Market: show item prices in all cities

• Market: show item prices in all cities

At the moment, if you are a player interested in trading between royal cities, you have 2 options:

1. You put all your gear in the bank and travel naked to another city. Go to the market and check the price of a specific item. Repeat this for all cities and all items you wish to compare.
      or
      2. You use an external tool (AlbionOnline2D), where the price of an item is shown for all cities. Problem is, the price is almost never up-to-date. It's useful as a reference, but not reliable.

My suggestion is to implement option number 2 in the game, with up-to-date prices. When checking an item in any city, you would see something like this:

Each color represents a royal city, and the number is the average price for the item in that city.

I believe this would encourage players to trade a lot more, resulting in more transports between cities, more ganks, a more dynamic world.
      In my opinion you shouldn't have to use external tools or waste time doing a repetitive chore just to check prices. You can send letters in game to other players, why would markets not be able to send prices to each other?
    • If possible, another idea could be to, instead of prices, have buttons for each city. Then when you click the city it gives you that same info tab, but for that cities inventory. Then you get all of the information from the tab, rather than just one or two prices and no volume information. It could be a drop down to, that lets you have all the markets if you really want. Rather than as many buttons as you have room for.
      Discord: Piddle#7413

The post was edited 1 time, last by Piddle ().

• DeathGuardian wrote:

I disagree. Theres a lot of ppl who does a lot of money transporting itens and stuffs from one city to another.
      If u have this tab, u just can go easily to that city and just buy, ruining the investment the carrier did before to make money.
      So you're basically worried that if more people trade, it will ruin trading for current traders?
      Well, then tell me, why does trading work in real life, even though everyone knows the prices?

Each royal city is located in a region that is lacking a certain natural resource, and also each city has a unique bonus to refining & crafting. There's always going to be a difference in the supply & demand of items between the cities.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Adrivan ().

• Great idea, please Devs, hear this man out!

Also, people that are saying that its a bad idea probably dont even think about doing transports thenselves or are just afraid of changes.

It's a great idea, with this everyone will know what zone needs his resources and then feel more inclined to risk the travel and invest his time for the chance of profit. Generating more ganking opportunities, resources sinks (cuz death and trashing, a lot of gankers just trash some resources that they can carry or dont feel they are worth it), market balance, etc.
    • DeathGuardian wrote:

I disagree. Theres a lot of ppl who does a lot of money transporting itens and stuffs from one city to another.
      If u have this tab, u just can go easily to that city and just buy, ruining the investment the carrier did before to make money.

Sas3bg wrote:

I dont think idea it is good. Its better to chech markets and find the best trades alone.
      Think about it for a second. Checking prices takes time right? When you consider all the fast traveling around from city to city, the time consumer isn't the traveling, it is the price checking.

All this does is remove the need to FT around. So unless you think that walking to the Travel Planner and teleporting to another city, then walking to the that city's market, is valuable game content. Having all the pricing information available in each city is essentially no different at all.

The actual restriction to trading is how inefficient finding the information is due to the games UI. It isn't the teleporting around. This is simply a QoL change and will have little impact on peoples ability to use their big brain 200 IQs to make those huge trading gains.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • Ruukio wrote:

It doesnt matter what takes longer. What matters is that if this shit gets implemented into the game most money made via royal city trades will disappear cuz everyone will be able to check what sells the best in which city without any bigger effort. Its one of the worst ideas ive seen in this forum lol.
      So your logic is let a few people make lots of money, instead of many people make less money (which shouldn't be a lot less tbh)? Ok, i see.
    • Do you want just one auction house price? Cuz this is how you get one.

I do believe that the people who trade market flip and support this change will be reducing their potential income, not increasing it.

The people that come out of this on top would be the whales resetting market prices in any discount city, not transporters.

Next up there would be a little window that shows the fast travel cost so you’d know if you could insta-buy and flip for no risk at all.
    • MEATCUP wrote:

Do you want just one auction house price? Cuz this is how you get one.

I do believe that the people who trade market flip and support this change will be reducing their potential income, not increasing it.

The people that come out of this on top would be the whales resetting market prices in any discount city, not transporters.

Next up there would be a little window that shows the fast travel cost so you’d know if you could insta-buy and flip for no risk at all.
      Fast travel with any significant amount of resources on you is never worth it. The differences between cities is not that huge.
      This will indeed contribute to equalizing prices between cities, but only as long as people keep trading. That means there will be constant trading to keep these prices equalized. If not enough people are trading, significant differences will appear once again.

It is up to the players to decide if trading is worth their effort or not. If players decide its not worth their effort, then price differences will increase and players will find it is worth trading again.
    • MEATCUP wrote:

Yeah well said. I aint no albions whale but ive made most of.my silver through trading and i would be hella upset that shit gets into the game
    • Adrivan wrote:

MEATCUP wrote:

Fast travel with any significant amount of resources on you is never worth it. The differences between cities is not that huge.This will indeed contribute to equalizing prices between cities, but only as long as people keep trading. That means there will be constant trading to keep these prices equalized. If not enough people are trading, significant differences will appear once again.

It is up to the players to decide if trading is worth their effort or not. If players decide its not worth their effort, then price differences will increase and players will find it is worth trading again.
      Hard equips, not resources, aren’t nearly as costly to fast travel transport, and where I suspect a lot of price averaging will first occur. I should have specified.

I think we are in general agreement on how it works, IE trading is what keeps prices level over time, but not on why it’s profitable. Anything that makes a rational financial decision easier will reduce margins for both parties. I’m not a fan of anything that reduces or removes options for additional work to reward more money.