[30. October 2019] Percival Patch 9

• [30. October 2019] Percival Patch 9

Percival Patch 9 - Ver. 1.15.387 / REV 152822 - 30 October 2019

Laborer Contracts

Laborers can now be converted into Laborer Contracts. This allows laborers to be moved between buildings and zones, as well as to be bought and sold via the Marketplace. NOTE: contracts will allow you to move, sell or trade the laborer at its current tier, but converting a laborer into a contract will cause it to lose its progress toward the next tier, as well as any journals in progress and unclaimed resources.
      For more details about Laborer Contracts, please see this forum post.

Combat Balance Changes

Cursed Staffs
      • Cataclysm (Damnation Staff):
        • Damage per Tick: 27 → 18
        • Tick Interval: 0.5s → 1s
      Fixes
      • The Tier 3 Lumbermill will no longer wrongly offer an option to transmute Tier 3 wood
      • Enchanted Quiver maximum stack debuff can now be cleansed as intended
      • Fixed audio for Heretic Cart
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Combat Balance Changes

Cursed Staffs

Cool, lets just destroy any viability of curse playing in ZvZ's. You remove the AoE escalation. Then you lower the damage. Yet, here we are with yet another nerf. Guess we get to look forward to another year of not playing damnation staves.

75% damge nerf in one patch. 75%... completely and utterly unbelievable. Can we make it to where when the damnation hits enemies it just heals them? Shoots an aura of rainbows and butterflies? Maybe take the raven off the tip of the staff and add a potato?

The post was edited 1 time, last by jwhite179 ().

• ImaDoki wrote:

jwhite179 wrote:

Valkyrior wrote:

i will take that staff off your hands for 1700 silver or exchange it for a mule . pm m
      Sorry, too high an offer. I'd be ripping you off.
      Damnation was just OP with the recent rework.40% HUGE aoe life here, without being buffed by an arcane, with the wrong boots, without max stacks on helmet, using a 4.0.

Yes it was but now its been nerfed to oblivion :) less damage and less ticks thats a sick nerf. Lets see if we will still see it in zvz
    • jwhite179 wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Combat Balance Changes

Cursed Staffs

Cool, lets just destroy any viability of curse playing in ZvZ's. You remove the AoE escalation. Then you lower the damage. Yet, here we are with yet another nerf. Guess we get to look forward to another year of not playing damnation staves.
      75% damge nerf in one patch. 75%... completely and utterly unbelievable. Can we make it to where when the damnation hits enemies it just heals them? Shoots an aura of rainbows and butterflies? Maybe take the raven off the tip of the staff and add a potato?
      The Cataclysm DoT has AoE escalation. That's why it can create this insane damage pressure. it was pretty busted before the patch, hence the heavy damage reduction. But after this patch you still get a huge area armor debuff and a DoT with AoE escalation.

And the number of ticks is not changed, just the interval. So the DoT now lasts twice as long.

Cheers,
      Retro
    • Retroman wrote:

jwhite179 wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Combat Balance Changes

Cursed Staffs

Cool, lets just destroy any viability of curse playing in ZvZ's. You remove the AoE escalation. Then you lower the damage. Yet, here we are with yet another nerf. Guess we get to look forward to another year of not playing damnation staves.75% damge nerf in one patch. 75%... completely and utterly unbelievable. Can we make it to where when the damnation hits enemies it just heals them? Shoots an aura of rainbows and butterflies? Maybe take the raven off the tip of the staff and add a potato?
      The Cataclysm DoT has AoE escalation. That's why it can create this insane damage pressure. it was pretty busted before the patch, hence the heavy damage reduction. But after this patch you still get a huge area armor debuff and a DoT with AoE escalation.
      And the number of ticks is not changed, just the interval. So the DoT now lasts twice as long.

