Sword W ability.. "Block". 4 in 1.?

    • I'm one of the first who whined for 8 sec ( forum.albiononline.com/index.p…?postID=933579#post933579 ) and complained for 12 sec ( forum.albiononline.com/index.p…ords-are-now-very-strong/ ) cooldown.

      I think it's still the best W ability on the whole game, doing actually everything.
      Also the mana cost it's inferior of raging blades or other comparable abilities with this utility.

      I accept the fact that swords without it are garbage, but I would suggest:
      - increasing the CD to 18-20 sec, to make it as a real skill shot;
      - putting some love on the other W abilities (they are garbage right now);

      Another suggestion for the devs.
      You ruined hunter hood vs 1h curse only to defend the invul+reflect on parry strike, making the E of 1h curse non reflectable.
      I think this is not the way to balance items, and the reason a lot of players are running guardian helm now.
    • Fact: you speak about me and my post only when I'm on the parry strike topic. It happened last time, and a nerf happened suddenly, when you thought it was all OK and balanced.

      Lore about you (I see your videos) is that you like this kind of imbalanced situation, as you immediately abandoned for example soldier armor plus dagger when the chest piece was partially nerfed.

      In another major patch's thread you were stating that the 20 % increasing on HP pool and speed buff would ruin all the game aspects and abilities :D
      Obviously ruining your 1 shot cheese build.


      My thought:
      You have some problem on text comprehension. Or you have some problem on explaining your thoughts with me. Maybe you didn't remember I already answered you, on this exact topic ages ago.

      On my first post, have you ever heard about irony? Did your real whining on those threads prevent some change that was happening?
    • Gibba wrote:

      Fact: you speak about me and my post only when I'm on the parry strike topic. It happened last time, and a nerf happened suddenly, when you thought it was all OK and balanced.
      Read again what i was typing in this and other threads more closely , and what i was suggesting , including my total view on item balance.
      -----------

      Gibba wrote:

      Lore about you (I see your videos) is that you like this kind of imbalanced situation, as you immediately abandoned for example soldier armor plus dagger when the chest piece was partially nerfed.
      My main acc was banned for Gold Market Exploit (since first day of FTP) , and it is the only reason why im not playing this build since then , because now it needs +300 spec on each item + it is a bit expensive.

      P.S Oh and i remembered , when Demon cape was added to the game , i was the first on forum who was telling about how it was overpowered/broken on stun lock builds , but everyone laugh , the same how you are now. And btw - it was core concept of my one shot build. So make conclusions buddy , make conclusions. What do we have now? Plenty of one-shot "mixed" builds via this cape.
      -----------

      Gibba wrote:

      In another major patch's thread you were stating that the 20 % increasing on HP pool and speed buff would ruin all the game aspects and abilities :D
      Obviously ruining your 1 shot cheese build.
      And im still stand on it. You know why? Because such changes should be added to the game very wisly , taking into account EACH skill shot , and other similar spells due to MS buff. This Hp buff changed potion meta drastically (including all previous changes) , same as many other builds/weapons and %damage spells. And not only one shot builds - it affected everything , as i predicted . The only reason why im telling you this , is that you got lack of knowledge, you just cant understand the consequences. It is not your fault , but typing me such reproaches - making me smile ;) . Wona fun fact? One shot builds still exist , and they are in perfect state.

      -----------

      Gibba wrote:

      Did your real whining on those threads prevent some change that was happening?
      Thats the difference between us. You care only about drama and crying , without proper arguments.

      And im trying to help ,as an active member of Albion community. Answering on your question - Yes , it did (click on me)

      On top of that there were plenty of changes that were not implemented to the game because of community wrath , and the most important - with proper arguments.
      ---------

      The post was edited 3 times, last by Equart ().

    • While there is no doubting the sword W has a lot of utility the actual ability itself is stationary and does not hit immediately so if not used well the damage portion of the ability is often negated entirely. With the nerfs it has already had it is in a decent spot to finally make swords viable to play while not being ridiculous OP.
    • Zlexak wrote:

      You forgot damage
      I am not forgot it. Any new ability have damage. Axe (i am axe player) for example. But. I am really hate when "block" ability interrupt Greataxe E skill 4 example. I just dont understand it. Sword have good burst dps, mobility. And + to it sword can interrupt other ability. Its so stupid. U can just run from E of axe alility. But when u can interrupt it too - its so stupid.


