It is impossible to play pve with existing taxes

• Captainrussia wrote:

Raithe wrote:

II literally loose money in dungeons fame farming because of this.
      Good. Thats intended. You now need to learn how to manage your money and learn how to actually make silver. Fame farming =/= silver farming.
      ... It did not cost silver go out and fame farm previous to respec point. The risk of loosing gear definitely presented a potential silver loss. Why in a sandbox would you specifically create rulesets that purposefully limit playstyles that currently exist in game and have been evolving in game for years? It merely takes away from already available content. I did note that yes I can afford it in the post you responded too btw so I'm not saying that its not manageable. But I am stating that it is a limiting factor. Not all of us joined with Albion to play financial games with an auction house. Not all of us enjoy gathering now that gather gear is a requirement and running from everything that moves is necessary. Not everyone wants to do the FOTM gearsets either and like playing with specific builds.

Enough ranting. That really helps naught. What specifically does it add having such a cost to pushed to this aspect of fame farming? If it s just to force ppl to add tasks to their time in game thats not what I consider a step forward in a sandbox environment. Its a nerf. If it achieves something relevant then I guess that's spiffy. What did this cost help with? All I can think of is that its a counter balance to not wasting experience while adding more gold sales. So what did this add to the game?
    • Raithe wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Raithe wrote:

II literally loose money in dungeons fame farming because of this.
      Good. Thats intended. You now need to learn how to manage your money and learn how to actually make silver. Fame farming =/= silver farming.
      ... It did not cost silver go out and fame farm previous to respec point. The risk of loosing gear definitely presented a potential silver loss. Why in a sandbox would you specifically create rulesets that purposefully limit playstyles that currently exist in game and have been evolving in game for years? It merely takes away from already available content. I did note that yes I can afford it in the post you responded too btw so I'm not saying that its not manageable. But I am stating that it is a limiting factor. Not all of us joined with Albion to play financial games with an auction house. Not all of us enjoy gathering now that gather gear is a requirement and running from everything that moves is necessary. Not everyone wants to do the FOTM gearsets either and like playing with specific builds.
      Enough ranting. That really helps naught. What specifically does it add having such a cost to pushed to this aspect of fame farming? If it s just to force ppl to add tasks to their time in game thats not what I consider a step forward in a sandbox environment. Its a nerf. If it achieves something relevant then I guess that's spiffy. What did this cost help with? All I can think of is that its a counter balance to not wasting experience while adding more gold sales. So what did this add to the game?
      Turn off Respec, 0 cost, problem solved.

"Oh, but i want the extra fame without a cost."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight: Edited out insult. ().

• Raithe wrote:

... It did not cost silver go out and fame farm previous to respec point.
      Previous to respec - you had to go out and fame farm your non-maxed (not 100/100) set all the way from 0, from scratch. People cried - and they got a compromise, and an additional option (a feature) - you can still go about this the old way - put on a 0/100 set and go fame with that and spend 0 silver on respec, or go about it the new way - keep your 100/100 set and pay money for respec (if auto-respec is on) - you even have a 3rd option now - keep your 100/100 set on, and have auto-respec OFF. And people are still fucking complaining? Jesus.... You had 0 options - DEVs give you 2 more options, and people still cry? Pathetic.

Raithe wrote:

The risk of loosing gear definitely presented a potential silver loss.
      Risk of losing gear is always there - and its equal for everyone (its the same for all solo players and its the same for all members of a 10k man alliance, if comparing apples to apples). so this is a moot point. I'd even argue that that risk is lower when you are wearing your 100/100 set, as you have multiple advantages that help you not lose gear - such as IP advantage on 100/100 or ability to downgrade to cheap 4.1 gear, due to having so much (extra) excessive IP. All you have to do in return is pay some silver for auto-respec (or pay 0 with auto-respec OFF) Still complaining?

Raithe wrote:

Why in a sandbox would you specifically create rulesets that purposefully limit playstyles that currently exist in game and have been evolving in game for years?
      Thats funny. Sandbox is a funny double-edged sword. I say it is YOU who is trying to create rulesets to limit playstyles. You cannot pull your weight (for whatever reason - otherwise you would not be complaining in this thread, right?) - but I am totally fine with pulling my weight and paying for auto-respec. But you now want to limit my playstyle. Why would you do something horrible like that?

