Pinned Performance Issues: Data Collection

• I felt a lot of freezing and FPS drops for some time (specially when i got dismounted by someone, which most of the time meant death).

But i noticed that in my smartphone it didn't happen (Pocophone F1).

The only real hardware that was better than my PC was the SSD.

I switched my HD to an SSD and BINGO, no more sluttering or freezing or fps drops.

Never noticed, but Albion eats HUGE ammounts Disk Speed. RAM usage was something, but disk was new to me.

So, to fully enjoy albion, i needed 8+ ram, a 2~4g dedicated graphic card, and an SSD. Not forgetting a nice localization (nothing to do here, 140 ping and i consider myself lucky) and a stable internet.

Oh, an ultrawide (working on this) monitor helps a lot too.
    • PvP hardcore is a fun elements in Albion online but as an asian gamer, it's more of a frustration than entertainment to me when it comes to atleast 1 on 1 pvp let alone a zerg of gankers chasing you. all I do in albion now is avoid confrontation with hostile players and gather and grind my way into solo dungeon . Grinding sometimes makes me bored.
    • Mostly health bars and offscreen names make the game lag a lot. Also if you fight large scale in a territory when the lasers start shooting from the tower. Or during a castle when you have names on several sides of the screen. Becomes very choppy, loss of frames. Sometimes it can make your game freeze completely, when you relog you are dead. This usually only happens in tightly packed fights in castles or territories for me. The lack of reducing effects and graphics options doesnt help. There is also many polygons on the environment at times. Any sort of royal conditional flag fights, or the spamming of rep loss is extremely laggy. Have many recordings that didnt turn out because of the lag. But at the end of this video i uploaded you can see when the game comes to a standstill for me for a long time. rx580, ryzen 1700x, 16 gigs of ram 3000, ssd
    • Wait a minute....

November 13Avalonian Mobs appear in the Outlands
      November 16Standalone Guild Season Start - Territories become claimable, Avalonian Mage World Bosses appear
      December 7Territory Reset Day #1
      December 21Territory Reset Day #2
      January 4Territory Reset Day #3, Scores Doubled
      January 11Territory Reset Day #4, GvGs End
      January 13Territory Reset Day #5
      January 15Territory Reset Day #6
      January 16Territory Reset Day #7
      January 17Territory Reset Day #8
      January 19End-of-Season Event
      January 20Season Ends

THIS IS NOT A CONTENT - it is just a covert stress test ! Oh you sneaky Devs =O
    • Albion has bad optimization since beta but when Percival arrived it was incredibly worse.
      As the queen will be focused on territory zvz, I have some doubts:
      1. Does any developer test the game?
      2. Does anyone from the development team read the forum?
      3. Sbi is ready for the rejection of new players? Albion is proposed to be multiplatform but does not run smooth even in windowns.

On any zvz or reset, the game is stuttering regardless of the hardware you use.
      Reset day 12/07/2019
    • Windows 10
      i7 9700K
      GeForce 970
      8GB Ram
      SSD Installed
      Comcast ~30MBps Download ~20 MBps Upload

Game drops to 1-5 FPS, freezes, or disconnects me in every large scale fight (100+ players?) even with health bars turned off, off screen nameplates turned off, graphics settings at the lowest they will go, and effects off. At first i thought it was discord (discord doesn't really like having 200 people in one voice chat) causing the extreme lag issues but I've since moved over to using discord on my phone with cell data and it honestly doesnt change anything within the game itself. For reference I play WoW on Ultra graphic settings and rarely lag in 40v40 battlegrounds even with all the particle effects and abilities spamming on screen. I also play SC2 co-op on the highest possible settings and even on the Dead of Night map with 3-5 mutators going I might drop a couple of frames but never straight up tank to 5 frames the game or disconnect.