      P.S. As i c now - axes are mostly crap weapon in game 4 solo dive/duells etc..
    • sword W (Parry) is still the most OP W ability in the entire game...

      I am going to put a list of abilities that it can counter below (some of which come from very strong and expensive E abilities on Relic weapons), and the fact that it will take me a long time to compile this list speaks for itself.

      To continue on topic - I dont think that the sword W should require further nerfing, but rather, other W's need love. Axe W's suck - they only do 1-2 things for example, while sword does 4. Also having a 15 cd "counter" to most 20-30-40 sec E abilities in the game also feels very broken.

      List of abilities that sword W (Parry) can currently absolutely negate (countering the entire item). Bolded items are Artifact level:

      List in descending order (strongest counters listed first):
      1) Cultist Robe - Levitate. A relic level item, that is generally hard to counter unless you have some stun/silence or knock up/away spell. Should be hard to counter as its a relic, but all swords can do it easily with the W. CD on Parry 15 sec < CD on Levitate 45 sec (TLDR: you can never Levitate when fighting a sword)

      2) Greataxe - Whirlwind. Channeled ability. 20 sec CD. Parry cancels the channel. Pary CD of 15 sec < 20 sec, so you can never WW with Greataxe when fighting any sword. Makes Greataxe useless vs swords.

      3) Infernal Scythe - Bloody Reap. Due to a 2-part damage and non-instant cast (there is a very clear, delayed indicator) - very easy to block and reflect damge back with Parry. Parry CD of 15 sec < 20 sec on Bloody reap - so any sword makes Infernal Sythe E useless as they will always have Parry up before you have Bloody reap up.

      4) Bear Paws - Razor Cut. Same story as Infernal, delayed animation makes a very easy counter for Parry. 30 sec CD on Razor Cut vs 15 sec on Parry - makes it that you can never hit your target with it when fighting any sword.

      5) Dual Daggers - Slit Throat. Delayed animation - makes it easier to counter. 15 sec on Slit Throat = 15 sec on Parry, so some skillplay can actually be used as a counter, but arguably you will never be able to land Slit Throat on any sword as they will always have Parry up unless you are running full CDR and sword user does not.

      6) Claws - Disembowel. Parry will cancel the channel, essentially granting the Claws E useless. 15 sec CD on Parry < 30 sec on Disembowel - makes it clear who the winner is.

      7) Boltcasters - Deathward Climax. Parry will end the channel. 15 sec CD on Parry < 20 CD on Deathward - TLDR you can never use your E on any swords as Boltcasters

      8.)Scholar Sandals - Focused Run (the spell that everyone hates). Parry will interrupt the channel and silence the user. Parry CD of 15 sec < Focused Run CD of 30 sec. This is not as game breaking, but Im throwing it in here as its just the "icing on the cake" for any sword user with Parry unlocked.

      9) All non-insta cast "clap" E abilities of Brimstone, Blazing and Damnation can be cancelled (due to a silence effect on the Parry). In ZvZ this would not be so much of an issue, but in 2v2 or small group or even 5v5 HG this can be a huge issue

      10) New channeled Fire staff W "Fire Artillery" will also be canceled as its a channeled spell. 15 sec CD as well, but still. Icing on the cake for any sword user.

      11) Great Curse E skill - Area of Decay. Also cancelled by Parry. 15 sec CD on Parry < 25 sec CD on area of decay, TLDR - good luck using that if you got a sword in a 5m radius of yoursef

      12) Nature staff (any) - "Revitalize" (W ability). Will be cancelled and hard countered by Parry. 15 sec CD on both - which means sword will always be able to cancel you. Watch my nature highlight video to see me lose a duel to a sword user when using damage oriented "Thorns" build - because I get interrupted every time I try to heal with the W on Nature.

      13) Last but not least - the top Holy staff in 2v2 HG - Lifetouch - "Holy Touch" - channeled so any sword can counter and cancel that. 15 sec cd on both skills, but that just means that every time you try to Holy Touch - the sword user will be ready to interrrupot it.

      Now tell me - why would you play anything else but sword in the current meta if you can hard-counter like 50% of items in the game, half of those being artifact and relic grade items?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Captainrussia ().