Raithe wrote:

But I am stating that it is a limiting factor.
      Its not a limiting factor. Its a goddamn option. Turn it off if it bothers you so much. Prior to this feature - getting auto-respec was not even possible. How can you be so greedy and cry about a new option (that is not free of course, nothing is free) that allows you to keep your old ways OR allows you to play in a new way (with auto-respec) if you are comfortable with it? If you are not - play the game the old way with no auto-respec.

Raithe wrote:

Not all of us joined with Albion to play financial games with an auction house. Not all of us enjoy gathering now that gather gear is a requirement and running from everything that moves is necessary. Not everyone wants to do the FOTM gearsets either and like playing with specific builds.
      So you are telling me that because a certain player actually chooses to invest their time, skill and knowledge into "x" "y" and "z" activities - that you want to achieve the same by investing absolute 0 into any of these activities? Hah! Expecting to get everything by putting in 0 effort!
      Sorry buddy - such is definition of a Sandbox. If you want to achieve same results as the next guy by putting in 0 effort - you can go and play hand-holding theme park MMOs - ones, where no matter how much you invest, everyone gets the same participation trophy in the end. Albion is not that kind of a game.

Raithe wrote:

What specifically does it add having such a cost to pushed to this aspect of fame farming? If it s just to force ppl to add tasks to their time in game thats not what I consider a step forward in a sandbox environment. Its a nerf. If it achieves something relevant then I guess that's spiffy. What did this cost help with? All I can think of is that its a counter balance to not wasting experience while adding more gold sales. So what did this add to the game?
      It creates competition, creativity, challenge, pushes one to think outside the box - and of course builds character. Adding tasks - is part of the Sandbox (and IRL) environment, figuring out how to beat those tasks, or how to spend the least amount of time/effort/resources on this task = winning the game, at least in part.
      The cost of auto-respec is a trade off that you must pay (if you chose to) when you chose to use the feature. Most things in Real Life come with trade offs. You don't just get shit for free. The sooner you learn this (and you get to learn this virtually for free - in a videogame) - the better off you'll be as a person(IRL) and as a player (in the game).
      TLDR: choices aren't free. Trade offs have costs. Its up to you to decide which choice and which costs you want to live with.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Raithe wrote:

... It did not cost silver go out and fame farm previous to respec point.
      Previous to respec - you had to go out and fame farm your non-maxed (not 100/100) set all the way from 0, from scratch. People cried - and they got a compromise, and an additional option (a feature) - you can still go about this the old way - put on a 0/100 set and go fame with that and spend 0 silver on respec, or go about it the new way - keep your 100/100 set and pay money for respec (if auto-respec is on) - you even have a 3rd option now - keep your 100/100 set on, and have auto-respec OFF. And people are still fucking complaining? Jesus.... You had 0 options - DEVs give you 2 more options, and people still cry? Pathetic.

Raithe wrote:

The risk of loosing gear definitely presented a potential silver loss.
      Risk of losing gear is always there - and its equal for everyone (its the same for all solo players and its the same for all members of a 10k man alliance, if comparing apples to apples). so this is a moot point. I'd even argue that that risk is lower when you are wearing your 100/100 set, as you have multiple advantages that help you not lose gear - such as IP advantage on 100/100 or ability to downgrade to cheap 4.1 gear, due to having so much (extra) excessive IP. All you have to do in return is pay some silver for auto-respec (or pay 0 with auto-respec OFF) Still complaining?

Raithe wrote:

Why in a sandbox would you specifically create rulesets that purposefully limit playstyles that currently exist in game and have been evolving in game for years?
      Thats funny. Sandbox is a funny double-edged sword. I say it is YOU who is trying to create rulesets to limit playstyles. You cannot pull your weight (for whatever reason - otherwise you would not be complaining in this thread, right?) - but I am totally fine with pulling my weight and paying for auto-respec. But you now want to limit my playstyle. Why would you do something horrible like that?

