Gathering t6+ is impossible

    • Gathering t6+ is impossible

      Every single time I go out to gather t6 or more either I get ganked on my way back or there are portal gankers that push me back to the city. It’s been this way for almost 3 weeks now. How the hell am I supposed to gather anything? I just tried and lost 3 million silver worth of gathering gear, which is the equivalent of about 1.5 months of silver for me. And I’m at the point I can barely afford an armor set. My weapon spec isn’t even good enough to run t5 dungeons solo and I made the terrible choice to start with swords (which I’m convinced is the worst weapon class in the entire game). What am I supposed to do besides just die in game?
    • If you are looking for silver, or fame up gathering to T8. Go gather T5 resources in Redzone, because it has 40% chance for 5.1, which means more fame per hour than doing slow T6 gathering. And besides if you refine the T5, its easy 1,6mil per stack, and more for 5.1 refined. I used to get 300-400 5.1 raw and other per run, usually 1/2 or 3/4 pie.

      If you are insisting to gather T6, go to other BZ portal than carleon, its has less people.

      or go join some alliance who have terry in BZ
      IGN : RickCartman
    • I was in lymhurst BZ for every time because that’s what the guild wants from me. And because of the zone I’m in there isn’t a red zone around me that has ore which leaves black zone as my only option. For probably the past 2-3 weeks I haven’t been able to do anything in the black zone because people are ALWAYS out there
    • I'm in lym BZ few times a day... Of course, you can die there, but it's not that bad as you're saying, or you have really bad luck... I died there once during last 2 weeks, and lost then 4,5kk worth of T8 gathering set + T8 avalonian tool + specter boar + resources (including T7.1), and instead of making posts on forum, I'm just keep goin...

      Like grz09 said, join some guild or alliance who have some interest in gathering in BZ, it's always better to go in a party, even small, than alone...
      G-R-C-T Guild Master
      Gatherer-Refiner-Crafter-Trader
      -----------------------------------------------
      Fiber Gethering T8 | Ore Gathering T8 | Wood Gathering T8 | Hide Gathering T8 | Stone Gathering T8
    • SirBelcherLX wrote:

      Every single time I go out to gather t6 or more either I get ganked on my way back or there are portal gankers that push me back to the city. It’s been this way for almost 3 weeks now. How the hell am I supposed to gather anything? I just tried and lost 3 million silver worth of gathering gear, which is the equivalent of about 1.5 months of silver for me. And I’m at the point I can barely afford an armor set. My weapon spec isn’t even good enough to run t5 dungeons solo and I made the terrible choice to start with swords (which I’m convinced is the worst weapon class in the entire game). What am I supposed to do besides just die in game?
      It sounds like you are doing a few things wrong let me help you.

      1. Use a bloodletter and Miscaller to gather with. Using a bloodletter will save your ass almost all the time with it having 2 dashes and the miscaller with cooldown reduc. (Only need t4 wont be hard to unlock hell 2 to 5 tomes should get you there).

      2. Do not ever use a mount with carry weight for gathering when your not good at the game. Once you get better at getting away and knowning some safer spots then and only then should you maybe use a mount with carry weight. The reason you do not want to use a mount with carry weight is because when you get dismounted your almost 100% always going to die. Now I understand that you will need to make more trips back to town but some mats is better then none. ( I like using Warcamps then getting some friends/guild mates to travel with me to bring back a big load.)

      3. Check portal before going to your gathering spot, Scout the area with your bubble before running to the gate. (Once you look around return back to the city and wait on your bubble cooldown then re-enter with a fresh bubble).

      I gather a ton this way and I rarely die. Also swords are not the worst weapon ingame. If used correct they are very strong, What sword do you currently use? Though swords are not good for a gathering weapon other then maybe claymore or Carving Sword but still they only have 1 dash when daggers "Bloodletter" has 2 meaning you can get away much easier.

      I would use a t5 armored horse they are not easy to take down, I use t6 armored but since your low on funds you should start with a t5 and move up when you feel your ready.

      There are tons of people who gather in the blackzone everyday you must adjust to your surroundings.


      PS. I bring t8 INVS pots, This will also help you get away. Player Dismounts you - Bloodletter W Dash away - Bloodletter E - POP BOOTS - POP INVS POT - Right before invs pot runs out - POP chest INVS - If you are using cropper helm use this INVS right before chest invs runs out. This works almost everytime you stay invs for a very long time and the gankers will have no clue which way you went so then you can just remount and be on your way.


      Also you said you do not gather in red zones you should start, I keep gathering sets in every city, You can just fast travel to fort sterling and gather the Ore, Fiber, and Stone t4 and t5 with much much higher enchant rate using the WC in the red zone to the right of Fortsterling then ox it back to FS when no reds are flagged. Once you get better at understand when to run items from city to city you will know when a good time is to run SOLO but you can always ask friends/guild mates to run with you from another city to the city you want the items to. You must understand that you will need to bring mats from all over the royals to be a great gather and this will come in time once you feel better about how the game works. It is rough at the start but you will learn the best ways to do things.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().

    • SirBelcherLX wrote:

      My weapon spec isn’t even good enough to run t5 dungeons solo

      SirBelcherLX wrote:

      My weapon spec isn’t even good enough to run t5 dungeons solo

      SirBelcherLX wrote:

      My weapon spec isn’t even good enough to run t5 dungeons solo

      SirBelcherLX wrote:

      My weapon spec isn’t even good enough to run t5 dungeons solo

      SirBelcherLX wrote:

      My weapon spec isn’t even good enough to run t5 dungeons solo
      WTB skill
    • I am not so sure what to say, except it is similar as if someone tells you..

      During the last 4 years I tried to cross the small street with a traffic light before my house..

      Unfortunately I ended up all the time in a hospital because a bicycle hit me unexpected while crossing it...

      Beside the joke..what you say is so strange that you are either the most unlucky guy on Earth, or you play outrageous bad..