Adjust auto-respec mechanic for masteries to help newer players

• Adjust auto-respec mechanic for masteries to help newer players

As a newer player who's hit T8 in my chosen masteries, but still has a lot of speccing out to do, the increase in respeccing silver cost has been very noticeable, simply from the T8 masteries. I can afford it, and the millions of fame credits I get simply from the masteries are quite valuable, but not every newer player can, and discouraging them seems like a bad thing.

One possibility is to freely auto-respec fame gained on the mastery to the spec of the gear being used. If the spec is max, the fame instead gets converted to credits as per the usual silver costs, so players grinding against full spec would see no difference.

So, while grinding spec, a player would get a free full fame conversion from the mastery, but no choice in where the credits go (they have to go into the spec). That seems a reasonable tradeoff.

(And I have no problem with the current costs for anyone who wants to grind against max spec.)
    • Roccandil wrote:

As a newer player who's hit T8 in my chosen masteries, but still has a lot of speccing out to do, the increase in respeccing silver cost has been very noticeable, simply from the T8 masteries. I can afford it, and the millions of fame credits I get simply from the masteries are quite valuable, but not every newer player can, and discouraging them seems like a bad thing.
      Nobody is discouraging anyone. Stop playing mental Olympics with all these game systems.

If you cannot afford autorespec - you have multiple options:
      1) Turn off auto respec
      2) Learn how to afford it

What happened to "thinking outside the box"? Is it all whine whine and call the waaaambulance these days?
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

Nobody is discouraging anyone. Stop playing mental Olympics with all these game systems.
      1) Turn off auto respec

What happened to "thinking outside the box"? Is it all whine whine and call the waaaambulance these days?
      Please stop cry captainrussia
    • NaturalSelection wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

Nobody is discouraging anyone. Stop playing mental Olympics with all these game systems.If you cannot afford autorespec - you have multiple options:
      1) Turn off auto respec

Please stop cry captainrussia
      Ironic. According to your posts - its you who's been crying non-stop.

You are failing hard at natural selection. Darwin is very disappointed in you. :(
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

1) Turn off auto respec

Whatever is taxed, is punished, and there will be less of it. By increasing the cost of auto-respec for masteries, newer players are discouraged from getting full fame credits, and thus they are discouraged from levelling up to compete with veterans.

That's not a good thing. And a culture of blaming newer players for it is bullying and elitism, and is a sure way to destroy a business.
    • Roccandil wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Roccandil wrote:

Nobody is discouraging anyone. Stop playing mental Olympics with all these game systems.If you cannot afford autorespec - you have multiple options:
      1) Turn off auto respec

Whatever is taxed, is punished, and there will be less of it. By increasing the cost of auto-respec for masteries, newer players are discouraged from getting full fame credits, and thus they are discouraged from levelling up to compete with veterans.

That's not a good thing. And a culture of blaming newer players for it is bullying and elitism, and is a sure way to destroy a business.
      1) By your flawed logic - trading on the auction house should be dying, cuz ya know - "its taxed". And seriously... new players are discouraged from lvling up? You are really reaching for arguments now...

2) Nobody is blaming newer players. Where did you get that idea from? Blaming lazy people who do not want to think outside the box and put some effort - sure. But not newer players.