3d cinematics

    • 3d cinematics

      3d cinematics are a cheap easy way to make albion's 2d world look more 3d.

      - - -
      Imagine trailers/drawings of,

      The eagle mount high in the sky.

      The mammoth mount in the middle.

      Then a skinny skeleton next to it.

      - - -
      Impressions like that are an easy way to give flat albion a 3d imagination.

      Opinions about it?

      - - -
      The current albion drawings, wallpapers and trailers are really awesome, so i know some albion artists can do that.
      Avalon Empire is my! empire.
    • albion is actually played in diablo 2 flat-style.

      In-game the flying mounts fly just-above character's heads.

      Even looking down from the highest mountains in albion, the cam perspective never really shows much 3d.

      Without the fogsystem the depth of albion's views is not much.

      3d paintings and 3d trailers can help a lot with the imagination of a 3d world.
      - - -

      Is just an idea.
      Avalon Empire is my! empire.
    • hmm,

      A monitor display is flat.

      The facts are the factual game world is flat. The true game world isn't bigger than the size of your display. All the other parts of the game world are imagined.

      3d-effects in games are all created by artists.

      A player walking behind trees is creating 3d visuals.

      Seeing one object behind another object is 3d effects.

      Shadows etc.
      Avalon Empire is my! empire.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Thisaoplayer ().

    • Thisaoplayer wrote:

      A monitor display is flat.
      Did you want to play the game as VR or AR? LMAOOwhat are you trying to say?? xd

      Midgard wrote:

      Albion is 2d Isometric I believe
      wot it's not isometric if the camera is not orthographic projected lmaoo. if you mean 2d in a sense where you can only move in X,Y directions then yeah thats how a top-down view game works lmaoo wtf i wouldn't want players fighting in the sky where my camera cant reach LOL. also if a flying mount were to be able to fly over terrains, that would be pretty broken. imagine being chased by 50 people and flying over a lake where they cant reach you xd even so, the game is still 3d..

      lmao wtf what quality are you guys playing on?? cuz im playing on "low" but its not as bad as you both explain it xDD
    • Tsujihagara wrote:

      if you mean 2d in a sense where you can only move in X,Y directions then yeah
      So yeah .. its 2d


      Tsujihagara wrote:

      also if a flying mount were to be able to fly over terrains, that would be pretty broken
      Where did I say that should be a thing? I simply pointed out that it isnt.


      Tsujihagara wrote:

      lmao wtf what quality are you guys playing on?? cuz im playing on "low" but its not as bad as you both explain
      I never said it was bad .. simply pointing out facts to you. Sorry youre triggered.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Midgard wrote:

      So yeah .. its 2d
      LOL let me simplify myself: im literally telling you that you have the wrong idea and you're agreeing to it xDD he's talking about art style not movement mechanics otherwise he wouldn't be requesting albion artists to do anything. so when you say "albion is 2d isometric", you're just wrong because its neither isometric nor 2d lmaooo do you need me to point out a definition or can you google yourself? xdd

      Midgard wrote:

      Where did I say that should be a thing? I simply pointed out that it isnt.
      Where did I say that should be a thing? I simply pointed out that it would be pretty broken.

      Midgard wrote:

      I never said it was bad .. simply pointing out facts to you. Sorry youre triggered.
      yes and if you also didn't understand this part, im pointing out that you're both not making any sense LOL

      also i dont think you know what "triggered" means LMAOO stop trying to copy kids when you're old xDD its cringy

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Tsujihagara ().

    • Midgard wrote:

      @Tsujihagara yep, just as I thought .... triggered as fuck.

      After being proven wrong and running out of logical arguments, good ol’ Midgard resorts to using his ultimate ability: re-using irrelevant words he learned last week from the younglings in a final attempt to protect his pride and dignity. Unfortunately, he has yet to fully understand the meaning of this magical word.

      Will Midgard ever find counter arguments?
      Will he finally understand the difference between 3D and 2D?
      Does he even know the difference between orthographic vs perspective views?
      Will he ever understand the meaning of “Triggered” ?
      Is Midgard really a boomer?

      … Only time will tell.

    • Midgard wrote:

      Your ad hominem attacks only show you for the 12 year old you are. well done clap

      Midgard wrote:

      only show you for the 12 year old you are

      Midgard wrote:

      Sorry youre triggered.

      Midgard wrote:

      @Tsujihagara yep, just as I thought .... triggered as fuck.

      LMAOOO excuse me ma’am, are you talking to yourself? Hypocrite much? Maybe you misread your own replies? or maybe u dumb or something? LOL

      Do you feel the need to reply to save the little bit of pride you have left from the embarrassment of being proven wrong? Even when your replies have absolutely nothing to do with the topic because you’re unable to find any proper arguments to begin with so you keep trying to avoid it? xDD

      Because im a merciful person, im willing to spare you the last word that you’re painfully begging me for to save you from the embarrassment but next time you wanna make a comeback, make sure it doesn’t apply to you first or else you’ll sound dumb LOLOLOL

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Tsujihagara ().

    • i dont think thats how forums work...

      hes not wrong there is xyz unless you have you never ran up a hill or high ground
      for Dev cinematics clearly theyve shown they can do whatever viewpoints they want, i dont think theyre limited in anything but imagination

      in game view point it is locked, a big reason the viewpoint isnt adjustable is because they Devs would need to reconfigure the entire world to work with 360 degree visibility, something theyve stated in the past isnt in their interests.

      i would love more tools to make videos and such, but i have no idea how theyd implement them

      The post was edited 1 time, last by owensssss ().