Upcoming Item Power Adjustments

    • GluttonySDS wrote:

      ImaDoki wrote:

      GluttonySDS wrote:

      Time to destroy all new players in my shiny white gear.
      Then die to 8 4.1 claw gankers and make the day for them. It will just be a little harder, but won't block this kind of thing.
      I guess my only question is do people really not think high spec and high tier gear make a difference now? If so, why? Are they not playing the same game where high spec/tier players (especially DPS) become gods in the open world?
      because they die to 8 4.1 claw gankers cuz they get ditched by their teammates so they never get to land their Es
    • GluttonySDS wrote:

      ImaDoki wrote:

      GluttonySDS wrote:

      Time to destroy all new players in my shiny white gear.
      Then die to 8 4.1 claw gankers and make the day for them. It will just be a little harder, but won't block this kind of thing.
      I guess my only question is do people really not think high spec and high tier gear make a difference now? If so, why? Are they not playing the same game where high spec/tier players (especially DPS) become gods in the open world?
      Yes high tier gear do a difference in fights but the point is that such difference is not worth the super high cost gap between low and high tier gear.
    • Guilefulwolf wrote:

      GluttonySDS wrote:

      ImaDoki wrote:

      GluttonySDS wrote:

      Time to destroy all new players in my shiny white gear.
      Then die to 8 4.1 claw gankers and make the day for them. It will just be a little harder, but won't block this kind of thing.
      I guess my only question is do people really not think high spec and high tier gear make a difference now? If so, why? Are they not playing the same game where high spec/tier players (especially DPS) become gods in the open world?
      Yes high tier gear do a difference in fights but the point is that such difference is not worth the super high cost gap between low and high tier gear.
      To me -- having high spec and a 8.1 weapon/chest definitely do make a big difference in ZVZ already.
    • Roccandil wrote:

      T8 will provide an extra 60 IP over T4, and 30 IP over T6
      But is that extra IP worth the extra risk/cost? IMaybe in some situations but certainly not in others. m not convinced this will be the silver bullet that its being made out to be .. time will tell I guess.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • I really hope you developers are also taking high tier gathering gear into question. Currently there is zero reason for anyone to waltz around in .1/.2/.3 gathering gear or even MP quality.

      Since gathering gear is "escape gear" from your perspective, me sporting a rarer set should allow me even more opportunity to survive the clusterbang i'm attempting to flee. Nerf my damage more if that is what it takes; not like you are letting us gatherers fight back anyway.

      HELL carrying capacity should be tied to IP for gathering gear. It's straight retarded that high spec gatherers are screwed because of the amount of resources they can generate.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

      Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

      Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • Crane wrote:

      Currently there is zero reason for anyone to waltz around in .1/.2/.3 gathering gear or even MP quality.
      There is some reason (how "great" or how "little" - still yet to be determined, obviously just one opinion does not count) to run in .1 or .2 gather gear - you get IP bonus, which translates to you being tankier (gathering gear has stats somewhere in between Plate and Leather, last I checked - for HP bonus and armor that is, of course no inherent DMG bonus).

      Being tankier = higher % of escaping a gank. Quality helps too. MP is too rare to be used in anything outside of GvGs (for any kind of gear - combat, or otherwise), so thats a really bad example.

      Crane wrote:

      Since gathering gear is "escape gear" from your perspective, me sporting a rarer set should allow me even more opportunity to survive the clusterbang i'm attempting to flee. Nerf my damage more if that is what it takes; not like you are letting us gatherers fight back anyway.
      Yes - that should already be covered in the new update. The gathering gear should be getting an IP boost as well from the higher tiers per the "Upcoming Item Power Adjustments". More IP = more health and armor = more tankyness.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

      Crane wrote:

      Currently there is zero reason for anyone to waltz around in .1/.2/.3 gathering gear or even MP quality.
      There is some reason (how "great" or how "little" - still yet to be determined, obviously just one opinion does not count) to run in .1 or .2 gather gear - you get IP bonus, which translates to you being tankier (gathering gear has stats somewhere in between Plate and Leather, last I checked - for HP bonus and armor that is, of course no inherent DMG bonus).
      Being tankier = higher % of escaping a gank. Quality helps too. MP is too rare to be used in anything outside of GvGs (for any kind of gear - combat, or otherwise), so thats a really bad example.

      Crane wrote:

      Since gathering gear is "escape gear" from your perspective, me sporting a rarer set should allow me even more opportunity to survive the clusterbang i'm attempting to flee. Nerf my damage more if that is what it takes; not like you are letting us gatherers fight back anyway.
      Yes - that should already be covered in the new update. The gathering gear should be getting an IP boost as well from the higher tiers per the "Upcoming Item Power Adjustments". More IP = more health and armor = more tankyness.
      Your argument is that since we get 'more' IP for wearing .1/.2/.3, we are tankier, thus working as intended; some is better than none.


      I don't think you got my point. My point is the amount of tankiness we get for wearing .1/.2/.3 is currently laughable (logarithmic if you follow) and if unchanged, will remain laughable. There is no point to wearing rare gathering gear.
      T8 All Gatherer - T8 All Refiner - T8 Rare Animal Breeder

      Newbie questions are welcome! <3 <3

      Referral Link: Play for free today!
    • Roccandil wrote:

      Captainrussia wrote:

      Being tankier = higher % of escaping a gank. Quality helps too.
      At least in my experience, having a lot of HP doesn't do much good if you're stun-locked. Does gathering gear IP also translate to higher CC resistance?
      Yes higher CC as well. I meant all of that.