Raithe wrote:

But I am stating that it is a limiting factor.
      Its not a limiting factor. Its a goddamn option. Turn it off if it bothers you so much. Prior to this feature - getting auto-respec was not even possible. How can you be so greedy and cry about a new option (that is not free of course, nothing is free) that allows you to keep your old ways OR allows you to play in a new way (with auto-respec) if you are comfortable with it? If you are not - play the game the old way with no auto-respec.

Raithe wrote:

Not all of us joined with Albion to play financial games with an auction house. Not all of us enjoy gathering now that gather gear is a requirement and running from everything that moves is necessary. Not everyone wants to do the FOTM gearsets either and like playing with specific builds.
      So you are telling me that because a certain player actually chooses to invest their time, skill and knowledge into "x" "y" and "z" activities - that you want to achieve the same by investing absolute 0 into any of these activities? Hah! Expecting to get everything by putting in 0 effort!Sorry buddy - such is definition of a Sandbox. If you want to achieve same results as the next guy by putting in 0 effort - you can go and play hand-holding theme park MMOs - ones, where no matter how much you invest, everyone gets the same participation trophy in the end. Albion is not that kind of a game.

Raithe wrote:

What specifically does it add having such a cost to pushed to this aspect of fame farming? If it s just to force ppl to add tasks to their time in game thats not what I consider a step forward in a sandbox environment. Its a nerf. If it achieves something relevant then I guess that's spiffy. What did this cost help with? All I can think of is that its a counter balance to not wasting experience while adding more gold sales. So what did this add to the game?
      It creates competition, creativity, challenge, pushes one to think outside the box - and of course builds character. Adding tasks - is part of the Sandbox (and IRL) environment, figuring out how to beat those tasks, or how to spend the least amount of time/effort/resources on this task = winning the game, at least in part.The cost of auto-respec is a trade off that you must pay (if you chose to) when you chose to use the feature. Most things in Real Life come with trade offs. You don't just get shit for free. The sooner you learn this (and you get to learn this virtually for free - in a videogame) - the better off you'll be as a person(IRL) and as a player (in the game).
      TLDR: choices aren't free. Trade offs have costs. Its up to you to decide which choice and which costs you want to live with.
      you need get a girlfriend or a job....
    • People crying because it's hard to "catch up" :D

Just a friendly reminder that for over a year:
      • there was no respec system
      • the best fame was about 250k/h and it was for a few players only
      • fame was basically doing a 15min rotation over and over again for hours.
      Now you have:
      • random dungeons with 1m+ fame per hour with really low risk
      • a respec system that allows you to play any weapon you like
      • relic artifacts (ngl faming with the meatball was funny) (also when they appeared they costed way more)
      • the possibility to fame solo
    • Sas3bg wrote:

Dont lower silver from fame credits. If you max your weaps alredy play with different set. Like i am 400/400 on spears i use it all the way on pvp, but when i so fame farm i use other weapon so i dont pay this 750m easy
      shhhh! Don't tell them all the tricks! Let them figure it out on their own. This is rocket science man!
    • Gugusteh wrote:

People crying because it's hard to "catch up" :D

Just a friendly reminder that for over a year:
      • there was no respec system
      • the best fame was about 250k/h and it was for a few players only
      • fame was basically doing a 15min rotation over and over again for hours.
      Now you have:
      • random dungeons with 1m+ fame per hour with really low risk
      • a respec system that allows you to play any weapon you like
      • relic artifacts (ngl faming with the meatball was funny) (also when they appeared they costed way more)
      • the possibility to fame solo

when u say: Now you have (the old player have the same shit the new player have) but everything cost a least 50% more than u paid..

So ur point is we can do more money faster than u did 2 yrs ago... my point is; the fuck is he talking about the old player do not have access to solo dungeon??

With that logic i could say this is not fair! u did not have to pay for avalonian energy 2 yrs ago!! Instead i ll just say u didnt had to pay 50% more for everything in game.. like a new player.. u did not had to pay for respect we do for at least 50% more.. just the cost of islands 50% more some players have hundred of them.. we need to pay 50% more than u did.. ur telling me well u can do more money today!

