Pinned Server Issues, Black Screen & Can't Login Thread

• Crossguard wrote:

hahahhahahaa COOL STORY BRO.
      The game has a "Are you sure that you want to play? You are waiving your right to refund!?" screen when you first load up and choose to play. Total scam... lol ..............Muh DDOS!
      And then people like you and others spend their time defending them... that's up to their reps... How do you get DDOS now-a-days? Even small private servers for games like ARK, Empyrion and ect have DDOS protection... but Albion can't afford?
      Cmon... Wake up man....
      Don't get me wrong, I do agree they should have. Buuut just maybe they didn't expect their small little niche game to get this much attention and just thought "it'll be fiine. This SoftLayer brochure says it's protected against DDoS attacks, and IBM is pretty big name when it comes to computers" All on all, yeah I do wish they'd planned and designed the system to be more robust. Rule of thumb on anything online is to always assume worst, even more so when money is involved.

And how would they benefit from this behavior in purposes of "scam" in what delusional mind it makes sense to build working game, have it betatested over and over again, show that it actually works. Then launch the game and during first couple weeks fake massive DDoS issues, and shoot themselves on legs on the month that is evidently most money worth month for any MMO (first one, most usually see massive drop in player base after first 30d, if that wasn't clear).

Also when it comes to DDoS, and how to get some. Being on receiving end of DDoS or more likely some form of DNS amplified DDoS (DaDDoS?) is pretty fucking common. When somewhat big shot companies like Sony is brought down to their knees with these kind of attacks, you can guess why relatively small firm with their first (?) game could be bit overwhelmed.

But this being said, I give them benefit of doubt, and only try to mitigate the most white-hot intelligible anger bursts. I can understand why people are angry but we still have to remember that this is only a video game and there are people working (hopefully =) with this. And blind internet rage never improved anything, ever. You can criticize without going into absurd shit flinging, you know :P
    • Crossguard wrote:

SnazzyDrew wrote:

Crossguard wrote:

SnazzyDrew wrote:

Choton wrote:

SnazzyDrew wrote:

Admins are probably working on the problem as we speak. I just wish I could play. I'm loving this game. You can do it devs. I believe in you.
      the FRUSTRATING part is nobody announces anything saying we are wokring on it wherever on twitter whatever we sit like retards who paid for sth.. just a small announcment one paragraph WE ARE CURRENTLY DOING STH would be nice...on the website it says albion is LIVE NOW, are u serious ... cmon if u had uk laws ur website would be put down
      The sky isn't falling. The internet is highly fallible. Please calm yourself and have patience.
      Man has a right to be upset has he paid for a product, which has a time sensitve feature aka 30days premium which is ticking away and no one will do anything to return his wasted time to him... TIME = MONEY
      Man should invest money more wisely. The internet is highly fallible. Interruptions happen. Let them work through these issues. Be upset... but all this rage is so toxicI wanna play too.
      Oh so what you are saying is he did not invest his money wisely? Thank you for agreeing with me that this is an unwise investment due to bad service.
      Internet has nothing to do with this... do you even know what DDOS is?

Also exclamation points and UPERCASE letters do not mean the person is raging that is merely your understanding of the text.
      .... DDoSs are exactly why the anything on the internet is subject to interruption.

Calm down. I know exactly what I'm talking about. Also. I'm back in the game. :)
    • Athan wrote:

Crossguard wrote:

hahahhahahaa COOL STORY BRO.The game has a "Are you sure that you want to play? You are waiving your right to refund!?" screen when you first load up and choose to play. Total scam... lol ..............Muh DDOS!
      And then people like you and others spend their time defending them... that's up to their reps... How do you get DDOS now-a-days? Even small private servers for games like ARK, Empyrion and ect have DDOS protection... but Albion can't afford?
      Cmon... Wake up man....
      Don't get me wrong, I do agree they should have. Buuut just maybe they didn't expect their small little niche game to get this much attention and just thought "it'll be fiine. This SoftLayer brochure says it's protected against DDoS attacks, and IBM is pretty big name when it comes to computers" All on all, yeah I do wish they'd planned and designed the system to be more robust. Rule of thumb on anything online is to always assume worst, even more so when money is involved.
      And how would they benefit from this behavior in purposes of "scam" in what delusional mind it makes sense to build working game, have it betatested over and over again, show that it actually works. Then launch the game and during first couple weeks fake massive DDoS issues, and shoot themselves on legs on the month that is evidently most money worth month for any MMO (first one, most usually see massive drop in player base after first 30d, if that wasn't clear).

Also when it comes to DDoS, and how to get some. Being on receiving end of DDoS or more likely some form of DNS amplified DDoS (DaDDoS?) is pretty fucking common. When somewhat big shot companies like Sony is brought down to their knees with these kind of attacks, you can guess why relatively small firm with their first (?) game could be bit overwhelmed.

But this being said, I give them benefit of doubt, and only try to mitigate the most white-hot intelligible anger bursts. I can understand why people are angry but we still have to remember that this is only a video game and there are people working (hopefully =) with this. And blind internet rage never improved anything, ever. You can criticize without going into absurd shit flinging, you know :P
      No one ever got anything done by being accepting of bad situations. Especially with companies puting their profits first as they should rightly do.

STAY CALM

AND

NOT PLAY

is not an acceptable option for a paying customer sorry. You can be as undestanding as you want to be but they are running a business, if your airline has a problem they compensate you... if your hotel has an issue they compensate you... failure to deliver service is failure not matter what color your paint it...

