Price of gold, value of silver

• Price of gold, value of silver

This is might sound anti the game's philosophy but hear me out here.
      You can always tell me why you disagree.

Problem:
      Gold prices keep going up higher.

Silver value keeps dropping.

My solution:
      Silver only cosmetic item shop.

By having the system sell things for silver it takes silver away from the game, increasing silver value in theory.
      People who want to purchase with cash need to buy gold, and sell said gold for silver thus lowering gold prices in theory.

The items of course are destructible and lootable just like everything else.
      Keyword here is cosmetic. nothing that affects gameplay balance.
      anything non-lootable can be rented instead. like avatars or something.

Thoughts?
    • How is this different from the existing Gold-only cosmetic item shop? Or "Vanity Merchant" as they call it in the game. Excluding the already existing Gold-only mount skins, the problem with cosmetics is the lack of cosmetic equipment slot. And the problem with providing cosmetic equipment slot is the inability to visually see the person's equipment-- which is vital for PvP but of course the other side of the argument is that you can just "Inspect" the player's equipment.

Also, I don't know if I'm misunderstanding something but it seems like the Gold prices are going down not up. Can you clarify what you mean by "Gold prices keep going up higher" ?

7-days period:

4-weeks period:
    • Romsterman wrote:

How is this different from the existing Gold-only cosmetic item shop? Or "Vanity Merchant" as they call it in the game. Excluding the already existing Gold-only mount skins, the problem with cosmetics is the lack of cosmetic equipment slot. And the problem with providing cosmetic equipment slot is the inability to visually see the person's equipment-- which is vital for PvP but of course the other side of the argument is that you can just "Inspect" the player's equipment.
      Actually you would be able to turn it off - forum.albiononline.com/index.p…be-Today-s-Patch-Changes/

There will be other armor cosmetics ,including old items and probably new one(like it was with mounts). Problem is in quantity. But we will need tones of them to make Gold market go down.
    • Equart wrote:

Actually you would be able to turn it off - forum.albiononline.com/index.p…be-Today-s-Patch-Changes/
      Huh? I see tons of people requesting to have the ability to turn it off but I don't see any official statement saying that it can be turned off. I might be blind but unless you're making stuff up, It would be helpful if you point out where exactly does it officially say you can turn it off?

If you mean turn it off as in taking off the cosmetics yourself manually, then well yeah.. of course you can but if it gives people a slight advantage in PvPs, why the hell would they turn it off for you beforehand? o.o

Equart wrote:

But we will need tones of them to make Gold market go down.

Huh? The Gold market is already going down. Didn't you read what I said? I even put 2 images. Also, I'm no economist so correct me if I'm wrong but Gold leaving the game will make its value go up because there will be fewer Gold in the economy-- making it rare, meaning expensive.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Romsterman ().

• Equart wrote:

"A player’s wardrobe follows the same visibility rules as the mount skins system." --> you can found it in the first post.
      I missed that. Thanks for pointing that out.

Equart wrote:

And i was not telling the opposite. Yes it is going down due to a new silver sink mechanics , but it doesnt means that we don't need other tools to make it more lower.
      If it's going down then the entire thread is pointless because it has no problem to fix to begin with:

Scruble wrote:

Problem:
      Gold prices keep going up higher.
    • price of gold used to be a lot lower.
      It maybe lowering in the last few days but it has gone up overall.

Now if that price actually continues to plummet to 1k each I will more than happily concede there is no problem with gold prices what so ever.

"How is this different from the existing Gold-only cosmetic item shop?"

Because it values gold even more instead of valuing silver more.

If they want it for cash they will purchase gold and use it.
      If they want to purchase with silver they will purchase gold from someone else and use it.
      So really it raises demand / more gold exits the economy.
      and silver supply doesn't change much just change owners

contrary to selling them for silver

if you sell it for huge amounts of silver people will sell the gold if they want it for cash.
      creating more gold for sale and less silver in circulation.
      in theory this should lower gold price.

The only concern I can think of with this system is some people are incredibly silver rich in this game.
      Meaning they might not even need to buy gold and sell it for silver.
      Meaning less sales for the devs atleast for those items and specific people.
      But on the plus side that is still silver leaving the game.