I'm telling you as u can do more money today.. but i have to pay 50% more than u did to catch u up.. the gap between old n new player cannot be close without buying shit load of gold..

I totally understand the guy.. if a new player dont want to gather/craft (since it gonna take 300% more time to reach t6 since patch#7) and only PvE.. he gonna need his credit card as soon he's gonna PvE on a PvP zone cuz he wont be able to generate enough money (here im thinking about soomeone paying a subscription and trying to upg his island.. cuz thinking of a new player trying to keep his premium up via silver, with the new IG cost + upgrading one single island is...)

Meanwhile the old player can generate enough money only by logging 1-2 hours per day to sub at least 3 character with the islands profitsand buying more island for 50% more silver... Meanwhile a new playwer cannot catch up a old player without buying a shit load of gold..

PS: still ur first point there was no respect system, i still cannot believe u dont see how funny it is.. the guy have problem generating money ur telling him u were not losing 80% of ur silver with a respect model a yrs ago.. let me guess they added the respect mecanic when u were already 400 spec? :D

PS2: I would change the title for no point only playing pve with the new taxe rate as a new player better to log on league of trolls.. even if u pay for ur subscription.. u wont generate enough money to be competitive on the sandbox zone (the BZ) after a couple defeat ur gonna end up in non artefact items, non enchanted #freshmeat while the old players gonna steam roll you with their islandsss profit

The post was edited 1 time, last by KroDuK ().

• KroDuK wrote:

when u say: Now you have (the old player have the same shit the new player have) but everything cost a least 50% more than u paid..
      So ur point is we can do more money faster than u did 2 yrs ago... my point is; the fuck is he talking about the old player do not have access to solo dungeon??

With that logic i could say this is not fair! u did not have to pay for avalonian energy 2 yrs ago!! Instead i ll just say u didnt had to pay 50% more for everything in game.. like a new player.. u did not had to pay for respect we do for at least 50% more.. just the cost of islands 50% more some players have hundred of them.. we need to pay 50% more than u did.. ur telling me well u can do more money today!

I'm telling you as u can do more money today.. but i have to pay 50% more than u did to catch u up.. the gap between old n new player cannot be close without buying shit load of gold..

I totally understand the guy.. if a new player dont want to gather/craft (since it gonna take 300% more time to reach t6 since patch#7) and only PvE.. he gonna need his credit card as soon he's gonna PvE on a PvP zone cuz he wont be able to generate enough money (here im thinking about soomeone paying a subscription and trying to upg his island.. cuz thinking of a new player trying to keep his premium up via silver, with the new IG cost + upgrading one single island is...)

Meanwhile the old player can generate enough money only by logging 1-2 hours per day to sub at least 3 character with the islands profitsand buying more island for 50% more silver... Meanwhile a new playwer cannot catch up a old player without buying a shit load of gold..

PS: still ur first point there was no respect system, i still cannot believe u dont see how funny it is.. the guy have problem generating money ur telling him u were not losing 80% of ur silver with a respect model a yrs ago.. let me guess they added the respect mecanic when u were already 400 spec? :D

PS2: I would change the title for no point only playing pve with the new taxe rate as a new player better to log on league of trolls.. even if u pay for ur subscription.. u wont generate enough money to be competitive on the sandbox zone (the BZ) after a couple defeat ur gonna end up in non artefact items, non enchanted #freshmeat while the old players gonna steam roll you with their islandsss profit
      You have the wrong mindset here.

You see that most things are way more expensive in silver cost right now because of inflation.
      Basically there are way more silver in the game right now than before and way more silver generation right now, so the gold price went up.

There is a system in game where gold price scales the cost of system "merchants".
      For example:
      • island price
      • repair cost
      • seed/ farmable items prices
      • registers prices
      • attacks costs
      This system is called global discount. The point of global discount is to scale the silver sinks according to the gold price:
      When gold hits 1000 silver / u the prices of listed services go up
      When gold hits 2000 silver / u the prices of listed services reach their maximum.

