Stop Taxing your Players

• yiconomics wrote:

There's a tax for buy order, there's a tax for sell order, there's a tax for helping new players learn the game ( repair bill when you go down in dungeons).

Stop taxing us on every single thing.

It drives the player base away.
      Huum, no?

It drives spoiled brats away. Taxing is a must for a game with a healthy economy.

This game is ridiculously easy to make money. Study the game mechanics and think a little and this kind of post will stop showing up.
    • These taxes drive away new players. I think Vets like you just don't want new competition. You're the type of players that'd rather be the only ones on the server so that you don't have competition, and when F2P came you could not handle the massive waves of competition.

These taxes are a deterrent to new players. When they start to calculate all of their expenses and then see the expenses of auto respect then they just leave and play other games. Vets of this game already used most fo their combat credits and maxed out multiple things. New players have to pay 100s of millions more in silver to max out all of their skills if they use combat credits.
      Youtube Tametheark
    • yiconomics wrote:

These taxes drive away new players. I think Vets like you just don't want new competition. You're the type of players that'd rather be the only ones on the server so that you don't have competition, and when F2P came you could not handle the massive waves of competition.

These taxes are a deterrent to new players. When they start to calculate all of their expenses and then see the expenses of auto respect then they just leave and play other games. Vets of this game already used most fo their combat credits and maxed out multiple things. New players have to pay 100s of millions more in silver to max out all of their skills if they use combat credits.
      Hum... no?

You just made up a lot of assumptions without any real numbers to prove whatever.

Market tax is irrelevant unless dealing with very expensive stuff. - Not a problem for new players.

Auto respec - No new players even have 100/100 to start suffering from silver loss of auto respec. You aren't even forced to use auto-respec.

Island tax - The only real tax that affect new players.

Repair tax - Double value, but they reduced knock down to 5% so nothing different to new players. This only affect PvP players basically (most vets or semi-new players) because overcharged stuff lose 30% durability and dead bodies loot also lose 30% durability. Again, no problem for new players.

You are just spouting nonsense.

You are basically annoyed that auto respec got more expensive, but you know nothing. Some time back there was no Random Dungeons nor silver bags. It's WAY EASIER to make silver now than it was when respec was implemented. The rise in cost was just to cover this extra silver everyone currently has.

And if this cost is just too high for you, turn it off, problem solved.
    • New players without premium have to pay double the tax to list an item in the market as a sell order. 6% of something adds up. The game isn't even taxing the profit, it's taxing the revenue.

Auto Respec - New players who decide to stay and spend hours upon hours maxing something out, to only find out it'll take millions in silver to get the most out of the combat credit may just leave the game at that point.

• Island Costs Increased for New Players
      • Bank Chests Cost Increased for New Players
      • Repair Costs Doubled ( and this is still big, because even if your gear gets used once, and goes to 99% you still have to pay thousands just to repair form 99-100) So when players go down they don't go to 95, but instead lower.

On October 9, 2019 Albion developers placed these changes in the game.
      • Increased repair costs of all items by 100%, but halved knockdown damage (from 10% to 5%), meaning repair cost of knockdowns remains the same
      • Increased Market Order Fee from 1% to 1.5%
      • Increased Market Tax from 4% to 6% (from 2% to 3% with Premium)
      • Increased the cost of buying additional bank tabs by 50%
      • Increased the cost of buying and upgrading islands by 50%
      • Increased the cost of converting Fame to Fame Credits by 50%
      • Increased the cost of using the fast travel feature by 50%
      • Reduced the rate at which Silver offers are generated by the Black Market by 10%"

In September before these changes were made the average player count was 2,322.6 players. After the changes in October that player count average fell by nearly 100. Now the player base is only peaking on 'reset' days with the promise of some action.

Oh yea, one more thing. When the price of gold is under 3,000 Silver, people like me stop 'donating' to the game.
      Youtube Tametheark
    • Repait cost - 0 effect on new players. Low tier sets cost basically nothing to repair that 1% you mentioned.

Order Fee - As i already said, unless you are talking about expensive stuff, those taxes aren't aggressive.

Market Tax - Same

Bank Tabs - Why would a new player need more than one bank tab ? I use at most 2 tabs per city being a 2+ year old player.

Island - Again, islands just start giving a small return at higher tiers. Why would a new player need an island?

Fame Credits - anyone above 100/100 on anything combat related should already be able to deal with their finances. If they aren't, just don't use auto-respec.

Fast Travel - Fast traveling with low level stuff is cheap AF, no problem for a new player. If you want to bring high tier gear you aren't a new player. (even high tier gear isn't that expensive).