    • In my opinion the skill is, YES, overloaded.

      The reflect is just... ????

      Why would a PARRY fully REFLECT a damage.

      Interrupting/silencing also doesn't make a lot of sense.


      This skill, in my opinion, should keep the damage nullification and the damage, and that is it.

      It's a defensive skill, being smart using it save you and block damage. A REFLECT with interrupt made this an offensive skill, making all others useless.



      Basically, i would suggest removing both reflect and silence, adding more damage and increasing a little the duration of the parry. 1.2 seconds or 1.5 seconds would make it interesting, easier to execute, and less punishing for basically everyone else.

      Removing the stand still to keep up with the weapon idea of fast meele would also help to justify the removed mechanics, as this could be used not only agressively (for the damage) or defensively (to retreat while being invencible.)
    • Nyck wrote:

      It's all cheap drama.

      The sword spent months dead and today it's usable.

      The axe was already extremely strong, as well as bow and boltcaster at a time ago.
      Today the sword is meta, it has already taken some nerfes.

      Note: I've never seen anyone crying when the bleeding from the axe was amazingly broken.
      Axe's bleeding have two effects, at most.

      Damage and heal reduction on Qs

      Damage on Ws

      Damage / Heal reductions depending on the axe.


      If there was a bleeding that had Damage, Slow, Interrupt, Heal Reduct i would go against it too.


      Show me ANY OTHER W slot IN THE GAME with 4 effects.
    • It is a hard counter to a lot of stuff thanks to those effects.

      The simple capacity of fully nullifying damage is incredible, but you are STILL able to 100% reflect AND interrupt AND do damage.


      One clear example is comparing it with Splitting Slash, other of his Ws. Its a good skill, with an AoE ranged root with around 160% the damage of Parry Strike.

      Why NO ONE uses it?

      It's simple, Parry Strike efficiency is WAY better, considering the sheer ammount of things it does.
      Comparing a GOOD skill, like splitting slash, with an OP skill, like Parry Strike, generates this kind of effect: No one uses the good skill, because there is an OP skill available in the same slot.

      Just by adding the skill, even nerfed, put sword in the meta. Hell, some comps even bring two swords instead of only one.



      As captain russia already mentioned, it hard counters a lot of stuff, while being a skill that can be used by ANY sword.

      This level of overloading is in the level of an E spell, and is the reason why it is so efficient. Removing the overload, while buffing what is left to it, will make it a fair and balanced skill.

      Again, this is MY opinion in the matter. A W slot skill being a hard counter to many E skills is just lame.



      The only way it would be balanced while keeping all those effects is a WAY longer cooldown, something around 25~30 seconds.
    • Bubby with five halberd killed a zerg.
      So much so that everyone turned halberd at that time, even the nerf of the sbi.


      Note: New players still don't understand how sbi balancing works, this conversation is lost.
      cmon, go back to hector, then come here and talk about balancing with those who play closed beta

      The post was edited 1 time, last by JonhFox ().

    • ImaDoki wrote:

      Why NO ONE uses it?


      It's simple, Parry Strike efficiency is WAY better, considering the sheer ammount of things it does.
      Comparing a GOOD skill, like splitting slash, with an OP skill, like Parry Strike, generates this kind of effect: No one uses the good skill, because there is an OP skill available in the same slot.
      Nope , its not simple and you are wrong.

      Low amount of people use split slash because
      1. Its animation is broken
      2. aoe hit "box" is low
      3. Range is low
      4. Stand time is long
      5. CC effect as root is useless , especially now when CC resist on armors were buffed
      6. Add to this list - MS changes , Ping difference , and try to hit - if you miss atleast 1 W - you are fuc*ed up
      7. And last but not least do not forget CD in 15 sec (for example , when W aoe root on bows got 10 sec cd and high dmg, with much smoother mechanic) , welcome in open world , when each second matters
      Hope now you understand why it is far away from a "good spell"
      ----------------

      ImaDoki wrote:

      The only way it would be balanced while keeping all those effects is a WAY longer cooldown, something around 25~30 seconds.
      And thanks to this suggestion you will kill the whole weapon line , with the only viable skill . Except Galatines , it's E is just strong , they will be always viable in zergs.
      ----------------

      As i said earlier , ill type more counter argumets in defence of parry spell tomorrow , when ill have more time.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Equart ().