Guardian Helms Needs Revamp

• Owlsane wrote:

Akhenaden wrote:

If you remove the purification from that helmet, it will be impossible to stop the Cursed with 1 hand.
      Cleric robeCleric cowl
      Soldier helm
      Gig potion

Parry strike (swords)
      Charge (claymore)
      Shadow edge (dagger)

But like i've said before i rather agree to change Q dot's to be unpurgeable watsoever for adding depth to curse staff than removing dot purge in guardian helm.
      dodge roll, E of lifetouch, Merc helmet...
    • Owlsane wrote:

Akhenaden wrote:

If you remove the purification from that helmet, it will be impossible to stop the Cursed with 1 hand.
      Cleric robeCleric cowl
      Soldier helm
      Gig potion

Parry strike (swords)
      Charge (claymore)
      Shadow edge (dagger)

But like i've said before i rather agree to change Q dot's to be unpurgeable watsoever for adding depth to curse staff than removing dot purge in guardian helm.
      Yes improving (not buff per se) the weapon skill should come first before the nerf of an armor. Always improving the skill of a weapon would offer more deep play and combinations rather than a CD increase of a helmet. Unused skills just need a small edge not really a number value change.

Like they did for black monk staff, they identified a problem, removed a constraint and re-introduced a whole weapon into the game.

Small tweaks SBI, small tweaks!
    • Akhen a common response I see from people is guardian helm is used to counter 1h curse. While people obviously do now use it for that since it is available I also need to reminder people often that 1h curse already has a shit ton of counter excluding the guardian helm. These pieces of gear have just gone to the garbage bin and are not used by anyone since the Devs gave them the super powered guardian helm to use that not only counters curse but offers a giant heal on top of that every 30 seconds. Items below are what could still be available to counter 1h curse bomb if guardian helmet was fixed.

Cleric cowl helmet, soldier helmet, mercenary hood, cleric robe, assassin and royal shoes. Every gear slot would still be available to utilize as a counter to bomb so players could still have build variety. For that reason I feel the amount and availability of counters was already in a good spot BEFORE they also added guardian helm. On a side note for those that have played long enough they ironically added guardian helm to counter the infernal staff craze period and accidentally fucked small scale curse in the process without realizing.
    • The CD is too low for one for what it offers, it allows for UNREAL sustain in fights and you'd be stupid not to run it at this point. The fact that there are few better helms out there to run besides certain Artifacts is laughable.

Increase the CD to 1m from 30s. Curse can outlast that time and simply reapply the curses/death bomb and win the fight if they play smart. The cd is just far too low for what the ability offers.
    • @Retroman I love seeing the more frequent combat updates over the past few weeks. Please consider reviewing the guardian helm it is busted. If you feel there needs to be a full DoT removal helm in game at least consider removing the additional heal component (or at least making it a flat 10% instead). Also it should be single target only. As the helmet stands it is one of the most powerful no skill involved defensives available for use in the game.
    • Tabor wrote:

@Retroman I love seeing the more frequent combat updates over the past few weeks. Please consider reviewing the guardian helm it is busted. If you feel there needs to be a full DoT removal helm in game at least consider removing the additional heal component (or at least making it a flat 10% instead). Also it should be single target only. As the helmet stands it is one of the most powerful no skill involved defensives available for use in the gameOnly
      single target - that’s the one fix is needed
      All other reviews would kill the item totally
    • One "fix" would be so it grants a shields instead of healing.
      This will remove the option of sustain when running away and will instead have to be used when taking damage. In a fight it will have the same effect but if you are running away and not taking damage it will be useless.
      A side effect of this change will be that it won't give healers the sickness debuff when used by like a bruiser.
      It will also become an option to use it before a fight to soak up initial damage.

I don't think nerfing guardian helmet is a good thing though for one reason, curse. I consider curse to be OP and it's only kept in check by guardian helmet existing and being a good option for almost any build. Sure you can nerf guardian but then you need to nerf curse or introduce something to counter it.
    • OotOot wrote:

One "fix" would be so it grants a shields instead of healing.
      This will remove the option of sustain when running away and will instead have to be used when taking damage. In a fight it will have the same effect but if you are running away and not taking damage it will be useless.
      A side effect of this change will be that it won't give healers the sickness debuff when used by like a bruiser.
      It will also become an option to use it before a fight to soak up initial damage.

I don't think nerfing guardian helmet is a good thing though for one reason, curse. I consider curse to be OP and it's only kept in check by guardian helmet existing and being a good option for almost any build. Sure you can nerf guardian but then you need to nerf curse or introduce something to counter it.
      shield sounds good
      avoidance of healing sickness is a neat sideffect

shield with few seconds duration will still be better vs "predetermined" damage than sudden burst like carving (u could just refresh stacks instead of bursting asap)
      but on average it will feel more fair i think.
      also as u stated it would weaken reset playstyles

u thought about a shield with a fixed or scaling amount or a percentage based approach (like reduce incoming damage by 70% for 3s)? the latter would be like the generic plate helmet skill though
      so a fixed or (hp?) scaling amount ...

im not saying its fair to curse but an improvement from damage avoidance + heal to only damage avoidance ...
      >>we still dont have a helmet "avoid next enemies E skill"<<