Black Market is still around 30% of all the silver generated IN THE SERVER. Most players doesn't even use it, veterans inclusive.

Albion Steam Chart:

Last 30 Days2,501.1+31.3+1.27%4,433
      November 20192,469.8+236.7+10.60%4,433
      October 20192,233.1-89.5-3.85%3,884
      September 20192,322.6-146.2-5.92%4,068
      August 20192,468.8-943.1-27.64%4,585
      July 20193,411.9-900.5-20.88%5,337
      June 20194,312.5-2,672.8-38.26%7,565
      May 20196,985.3+1,105.5+18.80%12,955

That -100 players you mentioned were just put out of context. Player base has been falling since F2P simply because that number didn't stabilize since that time.

Or do you think that -2600 players from June to July was because of taxes too?

This game has 10x more players in Steam Chart than it had in March of this same year. And started growing again (a mix of player base stabilization + new event season + albion marketing).

Also, the Steam Chart is a TERRIBLE way of measuring this, as most players doesn't play the game through Steam.

Just today, in the reset day HOUR, there were ~4500 players involved in PvP.

I'm not even counting the whole day, or players not doing PvP. Just in PvP, in that single hour, 4500 players.

Your arguments are flawed.
    • yiconomics wrote:

• Repair Costs Doubled ( and this is still big, because even if your gear gets used once, and goes to 99% you still have to pay thousands just to repair form 99-100) So when players go down they don't go to 95, but instead lower.

Two things...

1st. When last time I repaired full T8 gathering set + T8 avalonian tool + T8.1 bag from 99 to 100 (something NEW PLAYERS will not do for a long time) I payed like 500 silver.

2nd. full combat T4 or T5 set will maybe cost "thousands" if you'll repair them from 1 to 100 coz it's just cheap.

imgur.com/a/GSXVqOp

Actual cost for repairing "new player" set from 99 to 100...
      G-R-C-T Guild Master
      Gatherer-Refiner-Crafter-Trader
      -----------------------------------------------
      Fiber Gethering T8 | Ore Gathering T8 | Wood Gathering T8 | Hide Gathering T8 | Stone Gathering T8

The post was edited 1 time, last by MrFler ().

• MrFler wrote:

Two things...

1st. When last time I repaired full T8 gathering set + T8 avalonian tool + T8.1 bag from 99 to 100 (something NEW PLAYERS will not do for a long time) I payed like 500 silver.

2nd. full combat T4 or T5 set will maybe cost "thousands" if you'll repair them from 1 to 100 coz it's just cheap.

imgur.com/a/GSXVqOp

Actual cost for repairing "new player" set from 99 to 100...
      /thread
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Taxing is a must for a game with a healthy economy.

Sinks are a must, yes, but sinks don't have to be taxes.

Anything that is taxed is discouraged, and there will be less of it. The question is whether or not that "less of it" is more significant than whatever benefit is derived from the tax.

yiconomics wrote:

These taxes drive away new players. I think Vets like you just don't want new competition.

This is true in RL. Wealthy people have a vested interest in high income taxes, because that's a tax on becoming rich, not a tax on being rich. Income tax tends to keep their "wealth club" exclusive.

A wealth tax, on the other hand, would be a direct attack on wealthy people, and they have a vested interest in opposing it.

So, yes, if SBI implemented an actual tax on wealth (bank tab weight tax, island/property tax, silver/gold balance tax, etc.), I think you'd see vets screaming. :) (And then we could have fun turning around all these elitist arguments in favor of income tax against them! :P )
    • What the game really needs is a new skill tree called "Tax Avoidance". Then all the new players who don't like paying their taxes can spend time playing mini-games. One of them can be quizzes about IAS. Another can be about estate planning or tax law.

Create some content, you know?

Edit: Another one can be called "Where did my money go??" and you have to either chase roaming gold coins around the map, or else you need to play a 2D high speed side scroller where you are an Avalonian Drone picking up gold coins.
      Discord: Piddle#7413 "The purpose of existence is simple: everything is fuel for the magmaw." —Jaji, magmaw worshipper

The post was edited 1 time, last by Piddle ().

• Piddle wrote:

What the game really needs is a new skill tree called "Tax Avoidance". Then all the new players who don't like paying their taxes can spend time playing mini-games. One of them can be quizzes about IAS. Another can be about estate planning or tax law.

Create some content, you know?

Edit: Another one can be called "Where did my money go??" and you have to either chase roaming gold coins around the map, or else you need to play a 2D high speed side scroller where you are an Avalonian Drone picking up gold coins.
      I can't tell if you're joking or not but that's actually an amazing idea xDD meaningful minigames are better new contents than nothing lmao