pvp system/gold price (we can talk)

• New

xcruciful wrote:

Generation and depletion is like cycle to maintain the value of assets.
      That is what PvP does.
      You grind to get resources to fight...the fight make the gear trash and need to be repaired. And you need to grind again if you lose.
      All of this to make the in game assets to have value.

Trashing is an excellent mechanic, for sure! :) But PvP with trashing comes in multiple types:

- Ganking (highway robbery)
      - ZvZ (warfare)
      - Arena-style (hellgates, GvGs)

Ganking could thus be removed from the game without eliminating trashing, and ganking is the form of PvP that can push new players away.

So, this is really about ganking in the red zone. While I think it should still be possible, the costs should be much higher; the current reputation system seems anemic.

Some possibilities:

- Put royal outposts in the red zone, with guards that will attack all reds.
      - Allow players with enough reputation to automatically summon guards if attacked by reds.
      - If a player's reputation drops enough, don't allow them to enter any city but Caerleon.
      - If a player's reputation drops enough, keep them permanently red.
      - If a player's reputation drops enough, put a royal bounty on their head, that increases for every blue player they kill. Only a blue player can collect.
      - Only allow a player's reputation to grow a certain amount each day. (Perhaps allow players to buy reputation for silver in Caerleon, as a voluntary silver sink.)
      - If a player's reputation drops enough, increase the taxes they pay on the royal continent.
    • New

Roccandil wrote:

xcruciful wrote:

That is what PvP does.
      You grind to get resources to fight...the fight make the gear trash and need to be repaired. And you need to grind again if you lose.
      Trashing is an excellent mechanic, for sure! :) But PvP with trashing comes in multiple types:

- ZvZ (warfare)

Ganking could thus be removed from the game without eliminating trashing, and ganking is the form of PvP that can push new players away.

So, this is really about ganking in the red zone. While I think it should still be possible, the costs should be much higher; the current reputation system seems anemic.

Some possibilities:

- Allow players with enough reputation to automatically summon guards if attacked by reds.
      - If a player's reputation drops enough, don't allow them to enter any city but Caerleon.
      - If a player's reputation drops enough, put a royal bounty on their head, that increases for every blue player they kill. Only a blue player can collect.
      - Only allow a player's reputation to grow a certain amount each day. (Perhaps allow players to buy reputation for silver in Caerleon, as a voluntary silver sink.)
      - If a player's reputation drops enough, increase the taxes they pay on the royal continent.
      Definitely NO.
      I mean I get the idea...a barrier between new players - veterans. They can't play together.(But there are many reasons why they should play together)

The barrier exists:
      New players should learn to read.
      There is warning pop-up even when you go in yellow zone.

Punishing ganking idea will come from people being in the process of learning the game. Or people with short term economic plans. People who don't understand the value of ganking. Ganking is very valuable mechanic for the economy. Protecting the game from bots.It create a difference between Caerleon and other Cities about resources value...giving reasons to transport to Caerleon.

I understand that the main argument will be that the game will not retain more players.
      But that is fine...because retain only player who love the game.
      And at the moment...too many player are bad for the game because they will cause lag and server issues.

Do the game needs to retain soft-core players who will always complain and come with biased ideas?
      NO
    • New

There's no real secret way around the price of gold. Gold is a limited resource and one that many players want to get their hands on so they can get premium without paying real money. The gold and silver are linked together. If you implement ideas that try to put more silver into the hands of players so they can "easily" afford gold, then all those players that couldn't afford the gold start buying it.

The more players buy up the gold which again is "limited" then the higher the price goes and before you know it, the value of silver changes as product costs inflate. Players flood the markets with easily obtained resources until nobody is buying them. Meanwhile Gold skyrockets even higher and a new band-aid fix is needed.

As long as Gold remains a limited resources with high demand, its price will continue to climb.

In other notes I find that the red zones tend to be more dangerous or at least more active with gankers. The black zone it just depends on which zones you traverse in and the time of day. Sure you will eventually run into gankers but more times then not you can make some successful runs. Just keep your eyes open and run proper gear. I see so many people try to go out on an ox or tier 3 horse to gather. You are just asking for trouble then.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DoomRawrus ().

• New

Roccandil wrote:

xcruciful wrote:

That is what PvP does.

- ZvZ (warfare)

Some possibilities:

i think ganking is the stupidest shit in this game. It is so easy and basically zero risk if you don't pick fights with zergs or other gank groups. I think that if a group of 15 decide to bully a solo gatherer then all the gatherers gear should trash. It could be setup to count the difference, like a 15v15 would have the same trash rate as now, a 15v10 would maybe be double, a 15v5 would maybe be like 50% and a 15v1 would be 100%. In that case, the 15 man team would be encouraged to pick more fair fights instead of just chasing a gatherer for 15 minutes.
    • New

mcian91 wrote:

i think ganking is the stupidest shit in this game. It is so easy and basically zero risk if you don't pick fights with zergs or other gank groups. I think that if a group of 15 decide to bully a solo gatherer then all the gatherers gear should trash. It could be setup to count the difference, like a 15v15 would have the same trash rate as now, a 15v10 would maybe be double, a 15v5 would maybe be like 50% and a 15v1 would be 100%. In that case, the 15 man team would be encouraged to pick more fair fights instead of just chasing a gatherer for 15 minutes.
      thats true and it's a good idea thanks
    • New

Skill ganking is actually great and fun. This is being on foot in strategic places and reacting quickly enough to catch and dismount players. However I agree the current speed mount posse ganking is literally the worst and damages the game as it deters a huge amount of the game population from even bothering to enter the black zone. Others are forced to join huge alliances even though they would prefer otherwise so they can limit the exposer to the portal zone speed mount posse cancer.