3 Monitor / Window Full Screen?

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • 3 Monitor / Window Full Screen?

      Hello,

      I would really appreciate if anyone who has knowledge on how to incorporate 3 monitors / Window Full Screen mode to post how the made this work. I just purchased my 3rd monitor and was excited to get it working but I cant figure out why its not allowing me to run window full screen AND it seems completely unable to utilize 3 monitors for widescreen play. I have been able to do both in several other games. I did follow an article on the forums that allowed me to run in window mode utilizing a -popupwindow command at the end of the target line "C:\Program Files(x86)\AlbionOnline\game\Albion-Online.exe" -popupwindow but then I get kicked from the game.

      Thank you very much to those who have put the time in to make this work. I have spent two evenings on it with no luck.
    • owensssss wrote:

      yes theres a render limit that was put in place to stop reolution based view hackers so no you cant just spew monitors on ur black credit card to gain a small advantage
      i run 34" 4k and am completely fine

      stop stringing monitors together like a fucking junkie for view and youll be fine
      Bear in mind, that it's only been the last year or so that 34"+ monitors have been available for a reasonable price. I bought an Asus 34" last year for $700 - for most this is prohibitive even now. For example, about 4 years ago I bought 3 x 27" monitors for about $400 a piece. At that time there were no large monitors (let alone curved) available, and if there were they were about $1,500+. Granted, yes, today you can get a 34" for less than $700. And I just heard there is a Samsung 49" on the way (unlike the ones other manufacturers have he 42" or 47" ones today that have lower resolution). The Samsung is at 5120 x 1440 and likely will be $1,500.

      The point is, not everyone spent a lot of money. I certainly didn't at the time.

      And for the OP, I was one of the people who enjoyed the triple monitor setup for this game (and many others) until they took it away because people complained. Not that it mattered, I am no good at PvP so I personally got no advantage from it - it was just nice to have the game display on all that real estate. Here is to hoping when I get that 49" that the game scales well on it.
    • owensssss wrote:

      yes theres a render limit that was put in place to stop reolution based view hackers so no you cant just spew monitors on ur black credit card to gain a small advantage
      i run 34" 4k and am completely fine

      stop stringing monitors together like a fucking junkie for view and youll be fine
      Thanks for the response. I have enjoyed running my other games with 3 monitors and I was wondering if I was simply doing something incorrect with Albion. It took my a good minute to get Star Wars to run on 3 screens but once it did it was awesome. First gamr I ever played like that. Super immersive.

      Side note: I work hard for a living. Thanks ownesss but ill spend my money on anything that makes me smile. I dont use credit cards for purchases honestly but im assuming you broke the bank for your 34k 4k partna. Speak for yourself. Regardless, thanks for clarifying and offering your assumptions. I laughed at you pretty hard.
    • owensssss wrote:

      R1VAL wrote:

      Side note: I work hard for a living. Thanks ownesss but ill spend my money on anything that makes me smile. I dont use credit cards for purchases honestly but im assuming you broke the bank for your 34k 4k partna. Speak for yourself. Regardless, thanks for clarifying and offering your assumptions. I laughed at you pretty hard
      lol that response
      Rags Owens for making assumptions.

      Makes assumptions.
    • R1VAL wrote:


      I cant figure out why its not allowing me to run window full screen AND it seems completely unable to utilize 3 monitors for widescreen play.

      owensssss wrote:

      yes theres a render limit that was put in place to stop resolution based view hackers
      Like owens and other ever so politely :rolleyes: tried to explain. This is a competitive pvp game and what you want to achieve is considered a hack.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion
    • Piddle wrote:

      MEATCUP wrote:

      Rags Owens for making assumptions.
      Makes assumptions.
      Let the casual gamers fight it out themselves.
      4k gamer dad vs 3 monitor stretched view teen gamer is the classic battle of our time.
      Holy Hell Piddle, how do you come up with that conclusion? So, because I use 3 monitors that makes me a casual teen gamer? If you say so! I think the issue that you gentlemen have so politely tried to explain is that I was asking how to setup triple monitors with Albion with the intent to get an unfair advantage which apparently is a "hack". Well, all I can say is C'mon man! I have played since closed Beta and that is pretty ridiculous to assume and you know it if you think about it. I don't know about you but I am not risking all those hours! Anyways, all in fun and so is this thread. GLHF and Happy 2020 you fools! BTW, I would love to see your gaming setups I will post my TRY HARD 2020 Flight Sim below. I took a shot of my brother's game he had a huge part in making and this was the first game I played in this perspective and I loved it and why I was hoping my favorite game - Albion would do the same. Cheers!
      Images
      • MonitorSetup.jpg

