Percival Patch 11 is Here

• Percival Patch 11 is Here

New

Today's patch brings numerous combat balance changes, updates to the zerg debuff, and other changes. Read more here: albiononline.com/en/news/percival-patch-11-is-here
      Read the official patchnotes here: forum.albiononline.com/index.p…er-2019-Percival-Patch-11
    • New

Extra wrote:

2nd
      Why kill swords?
      Iron Will is fixed for pvp - this is good
      Please add back aoe silence/stun/interrupt to Parry Strike, so that tanking will be fun again.
      please learn some skills so that you don't have to play with a braindead weapon...

and you can still tank with a sword lmao - no other weapon gets a silence AOE (except maces) and they all can tank perfectly fine.
    • New

Captainrussia wrote:

Extra wrote:

2nd
      Why kill swords?
      Please add back aoe silence/stun/interrupt to Parry Strike, so that tanking will be fun again.
      please learn some skills so that you don't have to play with a braindead weapon...
      and you can still tank with a sword lmao - no other weapon gets a silence AOE (except maces) and they all can tank perfectly fine.
      This change has alot of mixed singles. They say they balance for large scale pvp more than anything, however no parry has ever sealed the deal of any zvz. So it's clearly not nerfed for that reason.

The strenght of parry was 2 things the first the reflect, but this only is good in 2 different ways. Random chance of getting lucky reflecting an instant cast, and very strong against any attacks that are telegraphed many fire Staffs, crossbows, and some axes.

The second strenght was the silence, which in truth outside of Claymore or Broad sword which utilized the silence to follow up with an E to make sure it lands this was only ever good as an intrupt. The Cc was to brief, but could deal with channels very well. Which is needed because you let a fill channel of anything hit you the whole time or let a Cultist go off with having physical damage and no Cultist yourself you simply lose in not just 1v1, just any small scale combat where you dont constantly have a tank on the backline.

The nerfed parry on account people being to stupid to play against it. Ways to pay around it are as followed.

1. Iceblock
      2. Block from solder
      3 Cleric Robes
      4. Any stun or knockup expect grove keeper for some reason.
      5. Simply walking away from the parry and not standing directly on top of them. They can't move durning the animation, just start moving away when they start their animation.

All that being said I support removing silence on parry, but to make it just an intrupt. I personally rather see them setup something like this

.8 second damage immunity with 50% reflect
      Intrupt on the swing
      12 second cooldown or possbily stay at 15

Assuming we are not dealing with cooldown a 15 second reflect could fuck over nearly all telegraphed channeled skills everytime.

I think swords should be strong on the first rotation of skill, but lack on the second rotation based on cooldown. However you take away silence on parry than just throw literally all Artifact swords away, because they are left worthless.

Parry wasn't used just because it was a good skill, but because all the other sword skills are fucking garbage and/or bugged.

Axes that dont have intrupt have a shit ton more damage on top of lower cooldowns and the 50% movement speed makes them better. You can literally run giant boots the 50% movement speed on the w and chase down a Bloodletter. Not to mention it's on a 20s cooldown 15s if you build cooldown.

There are alot of points to be made out of this, but the most important one to make is this change doesn't even address or help the player base that bitches about this skill, because it will still kill them if they are to stupid to walk away from it and throw there burst at it.

Fuck best skill against parry is parry.
      I'm just a nub, the nub of nubs. ;( ;( ;(
    • New

Extra wrote:

2nd
      Why kill swords?
      Iorn will is fucking garbage if they increase the move speed to at least 40% atleast 30% I would take it for that. Or if they give it displacment immunity than it would be worth a damn to kill rats and not get raped by wind wall and fire wall.
      I'm just a nub, the nub of nubs. ;( ;( ;(