Guardian Helms Needs Revamp

    • Idebenn wrote:

      OotOot wrote:

      I consider curse to be OP and it's only kept in check by guardian helmet
      Are we playing the same game? By curse do you mean specifically Death Curse or the whole branch? The helm is basically a win button against warlocks.
      Force field knockout on cloth helms is basically a win button against 1h dagger
      While 1h curse has 50% shorter E cooldown compared to 1h dagger E
      Why dagger players don’t cry about it?
      Maybe try to play wisely and find the way to counter?
    • While I do not agree the guardian is a win button against curse I also think Kheeta's stance on curse is OP without it is also over blown. Life curse is only used for PvE bosses. Many 5s teams do not even bother using a guardian helm switch vs demonic/great curse because it is fairly easy to play around them without it. Guardian helm is a problem because it is extremely unbalanced to curse in 2s and solo play. The curse essentially has to win the fight twice or in other words playing with 1 arm tied behind their back. The problems with guardian is it does to much without requiring any sort of skill to use properly. You ALWAYS get utility from it where almost all other defensives require proper timing to be effective and if they are misused provide 0 benefit.
    • Tabor wrote:

      While I do not agree the guardian is a win button against curse I also think Kheeta's stance on curse is OP without it is also over blown. Life curse is only used for PvE bosses. Many 5s teams do not even bother using a guardian helm switch vs demonic/great curse because it is fairly easy to play around them without it. Guardian helm is a problem because it is extremely unbalanced to curse in 2s and solo play. The curse essentially has to win the fight twice or in other words playing with 1 arm tied behind their back. The problems with guardian is it does to much without requiring any sort of skill to use properly. You ALWAYS get utility from it where almost all other defensives require proper timing to be effective and if they are misused provide 0 benefit.
      The reason why 5s teams don't run guardian is because there is no space for it. Graveguard helm is too good of a choice for most healers compared to what guardian helm offers, it also can't be played on anyone else because that would result in the healer getting healing sickness which is not worth it over a simple dot removal. Also you say it's "easy to play around", but the thing with dot comps is that if you don't start winning a fight after a certain point you simply lose because of curse doing some much pressure across the whole team that the healer won't be able to keep up. That is why top players use dive because it will always play well in to dot comps if executed well and you can also win against other dive comps if your team is better.

      Idebenn wrote:

      OotOot wrote:

      I consider curse to be OP and it's only kept in check by guardian helmet
      Are we playing the same game? By curse do you mean specifically Death Curse or the whole branch? The helm is basically a win button against warlocks.
      Listen, it's not a win button, guardian is 30sec coolddown which is plenty of time to stack your q again and do a lot of damage. Like look at normal bow, it gets super hard countered by a purge, and that is a literal hard-counter because normal bow gets heavily out-damaged with the e and yet I don't see bow users complain. As a curse you stack your stacks and don't use your e, they will need to purge at some point and that is when you stack someone up and use your e when they don't have a defense in the case of one handed curse.

      The reason guardian helm is so widely popular is because when you are going against someone to defeat them you only care about two things, damage output and survival ability. Now i hear you ask, what about mobility and I still categorize that as survival ability as that reduces the damage you take overall, if the enemy can't hit you then you survive for longer. Anyway, if you look at survival ability, especially in the helmet slot you only see skills that are either offensive in nature such as hunter hood or mage cowl or defensive helmets that work under the condition that you are already taking damage or are in combat for example cleric cowl or scholar cowl, where guardian helmet stands out is that it provides you with in-combat and out of combat usability which no other helmet provides if you think about it.
      On top of it's uniqueness among other helmet choices, healing in general is super scarce, the only options you have are all in the chest slots and then you only have 3 options which are mercenary jacket(bad), hellion jacket(better against groups) and cultist robe(very good).

      So ye guardian helmet is not only a good option but it's the a helmet in a category of it's own and nothing can offer what it can offer.
    • Tabor wrote:

      While I do not agree the guardian is a win button against curse I also think Kheeta's stance on curse is OP without it is also over blown. Life curse is only used for PvE bosses. Many 5s teams do not even bother using a guardian helm switch vs demonic/great curse because it is fairly easy to play around them without it. Guardian helm is a problem because it is extremely unbalanced to curse in 2s and solo play. The curse essentially has to win the fight twice or in other words playing with 1 arm tied behind their back. The problems with guardian is it does to much without requiring any sort of skill to use properly. You ALWAYS get utility from it where almost all other defensives require proper timing to be effective and if they are misused provide 0 benefit.
      I’ll repeat
      Guardian helm just need to be non-aoe
      To prevent 2dps-forever sustainable hg builds
      About 1v1:
      There are plenty of items that hard counter opponents
      That’s not guard helm issue- that’s just global 1v1 balance issue
      Guardian helm
      Mage robe
      Cultist robe
      Demon boots
      Etc etc
      The list of items witch counters some builds 1v1 is huge
      I’ll give you one example:
      Ambush , reflect, slow, mobility = win buttons vs 1h dagger
      Why I’m (1h dagger player) not crying about fighting warbow/assassin chest/hunters hood/frost shot?
      That’s literally unkillable for me but I understand that some other guy would kill it pretty easy
      THATS a balance like rock-scissors-paper
      You’ll never create the game where every character would be balanced vs ANY enemy
    • kheeta wrote:

      Tabor wrote:

      While I do not agree the guardian is a win button against curse I also think Kheeta's stance on curse is OP without it is also over blown. Life curse is only used for PvE bosses. Many 5s teams do not even bother using a guardian helm switch vs demonic/great curse because it is fairly easy to play around them without it. Guardian helm is a problem because it is extremely unbalanced to curse in 2s and solo play. The curse essentially has to win the fight twice or in other words playing with 1 arm tied behind their back. The problems with guardian is it does to much without requiring any sort of skill to use properly. You ALWAYS get utility from it where almost all other defensives require proper timing to be effective and if they are misused provide 0 benefit.
      I’ll repeatGuardian helm just need to be non-aoe
      To prevent 2dps-forever sustainable hg builds
      About 1v1:
      There are plenty of items that hard counter opponents
      That’s not guard helm issue- that’s just global 1v1 balance issue
      Guardian helm
      Mage robe
      Cultist robe
      Demon boots
      Etc etc
      The list of items witch counters some builds 1v1 is huge
      I’ll give you one example:
      Ambush , reflect, slow, mobility = win buttons vs 1h dagger
      Why I’m (1h dagger player) not crying about fighting warbow/assassin chest/hunters hood/frost shot?
      That’s literally unkillable for me but I understand that some other guy would kill it pretty easy
      THATS a balance like rock-scissors-paper
      You’ll never create the game where every character would be balanced vs ANY enemy
      I think none disagree, question is, why it is not in patch notes..