Getting back in the game - how to catch up?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Getting back in the game - how to catch up?

Hello, I stopped playing long ago and want to get back in the game.

Any suggestion where I should re-start? At the time I was leveling nature staff and kinda want to continue it. I have access to tier 6 gear but am using t4 at the moment.
      I am interested in group content. My brain is not working correctly today so I just write simple, small sentences - so, sorry about that!

What are the most important steps to take now?

Is it advisable to focus on combat experience and crafting AND gathering at the same time? Should I focus on combat exp and crafting OR gathering?
      Or should I just focus on the combat and just buy gear for myself? -- As far as I remember I was focusing on potion crafting and farming (not ranching at all) on my island.

Tips, tips, tips...give me those tips.
      This game is scary to "jump back to".

Thanks!
    • Welcome back!

This is one of the best times to jump back into the game. Currently with the latest Patch - the Avalonian Invasion (Percival Patch 10) that landed on Nov 13 - you can grind out the same amount of fame that took people months to grind in a couple of days, if not hours (like 10 hrs to get a non-artifact to 100/100 maybe, but will be very tedious and dangerous, if you die - it will greatly slow your progress).

Farming the Avalinian Archers is a great way to catch up on Fame for any players currently getting into the game. I even make a guide about it (but you would need to spec up bow a little):

pheomantis wrote:

Is it advisable to focus on combat experience and crafting AND gathering at the same time?
      Well, this really depends. You could. It depends on you as a person outside of the game.

pheomantis wrote:

Should I focus on combat exp and crafting OR gathering?
      Or should I just focus on the combat and just buy gear for myself? -- As far as I remember I was focusing on potion crafting and farming (not ranching at all) on my island.
      If you have a lot of time to play (4+ hrs) then you can probably do a bit of everything. If under 3 hrs - I'd suggest probably focusing on combat fame. A lot also depends on how "sporadic" you are. Can you do the same activity for 1-2-3+ hrs in a row? If not - then maybe you can do a bit of everything to switch it up. Whatever you do - just have fun!

I also have some druid guides on farming, if you decide to stick with that:

• Thanks guys, those videos were very helpful!

Tabor wrote:

just farming the new green solo random dungeon portals
      Where do I find these? Are expeditions less worth than such dungeons?

Any other general tips that you guys might have? Such as mechanics or features that I might want to pay attention too while playing.

Also, I might actually try some other weapons, I'd be looking for something support but not necessarily healing - are there weapons that fulfill such a role?
    • All the group and solo dungeon entrances are found out in the OW in all zones. The higher tier zone and higher risk zones (red/black) etc will all provide higher fame/rewards per dungeon. Many people do dive these dungeons for PvP like myself but you can do many things to still run the red zone ones relatively safely. Few tips are leave the initial few groupings of mobs up, watch the flag counter on a regular basis (if in red zone), and pay attention for blue tags as that typically means someone is trailing about to flag up on you.