It wasn't this bad back when F2P launched, it still had FPS and disconnect issues but it was mostly playable. My theory is all the clutter on the map now (RDs, Solo RDs,Towers, all these Avalon creatures) might be causing some of the issues. There's just way too much crap on a tile these days I can't even move a screen without seeing a ton of crap on my screen.
    • I don't get it - the microstuttering problem in Unity engine is known for quite some time now (like unity's targetframerate limiter bug) but there is known workarounds (permanent or temporary - doesn't matter really) I quite understand that inserting crutches in one place can create problems elsewhere but cmon, the stuttering is unbearable, really, I personally as a new player is thrilled by some mechanics and enjoy those aspects immensely but this stuttering is ruining all the fun and immersion. Do someone want to dissuade new players from joining the game?
      • Character name BlastBR
      • PC specs i7 7700, GTX 1070, 16RAM(2x8HyperX 2400mhz), wather cooler deep cool 240l, ssd 240g
      • Do you have Albion Online installed on your SSD? Yes
      • Which fight did you experience the issue(s)? I have random fights in and out of battles, there is no performance, it's very random
      • Which cluster did you experience the issue(s) in? The locks are constant, whether walking the map, or fighting
      • Videos of the issue(s), if possible youtube.com/watch?v=6FGEbjgHMPg
      • Check the memory consumption of Albion at the time when the issue(s) occurs and send us the output_log.txt from that session Use 6000RAM ~ 7500RAM
    • I will respond to this post with hope, that someone finaly take care of it. @Mytherceria
      • Character name:
        • Mrnin
      • PC specs:
        • CPU - AMD Ryzen 7 3700X
        • RAM - Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200 (15-15-15-36)
        • GPU - GTX 1060 6GB MSI Gaming X
        • MB - ASRock X470 Fatal1ty
        • PSU - Corsair RM 650
        • Internet -
      • Do you have Albion Online installed on your SSD?
        • Yes - Crucial 256GB -
      • Which fight did you experience the issue(s)?
        • Every ZvZ with more than 50v50 players
      • Which cluster did you experience the issue(s) in?
        • All Clusters
      • Videos of the issue(s), if possible
      • Check the memory consumption of Albion at the time when the issue(s) occurs and send us the output_log.txt from that session
        • textuploader.com/16lqp
        • Source Code: output_log.txt

1. Initialize engine version: 2018.4.14f1 (05119b33d0b7)
          2. GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
          3. Direct3D:
          4. Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
          5. Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB (ID=0x1c03)
          6. Vendor:
          7. VRAM: 6052 MB
          8. Driver: 26.21.14.4187
          9. Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
          10. - Completed reload, in 0.312 seconds
          11. <RI> Initializing input.
          12. <RI> Input initialized.
          13. <RI> Initialized touch support.
          14. UnloadTime: 0.516400 ms
          15. [AVProVideo] Initialising AVPro Video (script v1.7.5 plugin v1.7.5) on NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1] (MT True) on WindowsPlayer
          16. Unloading 5 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
          17. Unloading 5 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 2618.
          18. Total: 80.955700 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.359600 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.043200 ms MarkObjects: 80.515700 ms DeleteObjects: 0.036600 ms)
          19. WwiseUnity: Initialize sound engine ...
          20. WwiseUnity: Sound engine initialized.
          21. ErrorFile not found C:/Games/AlbionOnline/game/./Albion-Online_Data/StreamingAssets\GameData\animationtypes.xsd(or C:/Games/AlbionOnline/game/./Albion-Online_Data/StreamingAssets\GameData\animationtypes.bin)
          22. ERROR: File Not Found: C:/Games/AlbionOnline/game/./Albion-Online_Data/StreamingAssets\GameData\animationtypes.xsd
          23. Startup Loading time: 12.07017
          24. a
          25. o
          26. c
          27. k
          28. l
          29. Switched Scene to Tutorial
          30. CharacterSelection3dRoot:
          31. a
          32. e
          33. Switched Scene to Default
          34. CharacterSelection3dRoot:
          35. j
          36. ErrorMore than 500 currently active VFX effects!
          37. Look rotation viewing vector is zero
          38. Unloading 6 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0)
          39. Unloading 141538 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 558259.
          40. Total: 1351.216100 ms (FindLiveObjects: 60.546700 ms CreateObjectMapping: 27.664700 ms MarkObjects: 972.252000 ms DeleteObjects: 290.752300 ms)
          41. Setting up 8 worker threads for Enlighten.
          42. Thread -> id: 52cc -> priority: 1
          43. Thread -> id: 3f38 -> priority: 1
          44. Thread -> id: 50c4 -> priority: 1
          45. Thread -> id: 1158 -> priority: 1
          46. Thread -> id: 2724 -> priority: 1
          47. Thread -> id: 3f80 -> priority: 1
          48. Thread -> id: 4f90 -> priority: 1
          49. Thread -> id: 430 -> priority: 1
          Display All

The post was edited 2 times, last by Mrnin ().