Upcoming Item Power Adjustments

• Neef wrote:

addidas wrote:

BearGroug wrote:

Do you even play this game my self and everyone i play with bring 7.1 or higher the higher the risk the higher the reward this guy i know is always in 8.2 to 8.1 hes a really good player.

addidas wrote:

This wont do anything. This will just artificially cap (by price) all players to about 1200 IP, (which is already what is happening anyway since nobody wears > 7.1 artifacts into the open world unless its for a BIG event).

You cant compare Artifact level or non artifact against each other since each weapon has it's own use case (in all aspects of the game like zvz, 2v2, 5v5, pve).

You are part of the edge case that do this. Nobody is walking around in t8 judi for small events. Reset day? yes.You can confirm by going to the market and seeing how often these items are traded.
      Well to be fair with the change you wont need a T8 judi to have the stats of T8, Many people use 5.3 judi's which = t8 100% with this change. =)
      "We want to make high end gear a bit more powerful in order to give better justification for the high cost."
    • addidas wrote:

Neef wrote:

addidas wrote:

BearGroug wrote:

Do you even play this game my self and everyone i play with bring 7.1 or higher the higher the risk the higher the reward this guy i know is always in 8.2 to 8.1 hes a really good player.

addidas wrote:

This wont do anything. This will just artificially cap (by price) all players to about 1200 IP, (which is already what is happening anyway since nobody wears > 7.1 artifacts into the open world unless its for a BIG event).

You cant compare Artifact level or non artifact against each other since each weapon has it's own use case (in all aspects of the game like zvz, 2v2, 5v5, pve).

You are part of the edge case that do this. Nobody is walking around in t8 judi for small events. Reset day? yes.You can confirm by going to the market and seeing how often these items are traded.
      Well to be fair with the change you wont need a T8 judi to have the stats of T8, Many people use 5.3 judi's which = t8 100% with this change. =)
      "We want to make high end gear a bit more powerful in order to give better justification for the high cost."
      The reason why a T8 is more expensive than a 5.3 even if both will have the exact same IP is because the T8 has the possibility of being busted up with enchantment levels while the 5.3 has already reached its maximun.
    • addidas wrote:

Neef wrote:

addidas wrote:

BearGroug wrote:

addidas wrote:

Still doesn't change the fact that you could just use 5.3 to have flat 8. Also if you wanted 8.1 you could just wear 6.3 =P. But yes tier t8 will still be much better but only @ 8.2 and 8.3 which people wont use most the time inless its maybe a level 10 Crystal or even maybe a reset/terri fight. I think the change wont be as bad as people think but we wont really know til its on the servers and we can test it out for real. The best part is FLAT artifact weapons/armor won't have so much of a boost which I think it needed the change as .1+ should be much better then flat artifacts.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().

• Hey, thanks everyone for your feedback in this thread. :)

We have made an additional adjustment to the changes.

Adjustment
      In addition to these change, Mastery Modifiers have been added to the Mastery Bonuses of high-tier equipment as follows:
      • 5% on all T5 items
      • 10% on all T6 items
      • 15% on all T7 items
      • 20% on all T8 items
      This bonus applies to all Armors, Weapons, and Offhands, and includes IP bonuses from basic Specializations as well as advanced Masteries.
      For example, if you get an additional 100 IP from your Destiny Board Masteries for swords, using a T6 Sword will give you a 10% additional boost to that Master bonus, for a total bonus of 110 IP.

Reason:
      With these bonuses, we would like to make high tier gear more relevant in the open world. And we would also like to encourage high spec players to use higher tier gear. Additionally max spec characters get less value out of T4 gear and are also more incentiveized to use higher tier equpiment. While at the same time, we did not want to put too much psychological pressure on lower spec players to start using high tiers early on. Hence, the impact of the bonuses is tied to the character’s spec level and will only truly kick in once a character is sufficiently advanced.

Cheers,
      Retro
    • Retroman wrote:

Hey, thanks everyone for your feedback in this thread. :)

Adjustment
      In addition to these change, Mastery Modifiers have been added to the Mastery Bonuses of high-tier equipment as follows:
      • 5% on all T5 items
      • 10% on all T6 items
      • 15% on all T7 items
      • 20% on all T8 items
      This bonus applies to all Armors, Weapons, and Offhands, and includes IP bonuses from basic Specializations as well as advanced Masteries.
      For example, if you get an additional 100 IP from your Destiny Board Masteries for swords, using a T6 Sword will give you a 10% additional boost to that Master bonus, for a total bonus of 110 IP.