Cheers,
      Retro
      Clear. This seems like a fair compromise as people have more time to heal its previously insane damage
    • ImaDoki wrote:

jwhite179 wrote:

Valkyrior wrote:

i will take that staff off your hands for 1700 silver or exchange it for a mule . pm m
      Damnation was just OP with the recent rework.40% HUGE aoe life here, without being buffed by an arcane, with the wrong boots, without max stacks on helmet, using a 4.0.

In that video, the user has nearly 2700 HP. I'm assuming that's a 4.3mp with a high spec (should be around 1300 total ip. That's really not an impressive hit tbh. Showing a random video of hitting 10 people does not iterate it's viability in combat. We don't see the other's current health (ie. representative of their ip/spec). Since my coming back to Albion, the highest tick dmg I've seen using my damnation was 68 /.5sec int. A very slow, easily cleansed, or out-healed DoT.

I was referring to an older post, where I had brought up DoTs and AoE escalation, and was told DoT's do not have AoE escalation. I will link the old thread for reference. Regardless, I'm a 380 spec curse, I run 6.2 outstanding damnation, and every ZvZ I used the Spudnation in post patch- I was not visibly seeing an escalation in the damage. At least not a noticeable one. To my understanding, escalation works by % damage increase, so lower base damage would not show a very moderate increase in damage. It would only show after a full burn has elapsed.

Curse Stacks and AoE Escalation Bug?
      ^^^^^
      Me being flamed for saying curse dots/bleeds should escalate.
    • jwhite179 wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

jwhite179 wrote:

Valkyrior wrote:

In that video, the user has nearly 2700 HP. I'm assuming that's a 4.3mp with a high spec (should be around 1300 total ip. That's really not an impressive hit tbh. Showing a random video of hitting 10 people does not iterate it's viability in combat. We don't see the other's current health (ie. representative of their ip/spec). Since my coming back to Albion, the highest tick dmg I've seen using my damnation was 68 /.5sec int. A very slow, easily cleansed, or out-healed DoT.
      I was referring to an older post, where I had brought up DoTs and AoE escalation, and was told DoT's do not have AoE escalation. I will link the old thread for reference. Regardless, I'm a 380 spec curse, I run 6.2 outstanding damnation, and every ZvZ I used the Spudnation in post patch- I was not visibly seeing an escalation in the damage. At least not a noticeable one. To my understanding, escalation works by % damage increase, so lower base damage would not show a very moderate increase in damage. It would only show after a full burn has elapsed.

Curse Stacks and AoE Escalation Bug?
      ^^^^^
      Me being flamed for saying curse dots/bleeds should escalate.

Start seeing @ 1:04 mark.

290 x 6 damage on a MAGE WITH 2700 HEALTH (high ip) not hitting more than 10 players.

1740 damage that covers the whole screen AND armor debuffs by a huge chunk.

There are 3 huge things here, the range, the debuff and the damage. They nerfed the damage. Still high damage and huge armor debuff with okay damage.

Damnation is a pre clap weapon by essence, reduce armor for more damage, not brainless duo wipe (+ arcane).

The weapon WAS overloaded, its more than fair the nerf.

Instead of 100% damage (still possible) in 3 seconds, it will be 66% in 6 seconds, any other weapon adding damage on this debuffed clap will finish the necessary damage to kill.

I was using damnation, and thought it was broken. Now i'll KEEP using it, and i'm sure its still viable.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ImaDoki ().

• ImaDoki wrote:

290 x 6 damage on a MAGE WITH 2700 HEALTH (high ip) not hitting more than 10 players.
      Where did you pull this random 20+ players out of? Spudnation is a highly broadcasted ability, the likelihood of ever hitting 20+ is EXTREMELY rare.

Again, the argument, is that it's a E+W combo, not even counting an E.... Throw in a Rampant, and your Spud completely useless. A bow's deadly shot hitting 20+ will on shot people for the record. A Q ability, one shotting....
      Files
      • heal2.PNG

(87.58 kB, downloaded 2 times, last: )

The post was edited 1 time, last by jwhite179 ().