• Iron Will (all Swords):
        • Now directly applies a Heroic Charge on you
      • Parry Strike (all Swords):
        • No longer silences enemies
      • Spinning Blades (Dual Swords):
        • Max Health Debuff now only affects unmounted players
      • Soulless Stream (Galatine Pair):
        • Cast Time: 0.9s → 1.1s
      All I see is a buff for Iron Will (but not really DMG, kind of I guess as Heroic charge = +12 attack speed). Parry nerfed (but not the damage). Dual Swords cant affects mounts (but DMG is still the same), a long needed nerf, because 8 shitters in flat 4 swords clapping a Combat Mammy over 1 minute was retarded. Galatines got a 0.2 cast time increase... but the DMG stays the same of course.... and are you really going to notice 0.2 sec lul?

Ikcen wrote:

Obviously the robes are not designed for the melee or the ranged styles, but exclusively for the mages. If that was not true, well, they would not be called robes.
      Wow great argument! We've been here with Albion advertising itself for 5+ years (since alpha) that that game is about "you are what you wear" and you a coming here with this? "Just because its called a ROBE?!?!" ROFLMAOI mean lets decide entire metas based on item names right? Forget about their actual skills and usability and synergy - we'll from now on create builds based purely on item names! We'll call the game "Fashion Online!"
      ....p-f-f-f-t...

Ikcen wrote:

Go in ZVZ - 90% of the players there are with robes. Only the tanks, and few melee DPS are not.
      This might be true for ZvZ only... and thats a whole different game mode TBH... and I would put ZvZ cloth armor somewhere around 75-80% and he remaining split between tanks and leather... but ZvZ is just a portion of what can be done in Albion... the entire point is to bring a lot of glass cannon DPS (which is what cloth armor is) and clap your enemy through skill/ability synergy and CC
      The damage is nerfed too with 7-8%. Also the robe is a robe, it is not called armor. The name reveals the purpose. And if a player with sword, spear or crossbow chooses a robe, indeed this is his choice, but that shows there is something wrong with the robes or with the armors.
    • Ikcen wrote:

The damage is nerfed too with 7-8%.
      Wow, that is some heavy accusation! This was not posted in the patch notes but you are making this claim! Do you have any proof? Better post this in the bug forums ASAP!

Ikcen wrote:

Also the robe is a robe, it is not called armor. The name reveals the purpose.
      The name implies the material and fashion style, not the purpose. The "battle monk" in many games (some MOBAs, and some Hack and Slash - notably Diablo III) would like a word with you. You can also obviously play the "battle monk" archetype here - in Albion. I think there is a Monk class even in WOW these days... Many Asian games (Blade& Soul) have characters running in robes and other kids of "light" armor made of cloth.

Ikcen wrote:

And if a player with sword, spear or crossbow chooses a robe, indeed this is his choice, but that shows there is something wrong with the robes or with the armors.
      No it does not. It just means they are playing a DPS class (most abundant class in any game) - because if you need to kill things fast - you will play a DPS class. This is common sense.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

The damage is nerfed too with 7-8%.
      Wow, that is some heavy accusation! This was not posted in the patch notes but you are making this claim! Do you have any proof? Better post this in the bug forums ASAP!

Ikcen wrote:

Also the robe is a robe, it is not called armor. The name reveals the purpose.
      The name implies the material and fashion style, not the purpose. The "battle monk" in many games (some MOBAs, and some Hack and Slash - notably Diablo III) would like a word with you. You can also obviously play the "battle monk" archetype here - in Albion. I think there is a Monk class even in WOW these days... Many Asian games (Blade& Soul) have characters running in robes and other kids of "light" armor made of cloth.