Reason:
      With these bonuses, we would like to make high tier gear more relevant in the open world. And we would also like to encourage high spec players to use higher tier gear. Additionally max spec characters get less value out of T4 gear and are also more incentiveized to use higher tier equpiment. While at the same time, we did not want to put too much psychological pressure on lower spec players to start using high tiers early on. Hence, the impact of the bonuses is tied to the character’s spec level and will only truly kick in once a character is sufficiently advanced.

Cheers,
      Retro
      Now HERE we are talking the same language!

Thanks for this, @Retroman and SBI :)
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Retroman wrote:

Hey, thanks everyone for your feedback in this thread. :)

Adjustment
      • 5% on all T5 items
      • 10% on all T6 items
      • 15% on all T7 items
      • 20% on all T8 items

Reason:

Cheers,
      Retro
      Now HERE we are talking the same language!
      Thanks for this, @Retroman and SBI :)
      YES!!! THIS!
    • Neef wrote:

No more 400/400 t4 users this is great =).
      I mean.. .you still can if you're ganking lowbies... but if you go to zones where someone "is your own match" and runs higher gear, like 6.1, you be at a slight disadvantage in 4.3, let alone 4.1

And also if I bring a 8.1 set as a 400 spec - I can actually clap some tunnel gankers in shitty 4.1 sets. Sounds legit TBH. Much better risk-vs-reward ratios.

INB4 all the F2P 0-spec Claw ganker alts come crying into this thread...
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Neef wrote:

No more 400/400 t4 users this is great =).
      I mean.. .you still can if you're ganking lowbies... but if you go to zones where someone "is your own match" and runs higher gear, like 6.1, you be at a slight disadvantage in 4.3, let alone 4.1
      And also if I bring a 8.1 set as a 400 spec - I can actually clap some tunnel gankers in shitty 4.1 sets. Sounds legit TBH. Much better risk-vs-reward ratios.

INB4 all the F2P 0-spec Claw ganker alts come crying into this thread...
      Yeah i was going to type almost the same thing but I just went with the simple post, But I agree totally.
    • Retroman wrote:

Adjustment

5% on all T5 items

10% on all T6 items

15% on all T7 items

20% on all T8 items

So, if I'm reading this right, if I have 300 IP bonus from mastery, T8 will provide an extra 60 IP over T4, and 30 IP over T6. That seems like a small, but nice, buff for T8.

Will this also apply to gathering gear?
    • Roccandil wrote:

Retroman wrote:

Adjustment

5% on all T5 items

10% on all T6 items

15% on all T7 items

20% on all T8 items
      So, if I'm reading this right, if I have 300 IP bonus from mastery, T8 will provide an extra 60 IP over T4, and 30 IP over T6. That seems like a small, but nice, buff for T8.

Will this also apply to gathering gear?
      60 IP is not that low, Remember overcharge is only 100 IP and look how much that gets used. Its almost like having a whole other weapon line @ level 100. Also am I looking at this wrong or is the 60 IP for each type of gear ? So like +60 for head, +60 for chest, +60 for boots?. Overall this would add up? Or is it +60 to all armor and +60 to weapon? He does say all armor so my guess is just +60 for head+chest+boots+weapon/offhand. Just wondering.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Neef ().

• Neef wrote:

60 IP is not that low, Remember overcharge is only 100 IP and look how much that gets used. Its almost like having a whole other weapon line @ level 100. Also am I looking at this wrong or is the 60 IP for each type of gear ? So like +60 for head, +60 for chest, +60 for boots?. Overall this would add up? Or is it +60 to all armor and +60 to weapon? He does say all armor so my guess is just +60 for head+chest+boots+weapon/offhand. Just wondering.
      +60 to each piece individually. But because average IP is divided by the number of items you are wearing... for your AVG IP its same as just +60 (or +60+60+60+60/4 = +60)

ImaDoki wrote:

Overcharge = 1935+100 = 2035 !!!
      I know you were half joking.... because overcharging Relic 8.3 MP would be absolutely ridiculous... (and still not worth it, if you could get 1935 IP without overcharging it)