Upcoming Item Power Adjustments

• New

After thinking for a bit, i noticed some really bad things related to this...

Good and bad things:

1 - Basic gear (non artifact) is still the same thing up to T6.0, and gets stronger after 6.1/7.0. Amazing thing, as the meta is mostly dominated by artifact stuff.

2 - Artifact Got nerfed up to 5.2/7.0, getting stronger after 5.3/8.0. Bad thing. Artifacts gets WAY more expensive as tier increase. We will notice a tendency of 5.3/6.2 usage based on this, since T7 and T8 artifacts will just not be worth it. Before tier was important as enchanting artifact gave little return. Considering how rare T7~8 artifacts are, i doubt the price decrease based on demand will be enough to cover this.

3 - Every extra enchantment / tier works like adding Masterpiece quality to the item, further devaluing crafters. TERRIBLE thing. Considering how hard it is to get Masterpieces

4 - Overcharge devaluating, but not a lot. Neutral thing, as i don't think overcharge is a bad thing and will still be widely used.

I'll update this post as i think more about it.
    • New

keyfouyr wrote:

MEATCUP wrote:

I still think this isn't gonna work, but I am excited some changes were made. Don't knock it till you try it, right?
      WRONG *Trump Picture*

those changes make it non viable for players to run budget gear and buffs the Guilds who are killing this game. Terrible changes reconsider unless the goal is to drop the actual players.
      Strong/Rich getting Stronger/Richer.... not sure why SBI wants to push that agenda but maybe they have their reasons?
    • New

GluttonySDS wrote:

Im confused -- were people not wearing out good gear before or is the goal to force people to swipe credit card to buy better gear? I hate dying to 8 4.1 claw gankers as much as the next person but I worry about how this will allow the high end players to steamroll a little bit easier.
      As far as I can tell, 6.2 stills equals 8.0 (at least for non-arti gear). This means the advantage of T8 is its possible enchantment power, mainly .3 (since nothing else can match that), and that gear is expensive (even now, before the buff).

The additional IP at 8.3 appears to be 160-163, which is a lot, but even so, how much difference will that make against those eight 4.1 claw gankers?

I do wonder how many more players will bring 8.3 to the open world.
    • New

Roccandil wrote:

GluttonySDS wrote:

Im confused -- were people not wearing out good gear before or is the goal to force people to swipe credit card to buy better gear? I hate dying to 8 4.1 claw gankers as much as the next person but I worry about how this will allow the high end players to steamroll a little bit easier.
      As far as I can tell, 6.2 stills equals 8.0 (at least for non-arti gear). This means the advantage of T8 is its possible enchantment power, mainly .3 (since nothing else can match that), and that gear is expensive (even now, before the buff).
      The additional IP at 8.3 appears to be 160-163, which is a lot, but even so, how much difference will that make against those eight 4.1 claw gankers?

Which is why I asked -- what problem are they trying to fix? Possibly getting people to use high end gear (8.2 8.3) more since GvGs are going away?
    • New

GluttonySDS wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

GluttonySDS wrote:

As far as I can tell, 6.2 stills equals 8.0 (at least for non-arti gear). This means the advantage of T8 is its possible enchantment power, mainly .3 (since nothing else can match that), and that gear is expensive (even now, before the buff).The additional IP at 8.3 appears to be 160-163, which is a lot, but even so, how much difference will that make against those eight 4.1 claw gankers?

Which is why I asked -- what problem are they trying to fix? Possibly getting people to use high end gear (8.2 8.3) more since GvGs are going away?

Yes, I believe the idea is to make higher tier gear more attractive.
    • New

High tier gear should be more attractive but in the current state people do not bother with it because of the imbalanced risk/reward. High tier SHOULD provide a sizable benefit. Newer players still have several areas to compete being a substantial amount of content is IP capped. Along with this remove the overcharge feature please.
    • New

GluttonySDS wrote:

Strong/Rich getting Stronger/Richer.... not sure why SBI wants to push that agenda but maybe they have their reasons?

I'm sympathetic to newer players, but in this case, the change seems reasonable:

- It's very easy to unlock T5/T6 gear
      - 5.3 and 6.2 are equal to 8.0, and aren't terribly expensive, and 6.3 is equal to 8.1
      - The only real gear advantage a rich guild can have is 8.2 or 8.3
      - That gear is very expensive now, and will likely get more expensive
      - The risk/reward of using that gear thus seems reasonable: 200 IP or so gear advantage at an additional cost of millions (if not tens of millions)

I didn't mention artifact gear specifically, but I think it follows much the same course.
    • New

Did they check the prices and drop rates of Artifact t8 before this?
      How do they want small guilds to compete vs mega guilds if they are still increasing the gap with this changes, only mega guilds can affort a 8.1 judicator armor and overcharge it over and over.
      Wanna check futures updates on crystals gvgs and ip caps on queen update
    • New

baibiscuit wrote:

How do they want small guilds to compete vs mega guilds if they are still increasing the gap with this changes, only mega guilds can affort a 8.1 judicator armor and overcharge it over and over.
      Wait, what? Are you sure you are reading the same post I am?
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • New

Piddle wrote:

baibiscuit wrote:

Wait, what? Are you sure you are reading the same post I am?
      There comes an army of people with 1000+ posts to say "amazing, great etc." and kill all proper feedback