Upcoming Item Power Adjustments

• New

They need to add damage reduction in gear. Simple as that.

Example:
      All tiers below are the Equipment levels of the attacker vs someone in T8 Gear.
      Numbers are a total reduction with 4 pieces of EQ (Weapon, Head, Chest, Shoes) equipped. This is similar to the gathering yield with gathering gear.

T7 > 10% Damage Reduction
      T6 > 20% Damage Reduction
      T5 > 30% Damage Reduction
      T4 > 50% Damage Reduction
      T3 > 65% Damage Reduction

Numbers would need to be correctly adjusted by Retroman and SBI, but you get the idea.

This would mean 8 T4 Gankers, could over power one T8 player, but not as easily. Or they could be smart and have 1-2 EQ pieces T5 or T6 to improve their overall damage vs T8. That's all upside, as that means, they'd now be taking more risk, by bringing slightly higher tier'd gear to gank.

Might even take it further and consider a zerg debuff for number of attackers hitting one person. If 8 T4 Gankers start with 50% damage reduction vs a T8 player, they might see a 10% - 30% additional reduction, if more people attack him.
    • New

ImaDoki wrote:

sweatpantboner wrote:

are you going to lower artifact fame per level requirement now that its barely an ip increase?
      Fame artifact is 3x basic gear fame needed because you fame 3 gear at the same time (rune, soul and relic artifact).
      It is not related to the base IP.
      While this might be true, I do think that an adjustment to the progression model needs some consideration. Today, if I were to spend 50 million fame credits, I could get all three non-artifact weapon lines to 100 specialization and each of those weapons would have a +280 IP bonus. If I spent those credits on the artifact line (using tier 4 as the example) instead, then the rune weapon would have +340 (+240 from specialization and +100 from artifact bonus), the soul artifact would have +440, and the relic artifact would have +520.

With the upcoming changes, the rune artifact would be +265 (+240 from specialization and +25 from artifact bonus), the soul artifact would be +290, and the relic would be +315. In this case, the rune artifact is actually sitting at a lower IP bonus and the rune artifact is only a 10 IP improvement. The better use of fame would be to invest in the three non-artifact lines.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Calesvol ().

• New

Undert0w wrote:

Example:
      Numbers are a total reduction with 4 pieces of EQ (Weapon, Head, Chest, Shoes) equipped. This is similar to the gathering yield with gathering gear.

Numbers would need to be correctly adjusted by Retroman and SBI, but you get the idea.

This would mean 8 T4 Gankers, could over power one T8 player, but not as easily. Or they could be smart and have 1-2 EQ pieces T5 or T6 to improve their overall damage vs T8. That's all upside, as that means, they'd now be taking more risk, by bringing slightly higher tier'd gear to gank.

Might even take it further and consider a zerg debuff for number of attackers hitting one person. If 8 T4 Gankers start with 50% damage reduction vs a T8 player, they might see a 10% - 30% additional reduction, if more people attack him.
      It's a good idea but don't think it would work because you will still have the 10 kids who started to play last week to win against a veteran player they just dress better if is a matter of just equipment balance BUT if you put more focus on the masteries (add more levels and xp to level up if necessary) and less focus on the tier creating an huge difference it will change. Anyone in 2 hours of farming can put a tier6.2. But to master a skill requires time and dedication ( definitely remove from the market the tome of insight, it's too easy big alliances have infinite amount of money and can 400 spec a character with only tomes, put the tome personal and not tradable) and next time the weekend ganker kids bump in the wrong person it will be a slaughter house for them. With the same tier a 400 spec vs a 0 spec should slaughter the opponent in a few slashes

The post was edited 1 time, last by hypnoticshadow ().

• New

Stop replying with "great change" without having idea how it will affect the ZvZ and GvG!

It does not matter what you think this change will do for your PvE content it will still have negative impact for anyone trying to step in the End Game and lock that content even harder than it already is.

It's a sad, the majority of this forum does gathering in Yellow and gives feedback about PvP.

I counted 7 useless replies with just "great" nobody going in detail what is so great exactly you have absolutely no idea what kind of impact this change will have on Meta items which are a must have.

This forum is a kind of circle jerk where new accounts upvote each other and people with 1500 posts have 10k fame on the Killboard, cringe.

~ Money Guild paid Operatives

The post was edited 1 time, last by keyfouyr ().

• New

Elsa wrote:

keyfouyr wrote:

Stop replying with "great change" without having idea how it will affect the ZvZ and GvG!
      GvGs are being removed with the next content update; replaced by open-world territory fights. For more information see the Queen Update Introduction DevTalk (07:18)

@Elsa the GvG will become cGvG but it's there to stay. Artifact 3 items from Retroman's table are all hard overpiced meta that's locked away from the most of community...The proposed changes will make the difference between people who want to grt started and self proclaimed top "pros" even greater and not due to skill but because of those changes that will only strenghten the grip of "top" Guilds on the game.

If Developers want lower item prices they have to add more items to the game and rework unplayable non meta items, period.

The post was edited 1 time, last by keyfouyr ().

