Alliance Point Sharing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Alliance Point Sharing

With the upcoming event season, we'll be introducing alliance season point sharing. All season points generated will be partially shared with all alliance members. You trade risk (smaller alliances) for rewards (more season points directly for your guild). Alliance Change Cooldown will also be increased to 7 days to make it more difficult to game the system with alliance hopping.

Reason
      Guilds aiming for the top spots in a season had a very big advantage if they were trying to get as many alliance members as possible. Which usually led to mega alliances fighting it out over the top spots. For the next season we want to give an incentive for highly competitive guilds to downscale their alliance size. The intention is to make Season Rankings more about the contribution of individual guilds, instead about alliances which funnel all their resources to push a few select guilds. If the feature will not perform in the way we would like, we will consider removing or alternating it for the next season. But we absolutely would like to test out a feature that creates an incentives for competitve guilds to play in a smaller alliance.

How it works in detail

• ALL Season Points generated are now partially also shared with all alliance members. (this also includes Guild Challenge, etc.)
      • Whenever your guild scores Season Points, these points are then split between the guild directly and all guilds in the alliance:
        • Direct Guild Share: 50% of the season points always go directly to your guild
        • Alliance Share: The remaining 50% are shared across all guilds of the alliance evenly. (including your own guild)
      • All Siphoned Energy generated by Season Points is also shared in the same ratio
      This means that the more guilds are in an alliance, the smaller becomes your own share.

Values

# of members in the allianceRaw points generated (before sharing)Alliance Share per Guild
      (the amount of points each guild in the alliance gets
      Guild Points (after sharing)
      50% + (50% / alliance members)

Season Points will be rounded and spread across alliance members. (for instance with 33,3 for 3 guilds would be split into: 33, 33, 34)

Example:
      Alliance A has two guilds in it: Guild A and Guild B
      • Guild A gets 200 Season Points (before the sharing)
      • Direct Guild Share: 200 * 50% = 100 Season Points (go directly to Guild A)
      • Alliance Share: 200 * 50% / 2 = 50 Season Points (go to each guild in the alliance: Guild A gets 50 points and Guild B gets 50 points)
      • In total Guild A got 150 Season Points

DISCLAIMER: This feature is currently still in development and details may still change

I am looking forward to your feedback and hope you are all excited for the upcoming standalone Season.

Cheers,
      Retro

The post was edited 13 times, last by Retroman ().

• Retroman wrote:

Novan wrote:

Will there be anyway to track who is sharing more or less points? something like a log but for the points or a tracker
      Yes.
      There will be an alliance wide log of each guild's Season Points generated (before the share). So, alliances can get an overview how much each guild contributes.

Cheers,
      Retro
      Such a great mechanic, glad you guys went all out on this.

Keep us updated to any changes in the thread here please!
    • Funstealer wrote:

how does mage raiding work and crystal GvG work with energy shares? is it now shared into guilds banks? or somthing mage raiding has energy drop this also creates points so the points are shared and the energy is on the ground? or does it go to all banks now
      Mage raiding still drops the energy on the ground. The energy amount is not affected by the alliance. Putting Siphoned Energy directly into your guild bank is also unaffected by the alliance.

Cheers,
      Retro
    • Gank wrote:

Neesh wrote:

What's the point of calling them guild challenges if the rewards are splitted with everyone. The other points however really make sense, but at least keep something like that only for guilds.
      To deter mega alliances?
      Yeah I understand that, that's why I believe most of the measures are aiming in the right direction and they're good. However, I just wanted to point that maybe there should be something for guild only, like the guild challenges, and not sharing everything.

OriginalGangster wrote:

Gank wrote:

Neesh wrote:

What's the point of calling them guild challenges if the rewards are splitted with everyone. The other points however really make sense, but at least keep something like that only for guilds.
      To deter mega alliances?
      He is in ARCH btw. Leech guild looking for leech.
      It seems you guys are a little uncomfortable with us :) Well that shouldn't be strange, since many players from your guild are joining us, looking for a nice place to play, free of people in charge who yell and fine their players. And they're are having tons of fun actually.

Still, your logic is dead wrong, why a leech would complain about something that would get them free points? :)

Gryffyth:Toma tu arma y síguenos en discord.gg/ktrNXWN

The post was edited 2 times, last by Neesh ().

• Neesh wrote:

Gank wrote:

Neesh wrote:

To deter mega alliances?
      Yeah I understand that, that's why I believe most of the measures are aiming in the right direction and they're good. However, I just wanted to point that maybe there should be something for guild only, like the guild challenges, and not sharing everything.

OriginalGangster wrote:

Gank wrote:

Neesh wrote:

To deter mega alliances?
      He is in ARCH btw. Leech guild looking for leech.
      It seems you guys are a little unconfortable with us :) Well that shouldn't be strange, since many players from your guild are joining us, looking for a nice place to play, free of people in charge who yell and fine their players. And they're are having tons of fun actually.
      Still, your logic is dead wrong, why a leech would complain about something that would get them free points? :)
      So something to not deter mega alliances... when the entire premise is to deter mega alliances?
    • I like these changes but I think they should go even further.

I would suggest changing it to:
      • Direct Guild Share: 25% of the season points always go directly to your guild
      • Alliance Share: The remaining 75% are shared across all guilds of the alliance evenly. (including your own guild)

The point scoring guild will still get more points than the other guilds but it is an even stronger deterrent against stacking guilds in an alliance. I think some mega alliance leaders will be okay only getting 50% of the points they used to get, but 25% will go far enough to force real change.

This is certainly still better than splitting 100% of the points across all guilds in the alliance which I believe was the original suggestion many months ago. Many people have been calling for even more extreme measures against alliances like getting rid of them entirely so this is definitely still a compromise.
    • Gank wrote:

Neesh wrote:

Gank wrote:

Neesh wrote:

To deter mega alliances?
      So something to not deter mega alliances... when the entire premise is to deter mega alliances?
      The general rule is to deter mega alliance, but maybe it could have a little exception that doesn't affect a lot the objective of these changes. I mean, you still are sharing other points, you still have zerg debuff, etc.

Let's see how the new system works out.... however I make my point because what's so wrong in having at least ONE thing that is only for your guild? Still this doesn't concern me THAT much, really, I'm just pointing something out. Maybe this system will work better than expected, let's see how this roll.

Gryffyth:Toma tu arma y síguenos en discord.gg/ktrNXWN