Beginner questions about cooking.

• Beginner questions about cooking.

Hello! I have a couple of questions regarding cooking/butchering.

Does butchering chickens give resource back? Does creating fish sauce give resources back? There's a Resource Return Rate at 0% when I want to butcher or create fish sauce but the spending focus point button is missing.
      There's a skill called butchery I believe under chef skill. This skill levels up when I butcher chickens etc but seems kinda useless since there's no way I can use focus. Am I missing something here?
      Are there cities in Albion where there's a bonus to cooking like there's to refining ore in Thetford?
      Can I turn my focus crafting points into a potion or something and sell it?
      I'm farming wheat and watering it costs me 551 atm. How low can this get? To zero?
      Thanks have a great weekend!

The post was edited 1 time, last by NineLivesNed ().

• I haven't made fish sauce before so I cannot comment on that but I can say the butcher does not give you any bonus yield. In otherwords you cannot use crafting focus with it and using a butcher in the city will not give you any passive returns.

I recall some other people have commented about how the butcher skill seems to be pretty useless.

It takes a long time to level up your crops. I have my focus costs down to 128 I think on carrots. I don't believe you can actually get it to 0.

What I do with my focus though is I grow herbs to make potions, I water some of the crops to reduce seed lost and then when I make the potions I also use focus there and it works out pretty well for me. It took a long time though to be able to do that. What you can do whether you are crafting food or potions is start off leveling up your crops. use focus and sell the crops until you get it to where its around 200 or lower to water. Then start crafting the potions with the crops but don't use focus at first. You need to craft a few batches of potions/food to get it to where it doesn't use so many points. Your goal is to try and sell T6, T7, or T8 goods.
    • NineLivesNed wrote:

Hello! I have a couple of questions regarding cooking/butchering.

Does butchering chickens give resource back? Does creating fish sauce give resources back? There's a Resource Return Rate at 0% when I want to butcher or create fish sauce but the spending focus point button is missing.
      There's a skill called butchery I believe under chef skill. This skill levels up when I butcher chickens etc but seems kinda useless since there's no way I can use focus. Am I missing something here?
      Are there cities in Albion where there's a bonus to cooking like there's to refining ore in Thetford?
      Can I turn my focus crafting points into a potion or something and sell it?
      I'm farming wheat and watering it costs me 551 atm. How low can this get? To zero?
      Thanks have a great weekend!
      Butchering and creating fish sauce don't have a resource return rate, they always give and cost a specific amount of resources.

At first I thought the same thing as you about the butcher skill but once you get high spec the butcher skill gives the same focus efficiency bonus as fully maxed out food spec. So let's say im crafting omelettes if i have high spec in stew I get an efficiency bonus from the stew even though stews aren't what I'm crafting. A fully maxed out butcher and ingredient chef give the same bonus as maxed out food spec. So even though you can't see the benefits of leveling up your butcher skill directly it has a useful indirect bonus.

There are no bonuses in cities for potion or food crafting.

You can't turn your focus into a consumable and sell it.

I don't know exactly how low you can get the focus cost down but it gets very low, it will never get to zero.