Bow W (ray of light) is OP !

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Well, ray is here since beginning of game and warbow was never an issue..

      Why?

      Great nature, before changes of W / Q

      I always killed the warbow, mage robe shifted it a bit, but u could still runaway as nature, build up q and come back

      But nature got destroyed for solo, for whatever reason, and thus, warbow has no natural enemy any more...

      It is same as in any eco system, you mindlessly extinct something, then something grows..

      Here it is the warbow
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

      Well, ray is here since beginning of game and warbow was never an issue..

      Why?

      Great nature, before changes of W / Q

      I always killed the warbow, mage robe shifted it a bit, but u could still runaway as nature, build up q and come back

      But nature got destroyed for solo, for whatever reason, and thus, warbow has no natural enemy any more...

      It is same as in any eco system, you mindlessly extinct something, then something grows..

      Here it is the warbow
      A good axe player will win against a warbow in most cases (if we're talking about typical assassin jacket, mage cowl, warbow). Dagger pair will almost always win if they have half a brain. Bloodletter, no need to explain why they'd win this matchup. Dual swords will merc a warbow, easy. There are a lot of counters to warbow. The animation is broadcasted, and it has a pretty big delay. Both W and E are skillshots. Jesus, lets not forget about curse. Literally most weapons will counter a warbow if played right.

      Going back to axes, a lot of people don't realize that if you run the AoE Q- when it makes contact with a target (even invisible) it makes a sound.
    • gmatagmis wrote:

      You are the guy who chasing warbow staight line like train with oil on rails? Gl hf.
      The shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line. If you have zero ranged abilities, you cannot afford to play dodge game with warbow because Poison Arrow or even Deadly Shot is enough. All funny business aside, 10 sec CD for two high powered skills (even if they are skill shots) is just way too short. CD should be at least 12 seconds for both RoL and MA, imo.
    • Calesvol wrote:

      gmatagmis wrote:

      You are the guy who chasing warbow staight line like train with oil on rails? Gl hf.
      The shortest distance between 2 points is a straight line. If you have zero ranged abilities, you cannot afford to play dodge game with warbow because Poison Arrow or even Deadly Shot is enough. All funny business aside, 10 sec CD for two high powered skills (even if they are skill shots) is just way too short. CD should be at least 12 seconds for both RoL and MA, imo.
      No they must be 15 seconds (or atleast W ) , like split slash on swords.


      jwhite179 wrote:

      A good axe player will win against a warbow in most cases (if we're talking about typical assassin jacket, mage cowl, warbow).
      Good axe will suck a lollipop.
    • Well, that's the thing with warbow and balance


      Someone said, curse can handle it..

      And this guy is right, curse can handle it, but in fact it can't..

      Because one smart guy gave guardian helmet an AOE dot remove..

      So, this is, why curse has zero chance.. it can root warbow once, put dots.. and then the warbow Ray's and removes the dots and kills you ..

      So basically, curse has a hard life vs warbow but has a chance..

      But as someone screwed up guardian helmet in balance, curse is out of this..
    • Heh :D , this remind me situation with "parry" xD

      Jokes aside.

      RayOfLight , when it was added to the game it was OP spell for along time in small scale/solo pvp. Right now - it is between "Balanced" and "Op" W ability, many changes were made in Albion , from other weapon/armor balance , to global changes like MS buff and HP buff.

      Ill repeat myself again - right now it is too late to nerf it , like ,15 sec CD (make it similar to split Slash ability, on swords) , or any other changes. Retro should do that when he added this spell to the game , but not now.

      I don't like the way how balance goes right now , from nerfing and buffing spells that are already in global use/meta.(True Op spells must be an exception , how it was with old firewall , when your enemy could be feared again and again) In my opinion would be better to rebalance old weak/less popular spells and add new. Because i got feeling that we are marking time.

      No offence Retro, i respect your work and understand how does it hard to balance , but i will be always on "balance opposition" , and will always criticize your work. Because only in such way we(all players) can make balance better, together.

      Albion - one love xD
      P.S
      I could not even launch Fractured , too much bugs :whistling:
    • Deviator wrote:

      Warbow and skill shots such as ray of light was nerfed hard when movement speed was increased, I don't think it needs any direct nerfing.

      Like Equart says, make other W's more viableIt
      It didnt get nerf, they made warbow e goes faster after that so nothing changed, anyway problem is ray over here it has really short cd and really really good dmg. I am seeing some useless comments they are most probably bow players so dont even wanna answer them cause they already know that spell is op !, They should increase the cd for sure make it 15sc.
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

      Well, ray is here since beginning of game and warbow was never an issue..

      Why?

      Great nature, before changes of W / Q

      I always killed the warbow, mage robe shifted it a bit, but u could still runaway as nature, build up q and come back

      But nature got destroyed for solo, for whatever reason, and thus, warbow has no natural enemy any more...

      It is same as in any eco system, you mindlessly extinct something, then something grows..

      Here it is the warbow
      Ray is the newest spell on Warbow after deadly shot's rework lol.
    • ortolano wrote:

      There are few Rdps good in this game for the 5v5 content. If u Nerf Ray of light u are destroying the Classic bow in 5v5.
      Just laughing at you, Bow is one of the top tier single dps and nothing about ray. Bow class is really good in the game. You can find 5s meta hg warbow or 2s meta warbow hg and you can see how powerfull is w skill.. CD must be increase 10 sc is too low.