Best PvE Build for MAGE

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Best PvE Build for MAGE

Hey guys, im new here i play the game for 3 days ...Im a fun of mages and i will try to play mage here too. I wanna ask if you guys can tell me which is the best mage type for pve like cleaning easy the dungeons and that kind of stuff...i really like pyromancer but i see some other types like frost be good too...i wanna know your opinion about that, thanks to everyone that will answer me!! :) :)
    • Weapon - Armor - Helm Boots and food will always go for whatever you feel more efficient. But usually Soups / T7 Fish / Pork Omellete

Frost - Great Frost - Mage Robe (Highest passive % damage) - Scholar Cowl - OBS: Frost is only effective at 70+ mastery, due to Icicle Shard.

Pyromancer - Great Fire - Mage Robe - Scholar Cowl

Warlock - Great Curse - Mage Robe - Mage Cowl

If you wish to use a cape, use Thetford for the AoE damage.

Use armor skill that regen life/mana.
    • For frost I would always prefer 1h + Book, because the main damage comes from the Q and a book provides a huge bonus to the castspeed.
      So: 1h Hoarfrost - Book (+ Castspeed) - Scholar Robe (+ Castspeed, + Mana safer) - Morgana Cape (+ Castspeed) - Royal Cowl (+ Mana safer) - Any boots - Soup (for Solo) / Stew (for Group)

Pyromancer in PvE means you wanna have a Blazing Staff, which has a huge cooldown, but no need on castspeed or huge mana safer.
      So: Blazing Staff - Royal Robe - Assassin Hood - Lymhurst Cape - Any boots
      Warlock is nearly the same also Badon Bow (which is bow but has a similar playstyle).
    • Sharaal wrote:

For frost I would always prefer 1h + Book, because the main damage comes from the Q and a book provides a huge bonus to the castspeed.
      So: 1h Hoarfrost - Book (+ Castspeed) - Scholar Robe (+ Castspeed, + Mana safer) - Morgana Cape (+ Castspeed) - Royal Cowl (+ Mana safer) - Any boots - Soup (for Solo) / Stew (for Group)
      Great Frost beats this PvE
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter