Poison thorns 1h Nature E needed change

• Poison thorns 1h Nature E needed change

The new poison thorns is a great step towards more diverse PvP build options, but it's limited significantly because of the heal on the 1h E. Even if using the poison thorns q for the root and damage, you still give your team a 0 stack heal which does nothing, but cripples your healer because everyone has healer sickness for the rest of the fight.

Especially with the constant changes to healer sickness to balance double healers, the interesting new nature possibilities are ruined by this too.

Either remove the heal and add it to the damage/root or just remove the heal entirely(when using poison thorns q of course) and it would still be a positive change that lets the weapon be played in new ways.
    • Yeah but that's a shame, they specifically changed the 1h nature to make it the only nature weapon with an E that was revised to cater to being dps/utility by making it focus on damage and root rather than healing. But then they kept the heal on the E that scales with how many rejuv stacks people have even though it's impossible to give them any stacks if you are using poison thorns. (but still giving healing sickness for a worthless heal)

Overall, it's just badly designed. Poison thorns was a train wreck already with losing stacks per instance of dmg and they fixed that, but now the one ability they changed to cater to poison thorns still has a bad design flaw.

The post was edited 1 time, last by HoodlumHavoc ().

• I think it's not because they added two different mechanism on the e depending of what q spell you use (meaning what type of gameplay you will aim with your druid staff) but at the same time i feel it's badly designed because they put that only on the 1h druid staff not on the others.

Adding a second mechanism for E slot spell based on thorns in every other druid staff can add interesting depth than simply having a simple auto-attack q spell.
    • Before they overwork something, I would prefer they fix the broken passives first

Literally Thorns has no single working passive any more..except Mana gain on attack.. and it makes no sense, nothing will get u out of Mana on thorns

The run speed 20% for 3 is nice..but unreachable with thorns. Especially not with thorns stand time

The resist makes no sense as u have thorns w and e to trigger it..
      Means u have your 3 seconds resist all 20 seconds..

How I would change it:
      1) remove standtime on thorns, it is an Autoattack buff, similar to a bow - bow has no standtime too on W and E
      2) copy over the slow from the bow Autoattack
      3) make the CD for thorns similar to spear 2. Q with same Mana implications..

Done, class is playable again
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Before they overwork something, I would prefer they fix the broken passives first

Literally Thorns has no single working passive any more..except Mana gain on attack.. and it makes no sense, nothing will get u out of Mana on thorns

The run speed 20% for 3 is nice..but unreachable with thorns. Especially not with thorns stand time

The resist makes no sense as u have thorns w and e to trigger it..
      Means u have your 3 seconds resist all 20 seconds..

How I would change it:
      1) remove standtime on thorns, it is an Autoattack buff, similar to a bow - bow has no standtime too on W and E
      2) copy over the slow from the bow Autoattack
      3) make the CD for thorns similar to spear 2. Q with same Mana implications..

Done, class is playable again
      Yeah some passives need updating.

I think Thorns stand-time is a compromise to the fact that they can "Revitalize" to near full health and energy every 15 seconds can't they?
    • Theoretically they can, in fact in PvP it is not..

1) it is easy to interrupt, fear, knockback, clawed, shadowedged, stunned.. etc, channeled ability with all draw backs

And

2) while you channeling, you are getting 250 health per second, but u stand still and have not like cultist etc. Any resist.. usually in a PvP vs sword e.g. that btw has the interrupts, you eat in this 6 lame duck seconds the damage which u heal up for..

Except - 1h nature, that can root and then channel...

But any decent bow eats your channels life while you restore it

Usually the channeling just buys you time, not life, as what u gain is same time gone

Basically you beat 6 seconds on a dummy that restores 250 per second, but cannot use any skill not move..

Powerful, isn't it?

Or do u do less than 250 on a dummy per second?? That's why it just works vs completely unspecced people..

The post was edited 2 times, last by Hollywoodi ().