PvP kills should award Actual Combat fame

• PvP kills should award Actual Combat fame

It's been brought up before, but its silly that we get fame from killing humanoid npc's and not from players. I think it's something that should be heavily considered. This is a PvP game, the economy, the content, and the livelihood of the game revolves around PvP.

Completely an estimate at this point, but lets say the average player has 1000 kills. A 6.1 set that you'd find players running in crystals and HG's would award 40-60k fame on average. 1000 kills would still only be 50mil combat fame.. Which isn't even enough to get a spec up to 400/400.

Allowing fame to be generated through killing players would drastically improve QoL for specializations that are difficult to level open world.
    • I think the problem with this is that it can be abused. You can just have your friends farm up combat fame with your death and vice-versa. Sure some of your items will be trashed but the majority of it can be returned to you. This would make Tomes of Insight obsolete depending on the amount of combat fame you receive vs the repair costs and item renewal costs. Still, it can be done with cheap items. If this were to happen, the entire economy will also get affected.

Personally, one solution I wouldn't mind is if I get PKed, I would to lose combat fame and the other person gains a reduced amount of that. It keeps people from abusing the system because 1) you're just transferring fame from one account to another and 2) There's a slight loss of fame with the "transferring". In this scenario, combat fame can only be added to the entire player base through Tome of Insights or killing mobs as if nothing changed but I don't know if many people would like the idea of losing combat fame by getting PKed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Romsterman ().

• Romsterman wrote:

I think the problem with this is that it can be abused. You can just have your friends farm up combat fame with your death and vice-versa. Sure some of your items will be trashed but the majority of it can be returned to you. This would make Tomes of Insight obsolete depending on the amount of combat fame you receive vs the repair costs and item renewal costs. Still, it can be done with cheap items. If this were to happen, the entire economy will also get affected.

Personally, one solution I wouldn't mind is if I get PKed, I would to lose combat fame and the other person gains a reduced amount of that. It keeps people from abusing the system because 1) you're just transferring fame from one account to another and 2) There's a slight loss of fame with the "transferring". In this scenario, combat fame can only be added to the entire player base through Tome of Insights or killing mobs as if nothing changed but I don't know if many people would like the idea of losing combat fame by getting PKed.
      Sure, people could buy outlandish gear and you could kill them over and over. Why would that matter? Players can buy tomes, which would be cheaper than buying gear to suicide in. Even if they went that route, you'd still be growing the economy of the game... More gear that trashes, the higher turn-around rate of gear in the AH.
    • Yes. First argument against always was simple "abusable".
      But. It was before auto-respec, tomes of insight, roaming mobs, and random dungeons introdution.
      It was before PvE fame became unlimited resource, tradable, and linked to silver.
      It have real price range now.
      Highest border - market price of tomes. ~4 silver per fame.
      Lowest border - 60% of additional combat fame credits per silver spend conversion rate. ~1 silver per fame.
      Items we trash in combat have some silver link also - silver returned with salvage process.
      So. Now. It looks possible to give PvE fame for trashing items without bad impact.
      If rate will be about 1 PvE fame per 0.3 (trash chance) * items salvage silver returns.

And projected impact on players behavior after such change, at first sight, looks good.
      Since pure-PvP will be an also way to go.
      WTB skill

The post was edited 1 time, last by gmatagmis ().

• Hollywoodi wrote:

gmatagmis wrote:

BTW, it will be also an additional silver-sick factor, since maxed characters with auto-respec enabled will spend silver when killing other players for conversion.
      Wait Bro, then i need a hotkey for Autorepsec off...
      If i just have 250 K silver left and you in 8.3 i need turn it off...or your kill gets me broke...

ROFL
      you kill someone in 8.3 gear and i don't think being broke will be a concern anymore...
    • Berindon wrote:

even a sort of shrine that you can use in any city (or in blackzone in order to make it another viable place of pvp) that you can use to pay silver and convert X pvp fame into Y fame credit. The ration doesn't need to be 1:1 it can be lower in order to always promote PVE activities for faster farm
      No, the whole point is to promote PvP.. This is a free loot pvp game. Also, since most gankers won't even show their face in the black zone without a squad, you're still going to be splitting fame between the group. Rewards players for solo ganking.
    • It has potential in the current state of the game yes.

It just need imo to give combat fame based on what the guy is wearing and not wearing+has on his bag, it will inhibit stat-padders to actually abuse the system. With that in mind we can put factors to balance risk vs reward like ip differencial factor, n+1 fights factor, add something to reduce combat fame earned on repeated kills in the same victim on the same day, etc... (all in all in the mind that PvE fame should be by far the best way to progress your combat fame)

Definetly has a lot of potential now. Balancing in a way to reward "fair" fight has potential to drives people to do the glorious old school solo ganking. @Equart knows what i'm talking about, right fam?

Holy shit if SBI can manage to do this it will makes solo and small scale pvp my main content and i think i'm not the only one to think the same way.
    • Owlsane wrote:

It has potential in the current state of the game yes.

It just need imo to give combat fame based on what the guy is wearing and not wearing+has on his bag, it will inhibit stat-padders to actually abuse the system. With that in mind we can put factors to balance risk vs reward like ip differencial factor, n+1 fights factor, add something to reduce combat fame earned on repeated kills in the same victim on the same day, etc... (all in all in the mind that PvE fame should be by far the best way to progress your combat fame)

Definetly has a lot of potential now. Balancing in a way to reward "fair" fight has potential to drives people to do the glorious old school solo ganking. @Equart knows what i'm talking about, right fam?

Holy shit if SBI can manage to do this it will makes solo and small scale pvp my main content and i think i'm not the only one to think the same way.
      True , just add several rules for such system and it would be perfect.