Ikcen wrote:

And if a player with sword, spear or crossbow chooses a robe, indeed this is his choice, but that shows there is something wrong with the robes or with the armors.
      No it does not. It just means they are playing a DPS class (most abundant class in any game) - because if you need to kill things fast - you will play a DPS class. This is common sense.
      Indeed most players choose the most effective way to play. But this is a way made from the developers, intentionally or not. And if the mass usage of robes instead armors is not a problem for you, it is a problem to me. I do not like the robes, they break the immersion of the game. So if that is not intentional I point it needs a fix. I want to have a real choice among robe, leather armor and plate armor, among melee or range weapon. Right now I do not have such, as some armors and weapons are ineffective in general. I'm not sure what is your problem here? You like knights and warriors with robes or what?

As for the sword, I checked the damage. It is nerfed, and I do not see how that could be a bug, as some kinds of damage are nerfed, some skills do higher damage, and some skills are completely changed. With the two handed sword - the regular damage per hit is 7-8% lower. The maximum damage with R is lower with 100. The heroic strike do more damage, and also increases the move and the attack speeds. The W skills:

-the interrupt increases the normal attack damage, and does more damage
      -the iron will increases the speed, gives immunity to purge, and gives heroic charge, but also gives smaller damage reduction
      -the hamstring slows enemy more and for longer, but does less damage
      -the splitting slash makes more damage, but due to the broken animation it is still useless
      -the parry makes less damage, and also do not have silence and interrupt

It does not sound so bad. But for some reason most players who were weaker to me, now are stronger. In fact I had significant problems even with the mobs I slew easily before. Definitely now the two handed sword has less DPS and less maximum damage.
    • Ikcen wrote:

But this is a way made from the developers, intentionally or not.
      For the 3rd time... this is intentional, and has been advertised since alpha or beta. "You are what you wear":

Source: albiononline.com/en/home

Ikcen wrote:

I do not like the robes, they break the immersion of the game.
      Sounds like a personal problem... :P

Ikcen wrote:

So if that is not intentional I point it needs a fix. I want to have a real choice among robe, leather armor and plate armor, among melee or range weapon.
      For the 4th time - THIS IS INTENTIONAL! See screenshot above! And you already have a choice to use robe (its actually called "cloth"), leather or plate. You just don't want to make that choice for some reason...

Ikcen wrote:

Right now I do not have such, as some armors and weapons are ineffective in general. I'm not sure what is your problem here? You like knights and warriors with robes or what?
      Hmm, which armors are weapons are ineffective? Each one has a definitive job to do (or even more then 1 job/purpose).
      And I wear plenty of Leather and Plate - if you have seen my videos you would have seen that I mostly run leather (as my main DPS) and I do wear plate when tanking (common sense - as I already pointed out earlier)

Ikcen wrote:

As for the sword, I checked the damage. It is nerfed, and I do not see how that could be a bug, as some kinds of damage are nerfed, some skills do higher damage, and some skills are completely changed. With the two handed sword - the regular damage per hit is 7-8% lower. The maximum damage with R is lower with 100. The heroic strike do more damage, and also increases the move and the attack speeds. The W skills:

-the iron will increases the speed, gives immunity to purge, and gives heroic charge, but also gives smaller damage reduction
      -the splitting slash makes more damage, but due to the broken animation it is still useless

It does not sound so bad. But for some reason most players who were weaker to me, now are stronger. In fact I had significant problems even with the mobs I slew easily before. Definitely now the two handed sword has less DPS and less maximum damage.
      All false - unless you have some kind of proof? Are you saying there were ninja nerfs (and according to you - ninja buffs too?) that were not in the patch notes? However seeing as what kind of stuff you post... Im really starting to feel that you don't understand what you are doing...
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

For the 3rd time... this is intentional, and has been advertised since alpha or beta. "You are what you wear":

Ikcen wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

So if that is not intentional I point it needs a fix. I want to have a real choice among robe, leather armor and plate armor, among melee or range weapon.
      For the 4th time - THIS IS INTENTIONAL! See screenshot above! And you already have a choice to use robe (its actually called "cloth"), leather or plate. You just don't want to make that choice for some reason...