      Crane wrote:

      I don't think you got my point. My point is the amount of tankiness we get for wearing .1/.2/.3 is currently laughable (logarithmic if you follow) and if unchanged, will remain laughable. There is no point to wearing rare gathering gear.
      No I got what you are saying. I mean, the amount of tankiness is the same you'd be getting on other gear, like leather or plate (with potentially more CCResist, I forget if gathering gear has more CC or same as other stats - between leather and plate) if enchanting it to .1 or .2 or .3.

      Whether that is marginally useful compared to the costs of enchanting to .1 and beyond... I can't say that. Getting more gathering (Resource Return) bonus of course would be cool - and that have been asked for by the community since like the beta. I dont know if there is just no way to code it or something...
    • Midgard wrote:

      Roccandil wrote:

      T8 will provide an extra 60 IP over T4, and 30 IP over T6
      But is that extra IP worth the extra risk/cost? IMaybe in some situations but certainly not in others. m not convinced this will be the silver bullet that its being made out to be .. time will tell I guess.
      I think the same, I have 400 spec in all equip i use for my build but for just 60ip i will keep my 4.1 or 5.0 if magical equip becomes too much expensive
    • Retroman wrote:

      Hey, thanks everyone for your feedback in this thread. :)

      We have made an additional adjustment to the changes.

      Adjustment
      In addition to these change, Mastery Modifiers have been added to the Mastery Bonuses of high-tier equipment as follows:
      • 5% on all T5 items
      • 10% on all T6 items
      • 15% on all T7 items
      • 20% on all T8 items
      This bonus applies to all Armors, Weapons, and Offhands, and includes IP bonuses from basic Specializations as well as advanced Masteries.
      For example, if you get an additional 100 IP from your Destiny Board Masteries for swords, using a T6 Sword will give you a 10% additional boost to that Master bonus, for a total bonus of 110 IP.


      Reason:
      With these bonuses, we would like to make high tier gear more relevant in the open world. And we would also like to encourage high spec players to use higher tier gear. Additionally max spec characters get less value out of T4 gear and are also more incentiveized to use higher tier equpiment. While at the same time, we did not want to put too much psychological pressure on lower spec players to start using high tiers early on. Hence, the impact of the bonuses is tied to the character’s spec level and will only truly kick in once a character is sufficiently advanced.

      Cheers,
      Retro
      Can yoh update this info to the original post please? Sucks to have to find it im the 6th page...
    • MadSkillzDLR wrote:

      Retroman wrote:

      Hey, thanks everyone for your feedback in this thread. :)

      We have made an additional adjustment to the changes.

      Adjustment
      In addition to these change, Mastery Modifiers have been added to the Mastery Bonuses of high-tier equipment as follows:
      • 5% on all T5 items
      • 10% on all T6 items
      • 15% on all T7 items
      • 20% on all T8 items
      This bonus applies to all Armors, Weapons, and Offhands, and includes IP bonuses from basic Specializations as well as advanced Masteries.
      For example, if you get an additional 100 IP from your Destiny Board Masteries for swords, using a T6 Sword will give you a 10% additional boost to that Master bonus, for a total bonus of 110 IP.


      Reason:
      With these bonuses, we would like to make high tier gear more relevant in the open world. And we would also like to encourage high spec players to use higher tier gear. Additionally max spec characters get less value out of T4 gear and are also more incentiveized to use higher tier equpiment. While at the same time, we did not want to put too much psychological pressure on lower spec players to start using high tiers early on. Hence, the impact of the bonuses is tied to the character’s spec level and will only truly kick in once a character is sufficiently advanced.

      Cheers,
      Retro
      Can yoh update this info to the original post please? Sucks to have to find it im the 6th page...
      Good point, done.

      Cheers,
      Retro
    • Man, you guys worry about silver way too much in this game. Silver is really easy to get now and in Queen it will be even easier. You gain nothing from playing this game but a piece of mind so go on ahead use higher tier gear especially if you're mastery 300. You will see how fast you will kill anyone with any gear lower than yours even if it is 8 4.1 gankers. Don't forget about how the game gives you the advantage when you're being attacked by more than 2 players.



      I love y'all. Enjoy.
    • Crezmo wrote:

      Man, you guys worry about silver way too much in this game. Silver is really easy to get now and in Queen it will be even easier. You gain nothing from playing this game but a piece of mind so go on ahead use higher tier gear especially if you're mastery 300. You will see how fast you will kill anyone with any gear lower than yours even if it is 8 4.1 gankers. Don't forget about how the game gives you the advantage when you're being attacked by more than 2 players.



      I love y'all. Enjoy.
      If is that easy why don't you give me and each of my friends 100.000.000 silver so we will equip for a few times in t8 and by the way you will still die from those 4.1 gankers because actual Albion prizes numbers not skill. And I say this not to talk nosense because I tried thousands times.

      Peace and love

      The post was edited 1 time, last by hypnoticshadow ().