• New

Undert0w wrote:

Example:

This is just senseless in many ways. Every piece of the gear has its own purpose. The damage u deal depends on ur weapon, ur HP depends on ur armor set and the chest actually gives damage reduction depending on the armor type and its tier.
      Also there is already a damage redution sysem in the game when a player gets damage from different sources at once.
    • New

keyfouyr wrote:

Elsa wrote:

keyfouyr wrote:

GvGs are being removed with the next content update; replaced by open-world territory fights. For more information see the Queen Update Introduction DevTalk (07:18)
      @Elsa the GvG will become cGvG but it's there to stay. Artifact 3 items from Retroman's table are all hard overpiced meta that's locked away from the most of community...The proposed changes will make the difference between people who want to grt started and self proclaimed top "pros" even greater and not due to skill but because of those changes that will only strenghten the grip of "top" Guilds on the game.
      If Developers want lower item prices they have to add more items to the game and rework unplayable non meta items, period.
      cGvG will have a hard cap based on level.
    • New

The biggest problem is that change scares people, They become paniced that it will be soo much worse or even the other way around so much better.The main thing is the system needs to be tested before "real" feelback can be given as we really don't know forsure if this change is really bad or good. I would say we need to give the feelback we can on artifact costs and high end prices then they can tweak the system test it then we will know more. No reason to panic or cry saying your going to quit because lets be real we really don't know if this system will be better for the game or worse all theses gankers crying might have a chance to loot some decent gear and thats a bad thing? Everything changes learn to accept it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().

• New

What is "end game" content even in this game? Running around in a hoard of 100 people doing content that takes 5 people to accomplish? That is what you will be looking at after the Queen update! How did so many players get to the point where they found/find it fun to just stampede around in these zergs? Do you actually find the lag fest lopsided fights fun? They certainly are not rewarding on a per player basis. I actually give these zerg leaders props that they somehow brain washed so many players to just follow them around with this type of content.
    • New

Tabor wrote:

What is "end game" content even in this game? Running around in a hoard of 100 people doing content that takes 5 people to accomplish? That is what you will be looking at after the Queen update! How did so many players get to the point where they found/find it fun to just stampede around in these zergs? Do you actually find the lag fest lopsided fights fun? They certainly are not rewarding on a per player basis. I actually give these zerg leaders props that they somehow brain washed so many players to just follow them around with this type of content.

I came in with F2P, and I like zvz content for the following reasons:
      • The objective often has a long-term impact: the more geopolitical, the better! :)
      • It is (was) inclusive of many players, unlike GvGs
      • Successful combat requires cohesion and discipline
      • Playing side-by-side with that many people has a fun all its own
      • It provides goals: getting high spec in specific gear, stocking up on that gear, finding ways to support the logistics through crafting/gathering, etc.
      To me, the downside of zvz is not size, but simply its current orientation around realmgates (which, all the same, drastically inflates zerg size!). Once Queen hits, and we can realistically base zergs in the Outlands, I expect to enjoy zerging even more. :)
    • New

hypnoticshadow wrote:

BearGroug wrote:

I been asking for this since i started playing because i hated T4 gankers and really if im using t8 with max spec and they have t4 max spec i should be able to whipe the floor with them I am happy stuck around btw if you are ARCH I TOLD YOU SPEC WINS the Game..
      The point is that you will still die to t4.1 claws because in Albion at the actual state numbers and mega alliances with infinite amount of money count more than everything else. If for some reason cant kill you you will find them with your same tier gear and still kill you

you must be new look youtube.com/watch?v=YBArKcqjrxI if i just over charged id kill some and live i just forgot to also if i had higher ter gear id win now think about it like this if this new ip was there and i had my 8.1 vs all them id win im 1600 spec in almost everthing i play soon to be
    • New

BearGroug wrote:

hypnoticshadow wrote:

BearGroug wrote:

I been asking for this since i started playing because i hated T4 gankers and really if im using t8 with max spec and they have t4 max spec i should be able to whipe the floor with them I am happy stuck around btw if you are ARCH I TOLD YOU SPEC WINS the Game..
      The point is that you will still die to t4.1 claws because in Albion at the actual state numbers and mega alliances with infinite amount of money count more than everything else. If for some reason cant kill you you will find them with your same tier gear and still kill you
      you must be new look youtube.com/watch?v=YBArKcqjrxI if i just over charged id kill some and live i just forgot to also if i had higher ter gear id win now think about it like this if this new ip was there and i had my 8.1 vs all them id win im 1600 spec in almost everthing i play soon to be
      Is it true you're also 99-1 in IRL fights?
    • New

BearGroug wrote:

hypnoticshadow wrote:

BearGroug wrote:

You have still to learn a lot do less dungeons and fight more and watch less youtubers.
    • New

Snowballing + power projection will be increased..

How does this fit to the ton of IP hard and soft caps?

On one hand u implemented a lot of IP caps in order to stop snowball and make the game skill based, now u increase IP projection...

This does not make any sense to me...

Then your Mod in this thread states, GVG are getting removed, so don't worry, while I felt u try to say..GvG and non zerg is still relevant by crystall...

Do you all share a common vision and future for the game? And is the team alligned?

All the things happening, all the weapon balancing which is in my eyes the worse patches since start of game are all going in a strange direction..

It feels like you get consulted by someone that has an agenda that is not aligned with long-term game goals..or someone lost grip to the game..

Removal of GvG, complete rechange of snowballing, map completely rework, all looks like you are changing the game in general and not tweaking it...making it different, but for me ..not better..

Game still has a niche for me, that's why I still here, but I am getting less and less sweatspot what I like to do...