Ikcen wrote:

Right now I do not have such, as some armors and weapons are ineffective in general. I'm not sure what is your problem here? You like knights and warriors with robes or what?
      Hmm, which armors are weapons are ineffective? Each one has a definitive job to do (or even more then 1 job/purpose). And I wear plenty of Leather and Plate - if you have seen my videos you would have seen that I mostly run leather (as my main DPS) and I do wear plate when tanking (common sense - as I already pointed out earlier)

Ikcen wrote:

All false - unless you have some kind of proof? Are you saying there were ninja nerfs (and according to you - ninja buffs too?) that were not in the patch notes? However seeing as what kind of stuff you post... Im really starting to feel that you don't understand what you are doing...
      Do you understand English? The choice is not equal to favorizing the robes. If you like robes, others may not, and now they do not really have a choice. And you can simply check the sword in the market. If you do not believe me, this is yours personal problem, deal with that outside of this forum.
    • Ikcen wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Hmm, which armors are weapons are ineffective? Each one has a definitive job to do (or even more then 1 job/purpose). And I wear plenty of Leather and Plate - if you have seen my videos you would have seen that I mostly run leather (as my main DPS) and I do wear plate when tanking (common sense - as I already pointed out earlier)

Ikcen wrote:

Do you understand English? The choice is not equal to favorizing the robes. If you like robes, others may not, and now they do not really have a choice. And you can simply check the sword in the market. If you do not believe me, this is yours personal problem, deal with that outside of this forum.
      No nobody understand english it's a secret but we are all using random word.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Noximilien ().

• Ikcen wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Yes, and you are free to check by yourself how good I am, even with nerfed sword.
      Ikcen, You still havent given us proof that "
      -the parry makes less damage, and also do not have silence and interrupt"

anything you listed above is true? I mean really dude where did you get the information that interrupt increase normal attack dmg? I mean come on dude did you just pull this out of your asss or what? Or did you mean just the W skill interrupt gives more attack dmg? Because its the same, it didnt get more dmg or more attack dmg?

Iron will - What the fuck are you talking about? The dmg reduction is the same?

hamstring - umm? pretty sure its been the same since launch...

splitting flash - does the same dmg as it has always done, But yes you are correct on one thing the animation is super clucky and needs work.

parry - The dmg was unchanged on this patch, The only thing parry lost was the silence and interrupt, which i still think allowing movement with parry will fix this skill in a big way or make it feel much better then it does in its current state.

Now back to your armor problem, This game was made to let us have the freedom to use anything. If for some crazy reason you want to roleplay more then wanting to be better at the game then go ahead knock yourself out wear what you feel is the correct "gear" but saying the devs need to fix the armor system because its not realistic then my dude you need more help when anyone can give because the WHOLE GAME IS FAKE and in no way does it ever claim to be realistic to times back then.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Neef ().

• Neef wrote:

I mean really dude where did you get the information that interrupt increase normal attack dmg?
      Actually it does.

P.S all other W spells on swords - suck , it is fact, even New Iron Will. Old OLD (when you could get stack) version of this spell was better , because you could get + MS buff on top of Heroic charge , and +1 sec duration, now you get useless purge immunity and -1 sec duration. Adding 1 stack of heroic charge is good start , but not enough.

Yes, you should change sometimes your W on interrupt, for example vs Cultist users and counter them , but you wount be able to do that vs expirience player.

I was telling about how bad all W spells ,and problems of E spells are here - forum.albiononline.com/index.p…est-NDA-changes/?pageNo=1 , dont see any sence to type it again.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Equart ().

• Neef wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Ikcen wrote:

Yes, and you are free to check by yourself how good I am, even with nerfed sword.
      Ikcen, You still havent given us proof that "-the interrupt increases the normal attack damage, and does more damage
      -the parry makes less damage, and also do not have silence and interrupt"

anything you listed above is true? I mean really dude where did you get the information that interrupt increase normal attack dmg? I mean come on dude did you just pull this out of your asss or what? Or did you mean just the W skill interrupt gives more attack dmg? Because its the same, it didnt get more dmg or more attack dmg?

