[29. November 2019] Percival Patch 11

• [29. November 2019] Percival Patch 11

New

Percival Patch 11 - Ver. 1.15.389 / REV 155349 - 29 November 2019

Uncle Frost is Back

Group and solo Randomized Keeper Dungeons in T4-T8 zones have a chance to end in a special Yuletide Dungeon, where you'll face off against none other than Uncle Frost himself. Defeat this mysterious Yuletide foe for a rare chance to claim the Yule Stag Mount Skin and other festive loot!

New Avatar Available

A new Adventurer Avatar is now available at the Vanity Merchant for 3 Adventurer Tokens, which are obtainable by trading in unclaimed or already owned Adventurer's Challenge Avatar Rings. The Adventurer Avatar Ring is also available for 2 Adventurer Tokens. Visit the Vanity Merchant to check them out!

Avalonian Mob Changes
      • The Avalon Archer's Hitpoints have been increased by 50% and her Fame has been reduced by 33%
      • After extensive fasting and meditation, the Avalonian Acolyte's "Incense" spell has grown stronger
      Combat Balance Changes
      Disarray (AKA Zerg Debuff)
      Arcane Staffs
      • Arcane Protection (all Arcane Staffs):
        • Duration: 4s → 2s
        • Shield Strength: 169.59 → 300.00
      Axes
      • Rending Bleed (all Axes):
        • Now multiple players can stack the bleed on the same target
      • Axe Bleed (all Axes)
        • Healing Reduction per stack: 5% → 4%
        • Damage per Tick: 5.2 → 5.4
      Crossbows
      • Exploding Bolt (all Crossbows):
        • Damage: 102.73 → 130.00
        • Hit Delay: 0.4s → 0.2s
        • Standtime: 0.4s→ 0.3s
      Hammers
      • Giant Steps (Forge Hammers):
        • Physical Resistance: 0.59 → 0.35
      Holy Staffs
      • Sacred Pulse (all Holy Staffs):
        • Knockback Distance: 8m → 12m
        • Cooldown: 10s → 8s
      • Flash Heal (all Holy Staffs):
        • Max Stacks: 2 → 3
        • Healing a target on Max Stacks don't give energy anymore
        • Instead Max Stacks triggers an AoE Heal on the target; healing up to 5 allies for 50 in a 5m radius
        • Base Heal: 48 → 45
      Nature Staffs
      • Thorns (all Nature Staffs):
        • Getting hit by enemy players no longer consumes Thorns stacks
      • Spiritual Seed (Druid Staff):
        • Cooldown: 20s → 25s
      Swords
      • Iron Will (all Swords):
        • Now directly applies a Heroic Charge on you
      • Parry Strike (all Swords):
        • No longer silences enemies
      • Spinning Blades (Dual Swords):
        • Max Health Debuff now only affects unmounted players
      • Soulless Stream (Galatine Pair):
        • Cast Time: 0.9s → 1.1s
      Shoes
      • Focused Run (Scholar Shoes):
        • Movement Speed Increase: 100% → 70%
      • Mark of Sacrifice (Hellion Shoes):
        • Cast Range: 15m → 12m
      Mounts
      • Pierce Through (Siege Ballista):
        • Cooldown: 10s → 20s
        • Damage vs Mounts: 3% → 5%
        • Damage vs Players: 1.5% → 2%
      Miscellaneous
      • Healing Sickness Debuff duration: 2s → 5s
      Fixes
      • Zerg debuffs no longer apply to active GvG participants, regardless of how many allies are in the cluster
      • Updated the Guild Season reward brackets listed in the Rankings UI to display their correct values:
        • Crystal: 180,000 points
        • Gold: 60,000 points
        • Silver: 15,000 points
        • Bronze: 3,500 points
        • Iron: 1,000 points
      • T6 Morgana mobs that snuck into T4 dungeons have been kicked out
      • Fixed an issue where farm buildings could not be demolished after picking up a grown crop or animal
      • Time Freeze (Great Arcane Staff): stun and invincibility now have the same duration, as intended
      • Additional numerous visual, animation, audio, terrain, and localization fixes
    • New

PrintsKaspian wrote:

