Forum Captcha / Poorly implemented?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Forum Captcha / Poorly implemented?

Can we please have a discussion about the captcha to login to the forums?

I sometimes have to go through several, 5+ captchas that are extremely slow loading/not performant, to login. This is beyond annoying X(

Yes i have UBlock & Firefox set to disallow tracking through HTML5 canvas, which is probably the primary cause of this overzealous captcha and no I won't turn if off, you literally are the only ones with a forum where i experience this out of 10+ ones i use daily. I'ld rather just go bye bye AO Forums if it doesn't get changed.

SBI I hope you do realise you're turning people away from even bothering with your platforms and the community by forcing these things onto paying customers. I sometimes just close the browser and go "fuck AO" and turn my attention to other things, it's literally a cause as to why I have negative associations to AO :cursing:

My suggestion is to remove captcha req. from accounts that have premium active as it's not an MFA sec. feature anyway. It's purely a method to avoid bots running rampant and it provides literally jack all in terms of account security.