        166.47 kB, 1,414×1,414, viewed 60 times
    • R1VAL wrote:

      Holy Hell Piddle, how do you come up with that conclusion? So, because I use 3 monitors that makes me a casual teen gamer? If you say so! I think the issue that you gentlemen have so politely tried to explain is that I was asking how to setup triple monitors with Albion with the intent to get an unfair advantage which apparently is a "hack". Well, all I can say is C'mon man! I have played since closed Beta and that is pretty ridiculous to assume and you know it if you think about it. I don't know about you but I am not risking all those hours! Anyways, all in fun and so is this thread. GLHF and Happy 2020 you fools! BTW, I would love to see your gaming setups I will post my TRY HARD 2020 Flight Sim below. I took a shot of my brother's game he had a huge part in making and this was the first game I played in this perspective and I loved it and why I was hoping my favorite game - Albion would do the same. Cheers!
      I made it all up on the spot. That's how I came up with that conclusion. I determined that one or more participants would have an immediate negative visceral response to being called a casual and so I went with that. I was mostly invested in calling owen a gamer dad, but I had to balance that out and so you became a teenager.

      I never thought you were trying to hack/cheat/whatever. You should play video games however you want.

      If you have already set up your monitors in windows correctly and used your video card's software to set them to a surround configuration with its own custom resolution, and AO isn't providing you with an applicable resolution in the client. Then I think you are just SOL.

      What does windows say your resolution options are on your monitors from Screen Resolution? Does it list your super stretched one, like this?

      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Neef wrote:

      They removed this option to stop people from being able to view more of the screen then another player. Otherwise this creates an unfair advange just because you have the money to buy 2 or 3 screens over the poor guy that can only have 1 16' screen. =P
      I think they just reduced draw distance in client and didn't restrict resolution settings. Either way, they still allow unfair advantages in the current client, wider aspect ratios can still get a much larger viewing area of the map.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Piddle wrote:

      Neef wrote:

      They removed this option to stop people from being able to view more of the screen then another player. Otherwise this creates an unfair advange just because you have the money to buy 2 or 3 screens over the poor guy that can only have 1 16' screen. =P
      I think they just reduced draw distance in client and didn't restrict resolution settings. Either way, they still allow unfair advantages in the current client, wider aspect ratios can still get a much larger viewing area of the map.
      If that is true then I don't even know what to say... Just wandering if there are stats of kills vs extra resolution (visibility).

      Should not be impossible to restrict, I would think... Or track with the anticheat software or something...?
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Ravenar ().

    • Piddle wrote:

      Neef wrote:

      They removed this option to stop people from being able to view more of the screen then another player. Otherwise this creates an unfair advange just because you have the money to buy 2 or 3 screens over the poor guy that can only have 1 16' screen. =P
      I think they just reduced draw distance in client and didn't restrict resolution settings. Either way, they still allow unfair advantages in the current client, wider aspect ratios can still get a much larger viewing area of the map.

      Ravenar wrote:

      Piddle wrote:

      Neef wrote:

      They removed this option to stop people from being able to view more of the screen then another player. Otherwise this creates an unfair advange just because you have the money to buy 2 or 3 screens over the poor guy that can only have 1 16' screen. =P
      I think they just reduced draw distance in client and didn't restrict resolution settings. Either way, they still allow unfair advantages in the current client, wider aspect ratios can still get a much larger viewing area of the map.
      If that is true then I don't even know what to say... Just wandering if there are stats of kills vs extra resolution (visibility).
      Should not be impossible to restrict, I would think... Or track with the anticheat software or something...?
      Im pretty sure everyone will see reds @ the same time as long as there is off-screen tags on, Even so I don't see a difference in what I see map view wise on my laptop over my desktop so IDK if this is true piddle. Do you have a wide screen? Could you show us an example?
    • owensssss wrote:

      R1VAL wrote:

      Anyways, all in fun and so is this thread. GLHF and Happy 2020 you fools! BTW, I would love to see your gaming setups I will post my TRY HARD 2020 Flight Sim below.
      u wan c my setup?
      I take back calling you a casual. That is the setup of someone who goes hard 24/7. Are you keeping the bottles to pee in later, during big fights, or to throw at people breaking in to steal your grape blunts?
      Discord: Piddle#7413