New Avatar Available
      A new Adventurer Avatar is now available at the Vanity Merchant for 3 Adventurer Tokens, which are obtainable by trading in unclaimed or already owned Adventurer's Challenge Avatar Rings. The Adventurer Avatar Ring is also available for 2 Adventurer Tokens. Visit the Vanity Merchant to check them out!
      Im guessing the new avatar/ring are non-tradable?
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • New

Avalonian Mob Changes
      • The Avalon Archer's Hitpoints have been increased by 50% and her Fame has been reduced by 33%
      • After extensive fasting and meditation, the Avalonian Acolyte's "Incense" spell has grown stronger
      People already got millions of fame from this mob and when the newbies started that you are debuffing the archers it is unfair.
      There was a way to get some fame from open world and you guys killed it , shame.
    • New

TheNoldor wrote:

Avalonian Mob Changes
      People already got millions of fame from this mob and when the newbies started that you are debuffing the archers it is unfair.
      There was a way to get some fame from open world and you guys killed it , shame.
      duo it
    • New

Hey Devs, out of 10 changes 2 are positive... Rest is nerf, nerf, nerf...
      How about instead of nerfing everything give a bit more to other items... I mean look at the boots... you made Graveguard obsolete now you make scholar sandals obsolete... if you don´t want people to run from fights or into fights why not remove the run from the boots and let everyone snail around the map...

I forgot to mention... this mages stuff... I think just giving it more 30% health and the new abilities would have been enough...

Another thing, the prices of the auto respect are ridiculous and to be honest this is only hurting people who are start playing this game...

The post was edited 1 time, last by kindered ().

• New

kindered wrote:

How about instead of nerfing everything give a bit more to other items... I mean look at the boots... you made Graveguard obsolete now you make scholar sandals obsolete... if you don´t want people to run from fights or into fights why not remove the run from the boots and let everyone snail around the map...

I forgot to mention... this mages stuff... I think just giving it more 30% health and the new abilities would have been enough...

Another thing, the prices of the auto respect are ridiculous and to be honest this is only hurting people who are start playing this game...
      Every patch and change they make is more or less for the better of the game and its community, keeping a game like this balanced is an extremely difficult, tedious and hard thing to do
    • New

Pells wrote:

kindered wrote:

Every patch and change they make is more or less for the better of the game and its community, keeping a game like this balanced is an extremely difficult, tedious and hard thing to do

The balancing isn't the problem, it's the process:

- Player finds something good
      - Player builds spec in that gear
      - SBI nerfs that gear
      - Player is stuck with spec now perceived useless
      - Player isn't given the option to freely respec (and paying for respec is like paying to be punished)
      - Player throws up hands, and says, "why am I doing this?"
      - Player is given a distinct mental opportunity to leave the game

Every time SBI does a nerf, SBI is discouraging players from playing, and leaving a bad taste in player's mouths. That's a bad business process! If nothing else, I would allow free respecs every rebalance; that would be good customer service.

And If that seems OP, then I would balance the rebalancing itself. ;) Perhaps discipline the balancing process to be rarer and more thorough: not this steady drip-drip of nerfs and meta changes.
    • New

Solo archer killing was by far the most op fame farm in the game. If you mess up then you die in a 2mil set, personally I enjoyed the thrill of that high risk.

While I famed tens of millions from following the method while it lasted, I'm ok with the mega nerf. That is because I was on vacation for fame week and archer week 1, and I managed to do ok in total fame in the 2 weeks after while holding down a fulltime job.

For that reason, I don't like the idea that people can super farm 2mil/hour solo during the week while I'm jammed up for 50 hours (factoring the commute). Therefore I am ok with burning that ladder so nobody else can get the full benefit of archer killing as I (and many others) already did.

Although it is sad and I would've liked it to go on for another few rounds, there you have it. Nerfed into the ground, never to be pursued as content again by anyone who plays this game, not possible to solo, and not worthwhile to duo (only 86k div 2 per archer kill + long distance big knock back & silence.
    • New

kindered wrote:

This argument always makes me chuckle. How are "people who start playing the game" have any use for auto-respec? They shouldn't even have any skills at 100/100...

