Destroying not classes but entire playstyles

• Destroying not classes but entire playstyles

I came back and looked at nature, and honestly speaking that is redicolous.

I can completly understand to tweak classes, to adjust skills, but to completly change the playstyle and behaviour of a class is okay for Alpha, maybe beta, but after several years life?

If you look at the change of nature for solo play:

Before: Kiting class, puting up dot, then surviving, basically a curse playstyle, weaker, with self heal. Highly moblile, positioning and moving was key

After: static Facetank class with autoattacks.
      You do no damage, if you not autoattack or get hit...
      Every item you used before..put up dots and then iceblock or whatever is pointless, because now you are suddenly a facetank with autoattacks

You did not adapt the class, you comepltly changed the playstyle

I am not an MMO developer nor i have the experience of the SBi people, but i can tell you one thing:

If i buy high heels i don't want sport shoes. And if you suddenly change your high heels to sport shoes, you should give people an option to spec out of it - free and without Fame loss, one time change.

It is not an adaption, it is a complete new class, completly different play style.

I don't talk about overpowered or underpowered, i talke about playing experience...

So please either change the play style back to a mobile class or give people at least a free spec out...for a limited period of time

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

• The nature staff nerf was my first big patch since i started playing AO... my reaction was WTF u can nerf a class that need to be nerf without changing the way the class is played..
      The guy working on the combat system played way to much league of trolls.. This is a mmoRPG.. with my experience i have never seen a PvP mmoRPG reworking a class... once i saw the dev remove a class from the game, they was not able to balance... every sandbox i've played it's the first time i see this kind of move.. that is usually seen on PvE mmoRPG like tESO or a MOBA like league of trolls..

MY second thoughts was.. who had the shitty idea, at first, to put a heal over time + a damage over time on the same class? when the DoT exist to counter the HoT.. it was like giving the power of life and death to the same character... totally unexperienced move that should been fix asap not reworked yrs later...

these kind of PvP mmoRPG doing SMALL change; nerf and buff at the time while keeping and eye on their stats/evolution

I was training the one hand nature staff i was still gathering getting rdy for PvP and my "paladin" was already nerf with a rework one hand nature staff is more than useless right now.. u can try the savage nature staff but if u want to deal dmg ur losing ur good PvP heal.. BTW the self healing has been nerf by 25% in the same patch.. ur build is not solo PvP anymore try the duo PvP with 2 druid healing each others...
      Oh and watch out our only dmg dealing skill can be interrupt and the big W heal is canalised (shitty for solo PvP)

But i totally agree on what u said, for me it's the same feeling than a bitch slap in the face for something wrong u did a while ago (decided to go nature staff)

The post was edited 5 times, last by KroDuK ().

• nature was made into a support class and he is really strong actualy.
      this wasnt even a nerf....
      you can still play a pure heal nature btw.

and for the balancing.
      no, albion ist not like a classic mmo. its build around 2 completely different games. you have the open world game and the instanced pvp game and they both are very different in balancing.
      albion is closer to a moba then it is to a mmorpg.

The post was edited 1 time, last by CallMeGosu ().

• if it feel close to a moba instead mmoRPG.. it's only because of the lack of content and activities -.-
      It feel more like a hack n slash OW for me..

BTW callmegosu that was exactly my point i did not pick nature staff to support heal.. i pick it.. my third day on AO i did my theroycrafting look all regular t4 items.. i wanted to be a palladin not a healer #survival.. when someone calling me a healer i feel insulted :P
      By now the druid is a healer PvP wise.. and the worst healer PvE wise.. PvP wise he can be a very good support for a zerg... other than that he's the weakess healer in my book.. when before he was more like a paladin class could deal dmg with heal while doing solo PvP..

The post was edited 1 time, last by KroDuK ().

• Yup nature is a support class now, you said it correctly.

But people picked and leveled it for playing it Solo.

The duo part was just slightly touched.

The solo part destroyed...

The only thing I say is, if there is such a drastic change, there should be a free spec out for the solo player, because it is no more playable in PvP

As there is no dot left and the only damage comes via Autoattack, there is no way to solo kill anyone with a run skill ..you can use dagger, fight till 20% and run.. Autoattack will break at once..

