who would love to write or do a video and the chances of quality content like that getting picked up by mainstream gaming media are pretty high. I have spoken with quite a few of the main stream reporters and as they say it is that content that makes sandbox games like Albion unique. Most of the good PR that gets out about BDO, UO, or EVE Online is all created by players and benefits their communities greatly. I agree with you 100% and I hope SBI hears the people that love this game.
    • CDEEKS wrote:

The game hasn't got a problem attracting new players it's keeping them thats the issue. The major issue right now is all the scummy vet players who run around large groups ganking the shit out joe noob for his flat 4 gear making him rage quit the game.The game offers very little for the solo player right now and it also doest do well for newbies outside the blue and yellow areas. Eventually the newbies want to venture into more dangerous rewarding teritory but are consistently hampered by those scummy gate campers and all round dicks who get satisfaction of killing anyone and everyone.
      Who know come queen update we might see more new players.
      If thats the case there would be no players at all. Your logic is flawed. Tell me the last time youve seen a advertisement for this game that isnt a cinematic or a dev interview. Or even consistent advertising for the game in general they release like one video every couple months to the existing player base thats it.
      Sincerely,
      Zorke

[Herculean]
    • Mytherceria wrote:

Hi @Zorke, thanks very much for your feedback which I have forwarded on to our Marketing guy. He felt that you had a lot of good comments and will look into Twitch's ad network following this :)
      Thank you for making note and looking at my thread! Im excited to hear the marketing team will be looking more into it!
      Sincerely,
      Zorke

[Herculean]
    • evildii wrote:

Zero solo/duo content is what has put me off. After you've leveled up, outside of guilds/big groups there's pretty much nothing to do aside from ganking, stupid solo dungeons get boring quickly. Besides, I liked it more when there were housing lots all over the map, less instances = better = more persistent world.
      You should looking into 5s content, or zerg content. @evildii
      Sincerely,
      Zorke

[Herculean]
    • Zorke wrote:

evildii wrote:

Zero solo/duo content is what has put me off. After you've leveled up, outside of guilds/big groups there's pretty much nothing to do aside from ganking, stupid solo dungeons get boring quickly. Besides, I liked it more when there were housing lots all over the map, less instances = better = more persistent world.
      He shouldn't.
    • Zorke wrote:

evildii wrote:

lmao buddy, he literally just said the lack of solo/duo content is a turn off for him. then you proceed to tell him to do non-solo/duo content and go do zerg content instead xDD lolwut you might as well replied to him with "no one cares about solo/duo content. gtfo" LOL

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tsujihagara ().

• Tsujihagara wrote:

Zorke wrote:

evildii wrote:

lmao buddy, he literally just said the lack of solo/duo content is a turn off for him. then you proceed to tell him to do non-solo/duo content and go do zerg content instead xDD lolwut you might as well replied to him with "no one cares about solo/duo content. gtfo" LOL
      It might as well be solo duo content. Theres a pug hellgate discord for it. and besides there are 2s and 5s when it comes to hellgates. Im pretty sure players go into 2s on solo missions. Addtionally there is gathering, solo dungs, farming, crafting, trade runs, HCEs, arenas. All of those you can participate in solo activities. Additionally this is a MMORPG if you come to it expecting to be a solo player then youre in the wrong game. There is still solo content youve just got to be wiling to seek it.
      Sincerely,
      Zorke

[Herculean]
    • Zorke wrote:

Addtionally there is gathering, solo dungs, farming, crafting, trade runs, HCEs, arenas. All of those you can participate in solo activities. Additionally this is a MMORPG if you come to it expecting to be a solo player then youre in the wrong game. There is still solo content youve just got to be wiling to seek it.
      1. Intent -- player base should be immensely larger
      2. Dissatisfied player says -- not enough solo/duo content
      3. Response -- there’s enough solo/duo content, if you dont like it then you’re in the wrong game

LMAOO well there's your problem buddy. Aside from the many suggestions to add more solo/duo content from the forums, here you have someone dissatisfied with something that makes them want to leave the game and your solution is for them to find another game xDD

A large percentage of players who first play an MMORPG starts off as a solo player. duh. If theres not enough content for them to play for the first couple weeks or so, they’ll probably end up leaving before reaching the end-game contents (zvz) xDD i thought it was obvious but this is one of the reasons why the player base isn’t growing as fast as it should be LOL people just get bored of it before they get strong/rich enough to go pvp.

Zorke wrote:

It might as well be solo duo content. Theres a pug hellgate discord for it. and besides there are 2s and 5s when it comes to hellgates. Im pretty sure players go into 2s on solo missions.
      also, huh? lmao this has nothing to do with any of what i said or what the other guy said or what anyone said. might as well explain to me why the sun is bright cuz this is just random LOOL