BalorXI wrote:

Solo archer killing was by far the most op fame farm in the game. If you mess up then you die in a 2mil set, personally I enjoyed the thrill of that high risk.
      ^ This. Thats why it felt balance and hunting solo people who were doing the archers was very lucrative. Even more so then hunting T8 gatherers. And T8 gatherers are much harder to catch (they have plenty of escape abilities)

BalorXI wrote:

Although it is sad and I would've liked it to go on for another few rounds, there you have it. Nerfed into the ground, never to be pursued as content again by anyone who plays this game, not possible to solo, and not worthwhile to duo (only 86k div 2 per archer kill + long distance big knock back & silence.
      44k per person (2 man) is like what... 700k/hr? Comparable to doing T6 Solo Random Dungeons - but with no loot. Still kind of worth it, but not really... more of a "if you see one in a 5 man group - sure go ahead and kill it" but not worth to going out and hunt for specifically.

The price of Avalonian Energies will now skyrocket as nobody will be doing them. Maybe price skyrocketing will kind of make it "worth it" to balance out costs of respec.
    • New

Captainrussia wrote:

This argument always makes me chuckle. How are "people who start playing the game" have any use for auto-respec? They shouldn't even have any skills at 100/100...
      When a new player is ramping up, doing ff, the first time you hit 100 in a Mastery (which is not hard) you start feeling the Auto-respec draining you money. When you hit your first 100 I am almost sure that, if you are not doing Hellgates, and only farm RDGs that your pockets are not as deep to cover Auto respect + Premium.
      At least they should consider raising the silver dropped in RDGs. Meaning before this adjustment Silver + RDGs Drops usually would break you even with the Silver spent in Auto-respec. Now it´s only draining money.
    • New

kindered wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

When a new player is ramping up, doing ff, the first time you hit 100 in a Mastery (which is not hard) you start feeling the Auto-respec draining you money. When you hit your first 100 I am almost sure that, if you are not doing Hellgates, and only farm RDGs that your pockets are not as deep to cover Auto respect + Premium.At least they should consider raising the silver dropped in RDGs. Meaning before this adjustment Silver + RDGs Drops usually would break you even with the Silver spent in Auto-respec. Now it´s only draining money.
      The loot u get when farming fame should be enough to pay the cost of the auto respect and if for any reason ur economy doesnt allow u to pay for it just dont use it.
    • New

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Avalonian Mob Changes

So you gave people one more good way to play this game in openworld , as for "farmers" , same as for "hunters". Risk was really high , and now you are taking away this opportunity. What the hell is going on? Btw i was not even interested in such farm , but giving people one more "good" daily activity - was a good decision , and now its gone.

P.S I just afraid that this in-game activity will be abondoned. In my opinion it should be fixed in a bit opposite way.

I would understand it - IF in next Percival patch you will make something EPIC ,like - random events all over the world , more valuable open world drop/mobs/bosses etc. or more 1Hour chests(or with similar mechanic).

BUT if it would be the same ,only with few more new terrains , new BlackCities and possibility to build outposts - it is epic fail.

Why dont you make synergy with solo/group random dungeons. For example when you end dungeon(clear all mobs and bosses) - you will get fame/silver short buff (Or roaming mobs will be able to generate new kind of drop , like new energy) while hunting ONLY OPEN WORLD ROAMING mobs.
      Balance it a bit , so people would not be able to abuse it. And this is only one idea how make this "synergy"

Add to this world more life.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Equart ().

• New

Equart wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Avalonian Mob Changes

So you gave people one more good way to play this game in openworld , as for "farmers" , same as for "hunters". Risk was really high , and now you are taking away this opportunity. What the hell is going on? Btw i was not even interested in such farm , but giving people one more "good" daily activity - was a good decision , and now its gone.
      P.S I just afraid that this in-game activity will be abondoned. In my opinion it should be fixed in a bit opposite way.

I would understand it - IF in next Percival patch you will make something EPIC ,like - random events all over the world , more valuable open world drop/mobs/bosses etc. or more 1Hour chests(or with similar mechanic).

BUT if it would be the same ,only with few more new terrains , new BlackCities and possibility to build outposts - it is epic fail.

Why dont you make synergy with solo/group random dungeons. For example when you end dungeon(clear all mobs and bosses) - you will get fame/silver short buff (Or roaming mobs will be able to generate new kind of drop , like new energy) while hunting ONLY OPEN WORLD ROAMING mobs.
      Balance it a bit , so people would not be able to abuse it. And this is only one idea how make this "synergy"

Add to this world more life.
      They fixed it because it was not just a new option for fame farming but a better one and therefore people were choosing it over the others and thats not the target. They want to make it equally worth to doing dungeons.