Iron will - What the fuck are you talking about? The dmg reduction is the same?

hamstring - umm? pretty sure its been the same since launch...

splitting flash - does the same dmg as it has always done, But yes you are correct on one thing the animation is super clucky and needs work.

parry - The dmg was unchanged on this patch, The only thing parry lost was the silence and interrupt, which i still think allowing movement with parry will fix this skill in a big way or make it feel much better then it does in its current state.

Now back to your armor problem, This game was made to let us have the freedom to use anything. If for some crazy reason you want to roleplay more then wanting to be better at the game then go ahead knock yourself out wear what you feel is the correct "gear" but saying the devs need to fix the armor system because its not realistic then my dude you need more help when anyone can give because the WHOLE GAME IS FAKE and in no way does it ever claim to be realistic to times back then.
      Dude, buy a two handed sword tier 6 or above and read. Also what prove exactly do you want?

Second, do you understand English? It is a fact that most players in the most situations play with robes. I do not ask - remove the robes from the game. What I ask for is to make the choice among plate, leather and robe more balanced. Is that a problem for you?
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Not true, as dps plate with taunt makes now a lot of sense.. +30% all time u need it...is nice
      Btw, this spell has good potential in pvp, even with - x% defence.

But there is huge problem - mana cost. Even if this would be fixed , it will be still so-so ability.
      Let's say , if this spell would have +1 more effect in pvp - it would be great.

For example.
      1. Your taunted victim will automatically choose you as a target , and would not be able to change target for 1-2 seconds.

Or any other usefull effect.
      ----
      Was testing this ability for days , it is god damn nice (atleast the idea) , because it is giving you an option to wear other Heavy Armor in lots of other activities. Love character/skill building , but im sorry to tell that - it is only PvE ability right now. And , if it is working with some builds good - be sure , the are much more better alternatives to choose among other Heavy/Leather/Cloth chest pieces.
    • Equart wrote:

For example.
      1. Your taunted victim will automatically choose you as a target , and would not be able to change target for 1-2 seconds.
      I've been advocating this for weeks!

Make the Taunt skill like "Axe" AOE taunt in DOTA (makes all enemies and Heroes attack you) - or like Legion Coomander's Ultimate - auto Taunts as well (and provides other buffs, or silence, etc...)

That would be really really

really

really awesome - esp vs ganks and in ZvZ!!!
    • Equart wrote:

Neef wrote:

I mean really dude where did you get the information that interrupt increase normal attack dmg?
      Actually it does.
      P.S all other W spells on swords - suck , it is fact, even New Iron Will. Old OLD (when you could get stack) version of this spell was better , because you could get + MS buff on top of Heroic charge , and +1 sec duration, now you get useless purge immunity and -1 sec duration. Adding 1 stack of heroic charge is good start , but not enough.

Yes, you should change sometimes your W on interrupt, for example vs Cultist users and counter them , but you wount be able to do that vs expirience player.

I was telling about how bad all W spells ,and problems of E spells are here - forum.albiononline.com/index.p…est-NDA-changes/?pageNo=1 , dont see any sence to type it again.
      What are you talking about the old iron will? Ironwill could never stack, The Ironwill did not change other then the fact that the Ironwill now gives 1 extra heroic charge....? Interrupt does not give normal attack dmg.... The skill "Inturrept" does give attack dmg when you have heroic charges yes and I also asked him if this is what he meant, But it never gave more dmg or less dmg over all "the interrupt increases the normal attack damage, and does more damage" He said interrupt increases normal attack dmg and does more dmg. when it does not they didnt change Interrupt at all the dmg is the same and so is the attack dmg, Also he made it seem like when they removed the silience from parry he some how lost dmg from not getting normal attack dmg from inturrept on parry. It was confusing.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Neef ().