Over that, the price is fixed. Historically gold never reached such high value (2k +) in about 4 years of alphas / betas / release (IIRC never even reached 1k before 1 year past release).

The reason why it went so high is because silver generation went up and up while silver sinks scaling was too low in comparison.

As soon as gold price went higher than 2000 silver/u the price of the listed services above became technically cheaper the higher gold went, since it means that more silver was in the game, so silver was losing in value as gold went up and the price remained fixed.

It means that buying from NPCs with silver was becoming cheaper and cheaper since silver was cheaper.

When is say "silver was cheaper" i mean that getting X silver takes way less time now than before.

In other terms: island price while gold price is at 4k is about 2 times cheaper in value than island price while gold is at 2k.

Now they added additional silver sinks by adding 50% to some of the services silver prices meaning that at a 3k gold rate prices would be exactly the same as at 2k gold rate for this services.

Now there is another issue: gold price is high and was getting higher and some things have a price in gold, so gold price needs to be reduced to <2k silver/u to have everything working correctly.
      I'm talking here about things such as premium.
      Gold price went down since silver sinks did their job, and so did premium price.
      Silver generated is still super high but silver sinked is higher now, hence premium is easier to afford if you don't use more money in the sinks.

About respec:

First of all respec system appeared around april 2018 and I had about 100 specs on my main spec by then.

AFAIK the silver cost of the respec system is fixed, meaning that using the system when silver has a low value is cost efficient but using it when it has high value is super expensive.

In other words, since you know that gold price went high fairly recently, it means that it was way more expensive in "gold value" to use respec before since there was way less silver in the game.
      The good part of the system is that it's never necessary to use it and it's a nice QoL system for people who want to put the price in it. It also allows you to gain 20% fame for free if you turn it off if you didn't know.

About progression & income setup:
      Is it really harder now to level up a gatherer?

In terms of gathering progression since launch:
      • You have more LPs now to spend when you buy your 1st premium
      • You can have LPs without premium
      • Fame requirements to unlock higher tools have been reduced
      • Now Yellow and Red zones have the highest enchantment rates on resources in the game
      • Now T2 / T3 / T4 / T5 spawn respectively 142.5%/200%/250%/85% faster
      it is actually WAY easier to level up a tool now.

In terms of crafting & setting up an island is it harder now?
      • Now studying items give 2x the amount of fame of the craft
      • Side cities have crazy return rates on specific items
      • most monopolies on crafting stations have been broken
      • You can now pick up and trade laborers
      • Island costs are 1.25x higher than before
      It seems like it's way easier to me to level up a craft now.

The laborer point is also super important.
      Basically you can now skip the part where you have to level up laborers for 1 month straight and you can just buy them (for pretty cheap actually).
      So the only thing required is a base investment on your part:
      2 T1 guild island which costs about 300k silver iirc.
      2 are enough for 1 full spec crafter focus btw.
      Price of guild island is currently 1.25x higher than before because of the silver value being 1.5x higher than the highest global discount level. (see above reasonning)

So now allow me:

Stop whining on stuff you obviously don't know, because you base your reasoning on irrelevant stuff being a bit more expensive when the goddamn whole game is way easier.
    • Gugusteh wrote:

Stop whining on stuff you obviously don't know, because you base your reasoning on irrelevant stuff being a bit more expensive when the goddamn whole game is way easier.
      the best way to generate money; islands, what u call "irrelevant stuff" being a bit more expensive ("bit more" for Gugu = 50%) *noted*
      are you working for SBI too?

We have 2-3 more way to make money today than u did 2 yrs ago the same way u can keep doing money today *noted*

You hvnt started recently *noted*

Meanwhile, when u say premium give more than it was giving 2 yrs ago and buying gold today u have 2 time the value u had before since u can sell for 4k instead 2k (let's be honest the number u use are not even close to be real) but i got ur point if u pay good money u can catch up while ignoring craft/gathering :D

Question is did AO getting rdy for the asian mobil market ? -.-

The post was edited 2 times, last by KroDuK ().