In the past, you could if someone runs throw poison and hope the ticking dot does something, cause opponent overcommitted..

But it is with minimum skill literally impossible to overcommit vs Autoattack and no gap closer

On top, any idea how to use the run speed passive now? The passive makes no sense solo..thorns had stand time and high CD..how make run speed passive happen??

Really this change is nonsense
    • For the passive it's good when u do what nature is now meant to be: healing :(

Like when im gathering i'm not using thorn but the heal over time.. it's nice when im hunting with the poison chess piece always full HP.. but yeah i totally agree on what u said.. they change the playstyle, with no regards for the players, with a freaking rework like this wasn't a PvP sandbox..

Those game need small change, frequently and they need to keep an eye on their stats.. if something is broken and cannot be balanced assume it remove it from the game and do something for the affected player (while removing u give back 100% of the combat point to the players) :)

I guess their answer was: basta... buy GOLD and respect urself ;)
    • KroDuK wrote:

if it feel close to a moba instead mmoRPG.. it's only because of the lack of content and activities -.-
      It feel more like a hack n slash OW for me..

BTW callmegosu that was exactly my point i did not pick nature staff to support heal.. i pick it.. my third day on AO i did my theroycrafting look all regular t4 items.. i wanted to be a palladin not a healer #survival.. when someone calling me a healer i feel insulted :P
      By now the druid is a healer PvP wise.. and the worst healer PvE wise.. PvP wise he can be a very good support for a zerg... other than that he's the weakess healer in my book.. when before he was more like a paladin class could deal dmg with heal while doing solo PvP..
      For a paladin i would suggest using Spears with Hellion Jacket and Guardian Helmet. The extra damage per Auto Attack from the stacks + life steal passive + heals from both armor and helm fills the resistant brawler with self sustain design.

But yeah, nature was always intended to be a healer class... yet i can understand your frustration, given the way you felt towards nature tree.
    • The non existent problem was great nature

An experienced player killed great nature right on the spot
      Damage interrupt nature shield, great nature dead

Or

Wait thorns, use mage robe great nature dead

Or

Any purge in PvP fin chowl, arcane great nature dead

But

Noob players, not understanding great nature, beat on it, poison it...purge? What is this??

Cry on forum

Retroman: we need to cater the casual...

Destroy nature for Solo PvP... GG
    • ImaDoki wrote:

For a paladin i would suggest using Spears with Hellion Jacket and Guardian Helmet. The extra damage per Auto Attack from the stacks + life steal passive + heals from both armor and helm fills the resistant brawler with self sustain design.
      But yeah, nature was always intended to be a healer class... yet i can understand your frustration, given the way you felt towards nature tree.
      Thx for the good intention but except the helmet nuthing is paladin, the leeching build are good for the group fight or the 1vX i just want a solo survival build that can deal some damage u know: a paladin, not a "saper" that leeching good life vs multiple ennemies with a small 10% heal for 5 players on his helmet every 25 seconds? ;)

There is no decent paladin build on AO anymore, we got one item; an helmet. i really felt the paladin on the old nature staff, i never had the chance to test it in the OW PvP but i did a few duel before it was freaking reworked.. the leeching build are necromancer one it's all IN most dmg u can vs the most ennemies possible i want exactly the opposite of ur build survival build.. it's maybe a problem from AO: 100% of the time.. the best defense is the offense (zerging mecanic problem)

Edit: one last thing Doki when u said it was always meant to be a healer class; i remember when i was doing my theorycrafting after 3-5 days playing AO the nature staff is in the hunting section not the mage one for me it was the perfect paladin weapon dmg and heal, it was looking way to OP for smallscale/solo PvP tho, reason why i picked it :P
      PS: poeple that was calling me druid or healer i was like f.. off stop insulting me, im a paladin.. now im the weakess healer class if i dont like zerging ;)

The post was edited 8 times, last by KroDuK ().

• KroDuK wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Thx for the good intention but except the helmet nuthing is paladin, the leeching build are good for the group fight or the 1vX i just want a survival build that can deal damage u know a paladin, not a "saper" that leeching life with a 10% heal for 5 players on his helmet every 30 seconds? ;)
      Well, it does fit the survival build that does damage, though xD

If you also add boots that heal (low heal, but still heal) and healing potion you have one heck of a sustain build with very good damage/mobility/CC (all depends on the spear).

