Different types off CC Resistance?

• Different types off CC Resistance?

So my base CC resist (forgot the actual value, was like +280ish) shows CC Resistance of 74 (if I mouse over - it reads: CC spells against you are only 26% as effective), so that makes sense. 100% - 74% = 26%

However when I pop Frostpeak Deadeye pie - I was expecting my CC Resist to go up (by 39%?) but instead another value at the bottom of the stats got a bonus of +39% called CC Resistance vs Players (and one vs Mobs too).

Sooo.... is there 2 types of CC resist? And how do they work with one another?

Does 39% CC Resist (from the pie) add to the 74% that I already have? Making my total CC resist (vs players) 84.4% (or basically "CC spells against me will only be 15.6% as effective"?!?!?

And if yes - why can't we just see that as 1 value? Instead we are shown 2?

Or is there some kind of a bug?
    • I guess it is fine the three separate numbers, since the values are different for PvP and for PvE. Note that your base CC Resistance (74) is a number and not a percentage.

You gained +39% CC Resistance vs. players from the pie, which means you CC resistance number is 102.86. On the other hand, you gained 33% CC Resistance vs. mobs, which means your CC Resistance number is 98.42.

I am not sure how such numbers (74, 102.86, 98.42) actually plays in-game combat, though and I would like to know that, though.
      T8 gatherer and bad healer.
    • pareto wrote:

I guess it is fine the three separate numbers, since the values are different for PvP and for PvE. Note that your base CC Resistance (74) is a number and not a percentage.
      74 is indeed a % - as my actual CC stat is like 258. Also if you read the tooltip (which I referenced) it says CC spells are only 26% as effective. Its definitely a percentage.

pareto wrote:

You gained +39% CC Resistance vs. players from the pie, which means you CC resistance number is 102.86. On the other hand, you gained 33% CC Resistance vs. mobs, which means your CC Resistance number is 98.42.
      A percentage (at least in mitigation, as works in 99.9 of other games//MMOs cannot be over 100% - as that would mean that Im taking 0 damage (or totally immune to CC in this scenario, which of course would never be the case).
      So the number cannot be 102.86%. Adding 39% Resist to 74% resist = 84.4% resist (AKA multiplicative bonuses)

pareto wrote:

I am not sure how such numbers (74, 102.86, 98.42) actually plays in-game combat, though and I would like to know that, though.
      Yes, me too ;) Hopefully someone else can help out...

@Evas_Flarelight @Elsa @Mytherceria

and @Boggle who could later update the WIKI if we do get some good answers... because the wiki seems to be pretty outdated in that regard :(
    • Captainrussia wrote:

74 is indeed a % - as my actual CC stat is like 258. Also if you read the tooltip (which I referenced) it says CC spells are only 26% as effective. Its definitely a percentage.
      Well, according to your SS then they should add the % after the number 74. I mean, It shoud read "CC Resistance.....74%" not simply 74. Edit: I checked the tool tip in game and yes, it is indeed a percentage. But the % symbol is missing.

Captainrussia wrote:

A percentage (at least in mitigation, as works in 99.9 of other games//MMOs cannot be over 100% - as that would mean that Im taking 0 damage (or totally immune to CC in this scenario, which of course would never be the case).
      Of course. I made the calculations assuming 74 was your stat, not a percentage.

Captainrussia wrote:

Yes, me too Hopefully someone else can help out...
      8o
      T8 gatherer and bad healer.

The post was edited 2 times, last by pareto: Added information. ().

• Retroman wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Does 39% CC Resist (from the pie) add to the 74% that I already have? Making my total CC resist (vs players) 84.4% (or basically "CC spells against me will only be 15.6% as effective"?!?!
      Yes, that's how it works.

The bonus CC Duration vs ... value is a multiplier ontop of whatever your base stats are. I hope this helps clarifying the situation.

Cheers,
      Retro
      yes! thank you so much! This now makes a lot of sense! Ty!
    • SirusX715 wrote:

Does the stat being split circumvent soft caps? I'm not sure where those caps are for cc resist, but would the extra % from the food be applied at full value if the base was at or approaching caps?
      the fact that its a multiplicative stat - kind of implies that its soft capped. I dont think there is any other soft cap implemented. You can never get CC resist to 100% - so there is your soft cap.

Using CC resist food on a 4.0 armor and a toon with 0 spec would give a bigger bonus then on a 8.3 gear with 400/400 plate character. But still the 400/400 character would have CC resist closer to 100% (so maybe like 90%) vs a newbie who only can get it to like 70% in flat 4.

In the pic shared above - Im using 5.2 gear and 4.3 MP shield (but all specs are close to 0 as its an alt)

All resistances work like that IMHO (but Im willing to listen if anyone has some other data?)