Services not rendered is a valid chargeback code for a reason.
    • Crossguard wrote:

No one ever got anything done by being accepting of bad situations. Especially with companies puting their profits first as they should rightly do.
      STAY CALM

AND

NOT PLAY

is not an acceptable option for a paying customer sorry. You can be as undestanding as you want to be but they are running a business, if your airline has a problem they compensate you... if your hotel has an issue they compensate you... failure to deliver service is failure not matter what color your paint it...

If you got from my post that "everything is as it should be" or "don't whine", you might want to read that again with though. Nowhere did I say "things are okay enough" nowhere did I say "there is no need for compensation or improvement." What I am saying that we can criticize things without yelling like bonobos.

Yes, we all know there is some serious issues currently, it is pretty fucking obvious if you just try to log in. Or Pete forbid actually play. But I think pointing that out calm and as informatively as possible while keeping an eye out for possible explanations and solution. Is much more helpful than driving ourselves in blind rage.

Also when it comes to charge backs, yeah I do see why they are appealing option right about now. The very next day I activated my premium (my initial plan was to play without it until the game stabilizes, as from past experiences I knew the launch is gonna be helluva feces-tornado. But my guildies were in bit of rush, and the game hadn't been utterly unplayable, so I figured it's stable enough. Sure enough like good proper summoning ritual, the very next day situation got worse and I asked for support to "pause my premium, I mean I could have asked for refund, but at the time I didn't think it was reasonable request. Pausing the premium saving my unspent days to future more bright, would have been enough. But three days later I was informed it's not possible. To this day I regret activating my premium, as I don't feel I'm getting bang for my buck. And this even after my friend reminded me he paid the game when he bought it three times by accident when it was still in beta and gifted a key to me.

But things are as they are and the lolly does not get unlicked by wishing it would. We all live by mistakes we made, and hopefully we learn something in the process.
    • Moroq wrote:

I already think that the downtime is too much for saying "hey yeah it is a fresh release, Sanbox Interactiv has puppies protection for all over the time".

A compensation would be justified – I think a week premium for that is okay.
      Unsure if that's fair. I have 3 users with prem and was unable to log in to handle farms. Lost play time and in game items.. Maybe 2 weeks for each of my 3.
      www.UnitedWorldGamers.org
      https://www.twitch.tv/donaramu Want gold?
      https://www.youtube.com/UwGDonaramu
      UwG is Recruiting Mature & Friendly Gamers!
    • Athan wrote:

Crossguard wrote:

No one ever got anything done by being accepting of bad situations. Especially with companies puting their profits first as they should rightly do.STAY CALM

AND

NOT PLAY

If you got from my post that "everything is as it should be" or "don't whine", you might want to read that again with though. Nowhere did I say "things are okay enough" nowhere did I say "there is no need for compensation or improvement." What I am saying that we can criticize things without yelling like bonobos.
      Yes, we all know there is some serious issues currently, it is pretty fucking obvious if you just try to log in. Or Pete forbid actually play. But I think pointing that out calm and as informatively as possible while keeping an eye out for possible explanations and solution. Is much more helpful than driving ourselves in blind rage.

Also when it comes to charge backs, yeah I do see why they are appealing option right about now. The very next day I activated my premium (my initial plan was to play without it until the game stabilizes, as from past experiences I knew the launch is gonna be helluva feces-tornado. But my guildies were in bit of rush, and the game hadn't been utterly unplayable, so I figured it's stable enough. Sure enough like good proper summoning ritual, the very next day situation got worse and I asked for support to "pause my premium, I mean I could have asked for refund, but at the time I didn't think it was reasonable request. Pausing the premium saving my unspent days to future more bright, would have been enough. But three days later I was informed it's not possible. To this day I regret activating my premium, as I don't feel I'm getting bang for my buck. And this even after my friend reminded me he paid the game when he bought it three times by accident when it was still in beta and gifted a key to me.

But things are as they are and the lolly does not get unlicked by wishing it would. We all live by mistakes we made, and hopefully we learn something in the process.
      Excuse me but many of the people with complaints did nothing wrong... and made no mistakes... if you want to feel like you made a mistake buy activating your premium when they company allows you to do so that is really your problem... you can feel what ever misguided sense of guilt you wish to feel we can't stop you there.

The people complaining bought a product and expected said product to work as advertised.

There is nothing wrong with that as it is well within the lines of business ethics that you deliver what you promised.

If they did not want you to use your premium during a turbulent time they should have put a warning up on the screen like they did when you forsake your right to a refund by playing this currently broken game... if this was any other game other than the launch of an MMO they would have had to give the money back already or face serious lawsuits.

If someone was robbed you don't tell that person... oh well hope your learned your lessons. Normally they try to correct the problem by aprehending the suspect.

Problems in service need to be corrected, it is not left up to the customer to be understanding. You can not complain about the downtime all YOU want, but your need to lecture people on what they should and should not be upset about and how they should express it is exactly what is wrong with society today... you cannot promote free speech and fairness, and then attempt to silence those who think diffirently than you. I am sorry to hear they shat on your requests... but your acceptance of their bad service lies with you, and your conscience.

TLDR

Cool story bro... but people have a right to complain, sorry you complained and got shot down but the rest of us won't stand for it.