If you want even more heals, you could also try one handed axe (which i think is way worst than spears, buuuuuut...)
    • KroDuK wrote:

By now the druid is a healer PvP wise.. and the worst healer PvE wise.. PvP wise he can be a very good support for a zerg... other than that he's the weakess healer in my book..
      Why do you say it is weak in pve as a healer? Protection of nature makes tank healing a breeze, imo. Once you get to a higher spec, you can even switch to Rejuv Breeze, and pretty much afk heal at that point.
    • KroDuK wrote:

For the passive it's good when u do what nature is now meant to be: healing :(

Like when im gathering i'm not using thorn but the heal over time.. it's nice when im hunting with the poison chess piece always full HP.. but yeah i totally agree on what u said.. they change the playstyle, with no regards for the players, with a freaking rework like this wasn't a PvP sandbox..

Those game need small change, frequently and they need to keep an eye on their stats.. if something is broken and cannot be balanced assume it remove it from the game and do something for the affected player (while removing u give back 100% of the combat point to the players) :)

my biggest problem is not the gold, I am veteran and veterans count their gold in millions..

It is the fame, sure you can tome it, as we did on our GvG alts.

But that is just another complete change of the game..

I bought it for the fun of playing nature solo and Gvg with some 400 spec whatever..

Solo PvP Nature is dead
      GvG territory control is dead

Hmm ..what if zerging is not fun for some players??
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

KroDuK wrote:

For the passive it's good when u do what nature is now meant to be: healing :(

my biggest problem is not the gold, I am veteran and veterans count their gold in millions..
      It is the fame, sure you can tome it, as we did on our GvG alts.

But that is just another complete change of the game..

I bought it for the fun of playing nature solo and Gvg with some 400 spec whatever..

Solo PvP Nature is dead
      GvG territory control is dead

Hmm ..what if zerging is not fun for some players??
      Crystal League is on the way.
      GvG will be as important as ZvZ in the new meta.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Well, it does fit the survival build that does damage, though xD
      If you also add boots that heal (low heal, but still heal) and healing potion you have one heck of a sustain build with very good damage/mobility/CC (all depends on the spear).

If you want even more heals, you could also try one handed axe (which i think is way worst than spears, buuuuuut...)
      Still life stealing is necromancer/antipal (high dmg burst+leech) killer + self sustain
      Paladin: is a defensive warrior that can fight & heal (high resistance/defense/damage mitigation+heal) survival
      One is meant for the attack the other for the defense ;)

@Jay i said nature staff is the weakess PvE healer, am i wrong ? Only good when u talking about support healer in a zerg.

The post was edited 8 times, last by KroDuK ().

• Hollywoodi wrote:

Before: Kiting class, puting up dot, then surviving, basically a curse playstyle, weaker, with self heal. Highly moblile, positioning and moving was key

Every item you used before..put up dots and then iceblock or whatever is pointless, because now you are suddenly a facetank with autoattacks
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

heh, congrats on getting first experience in PvP..

But you should move on from tutorial to true PvP if u want to get better.. the indicator right below shows it is tutorial area, aka red zone..

Get some additional in green black then Mercia..u will see it not works there any more..

4.1 over skilled bow will blow u 2 pieces, even purge won't help u..

But be careful in Mercia, no damage protection buff and people actually have basic skill..

But congrats on getting first PvP experience, and thanks for confirming in video what I said.. no kiting any more, facetanking
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

heh, congrats on getting first experience in PvP..

But you should move on from tutorial to true PvP if u want to get better.. the indicator right below shows it is tutorial area, aka red zone..

Get some additional in green black then Mercia..u will see it not works there any more..

4.1 over skilled bow will blow u 2 pieces, even purge won't help u..

But be careful in Mercia, no damage protection buff and people actually have basic skill..

But congrats on getting first PvP experience, and thanks for confirming in video what I said.. no kiting any more, facetanking
      not surprised you didn't even realize this wasn't me...

you might want to pay closer attention to details :)