Combat kneel

• Consider the alternatives:

OPTION A: Even if you are being attacked by a player, you will only be knocked down for 20 seconds if a mob gets the last hit on you.
      This would result in players who are under attack by another player to simply run into a swarm of mobs to get knocked down on purpose, thus shortening their knockdown timer. This would allow you to restore to full HP in case the attacker cannot get to you in that short time.

OPTION B: You are always knocked down for 3 minutes, even if you are attacked and knocked down by just the mob.
      This option would be annoying and a waste of time for every player for no good reason.

In conclusion; while the current system may seem unintuitive at first, you will see why it's set up the way it is once you begin PvPing in the open world. Maybe think of it as the default knockdown timer lasting 3 minutes, but if there are no players interested in fighting you, then there's no need for you to be knocked down for 3 minutes.
    • I understand but if ppl geather CV Blighted Bog etc. and got attacked cant run any safe place only middle the maps and if he get knocked he need press to die. I understand this game pvp orient but gatherers got less defense again gankers low armor low resist no dmg bonus like a bunny vs hunter.
    • This is exactly how i feel when gathering on PvP a bunny.. i think it was intended.. i really do feel like a victim when im gathering... i dont have much experience on albion but the best way to defend urself (on ur gathering zone) is to do another character set for the PvP.. in case of trouble u can switch characters (like u died against a solo PK) or u wanna PK another gatherer on ur zone.

But yeah a bunny it's exactly how i feel as a gatherer.. in term of game design i think the dev were lazy on that making the gatherer the victim in the wolves/hiena country side (PvP)

They could have done a sexy dismount game design for the gatherer(they already did it but wont use it for some reason the YZ system).. or like example the PK need a potion that wont let you mount for x seconds instead of vaporising ur mount on the first hit.. like that u have to survive x seconds on a small area next to ur mount before mounting it to run and the PK if he can'T kill you quick enough he would have to dismount you..

When you get caught; the bunny (with my experience) have 2 options, the running build like max dash build to run away or survival build heal/defense (like a paladin, but there is no effective paladin build on AO since they nerf the nature staff) to reach the nearest exit (if u dont fight back, like a good victim, u can leave the place)

The worst side of the game design aka bunny/victim gatherer.. is when ur getting hit by someone that hostile 1 screen near you.. u never seen him and somehow with the 3d iso or the cheat engine he does seen you.. ur loosing ur mount while ur getting pounded by the PK (im drinking a gigantisme potion and deleting some ressource from my bag to be able to run) so i start running with usually 50% HP left.. cuz i couldnt move overweighted since im using a boar 750kg + sterling cape with a bag of 350kg..

My general thought on that i would have prefer if the PK NEED to dismount the gatherer instead only one tap him when he's gathering to be able to kill him.. one bitch slap on foot all it take to change ur status from bunny into a victim ;)

The post was edited 6 times, last by KroDuK ().

• Elsa wrote:

OPTION A: Even if you are being attacked by a player, you will only be knocked down for 20 seconds if a mob gets the last hit on you.
      This would result in players who are under attack by another player to simply run into a swarm of mobs to get knocked down on purpose, thus shortening their knockdown timer. This would allow you to restore to full HP in case the attacker cannot get to you in that short time.
      Thank you @Elsa, never thought of doing this!
    • Let's get real Sharky.. there is no PK in the open world that wont be able to point n click ur knockdown body they got 20 seconds.. this trick is pretty good when ur not a gatherer u were fighting but losing from a few hits.. u red lined ennemy will have 20 sec to heal enough to be able to reach u, to finish you.. but a bunny cannot fight ;)
    • KroDuK wrote:

Let's get real Sharky.. there is no PK in the open world that wont be able to point n click ur knockdown body they got 20 seconds.. this trick is pretty good when ur not a gatherer u were fighting but losing from a few hits.. u red lined ennemy will have 20 sec to heal enough to be able to reach u, to finish you.. but a bunny cannot fight ;)
      Yeah but we're talking YZ knockdowns here. This would be a pretty uselss tactic in RZ or BZ, as you've pointed out.
    • KroDuK wrote:

Let's get real Sharky.. there is no PK in the open world that wont be able to point n click ur knockdown body they got 20 seconds.. this trick is pretty good when ur not a gatherer u were fighting but losing from a few hits.. u red lined ennemy will have 20 sec to heal enough to be able to reach u, to finish you.. but a bunny cannot fight ;)
      You definitely have not been in BB elites, try to click a downed person you wont, unless using multiple invisbilities and still its very hard...
      Run far enough into the mobs that makes the attacker have to clean to get to you, obviously if you just die at their feet they will click on you
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

KroDuK wrote:

.. i really do feel like a victim when im gathering...
      i can only imagine how victim-like you must feel running around with a wild staff, merc jacket, and knight boots lol
      albiononline2d.com/en/scoreboa…rs/hPvf_-guRuWjzmBtOOxuEg
      im not gathering with that einstein -.- look down... when i have my BOAR and sterling cape.. if u can't read me try to think ;)
      omegalul?

@Drake_IronHeart git gud?
      edit: here im gonna be nice u know how last target automatic fonction work right ? u dont even have to try to click on him u just have to get in range to click a single ranged skill... if u dont have those as a PK then u have invisibilty 100% same shit use to last target fonction once u reach him... but to LOOT the guy it's another thing.. u will have to clear few mobs once ur ennemy has been easily finished...

@SHARKY im avoiding YZ like pest since my first month i was on a noob character doing YZ donjon on faction.. i've got knockdown by someone full t8 not in a faction... the same guy quit the dungeon came back in with a ennemy faction t3 noob to finish me off and loot me -.-
      YZ is badly designed like the faction system ;)

The post was edited 5 times, last by KroDuK ().

• pali wrote:

Geatherer set have no dmg bonus only 2 sh.. escape spell and they can easyli purge. I think this mechanice piece of sh...
      Some of the best bloodletter players I've seen in this game were hardcore gatherers. High mobility allows for you to safely whittle your opponent down. If you're gathering on an ox, or any mount with carry weight- when you get dismounted you'll already be at a huge disadvantage.
    • jwhite179 wrote:

pali wrote:

Geatherer set have no dmg bonus only 2 sh.. escape spell and they can easyli purge. I think this mechanice piece of sh...
      Some of the best bloodletter players I've seen in this game were hardcore gatherers. High mobility allows for you to safely whittle your opponent down. If you're gathering on an ox, or any mount with carry weight- when you get dismounted you'll already be at a huge disadvantage.
      You mean even more with the gathering gear that not meant for combat :p