Disarray (Zerg Debuff)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Norgannon wrote:

Cakie wrote:

Norgannon wrote:

The debuff continues to feel insufficient to cause small groups to have real possibilities. @Retroman I hope the next invasion day will give you other ideas to keep trying. It is still more of the same. :/
      I can feel the difference when fighting large groups with 10% debuff, fights lasting slightly longer etc.HustlinHitmans are a pretty solid ZvZ team, though. Might be why you aren't seeing any difference?
      I always try to have a slightly broader perspective and not only see our guild as a point of influence for my feedback. When we go roaming with 40+ men and face groups of 20 we literally erase them without losses, I feel it is an abuse and debuff shouldn't work like that. I want a Albion with long-term health, I would not like that only 50+ groups will remain in the game.
      yeah, totally fair!

i just think that you guys are pretty solid at playing, which might be why you're wiping people. we can do some vs 40 on some other guilds that i wont name, but you guys we had a hard time with

definetly needs a bit of a buff? but we just really need that one mechanic in for zoning
    • Norgannon wrote:

Queen is just around the corner and still accumulating numbers is the answer when it comes to a ZvZ @Retroman. :S
      have you tried brining Battle Mounts? (just curious)

I've observed that the inderect (but very important) BM buff with the removal of Dual Swords % HP damage to mounts has propelled BMs to a very good level of usability in ZvZ. And they made a difference. A huge one.

A smaller group with BMs + No zerg Debuff has very good odds vs a larger group that has Dissarray and no BMs. Obviously if the larger group also brings BMs - things change...

I also forsee mass BM spam by large groups as an issue in the future (just drawing parallels with Eve Online), but I guess thats just what it is...
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Norgannon wrote:

Queen is just around the corner and still accumulating numbers is the answer when it comes to a ZvZ @Retroman. :S
      have you tried brining Battle Mounts? (just curious)
      I've observed that the inderect (but very important) BM buff with the removal of Dual Swords % HP damage to mounts has propelled BMs to a very good level of usability in ZvZ. And they made a difference. A huge one.

A smaller group with BMs + No zerg Debuff has very good odds vs a larger group that has Dissarray and no BMs. Obviously if the larger group also brings BMs - things change...

I also forsee mass BM spam by large groups as an issue in the future (just drawing parallels with Eve Online), but I guess thats just what it is...
      We have been trying with BM's beetles and mammoths the enemy also usually brings BM's. If your 60 men fight against 100+, it's CC until they completely eliminate you.
      Now imagine the group of 25 that wants to fight against 50+, the same situation, different scale. The debuff requires another readjustment prior to Queen or we will find bad reviews on Steam and the same old story. ||
    • Norgannon wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Norgannon wrote:

have you tried brining Battle Mounts? (just curious)I've observed that the inderect (but very important) BM buff with the removal of Dual Swords % HP damage to mounts has propelled BMs to a very good level of usability in ZvZ. And they made a difference. A huge one.

We have been trying with BM's beetles and mammoths the enemy also usually brings BM's. If your 60 men fight against 100+, it's CC until they completely eliminate you.Now imagine the group of 25 that wants to fight against 50+, the same situation, different scale. The debuff requires another readjustment prior to Queen or we will find bad reviews on Steam and the same old story. ||
      Add cc duration and CC resistance that denies each other too, the same way less damage and +dmg received.
    • Hi guys.
      I know it could be hard to implement into game but anyway what i think is adding friendly fire for big(zerg) teams.
      So for example if we have 25+ players team it will activate friendly fire for 5%-10%(depending on team size) of total damage\cc time.
      I think it will lead to more tactical game play rather than just spamming all skills into an enemy side.
    • Dimz wrote:

Hi guys.
      I know it could be hard to implement into game but anyway what i think is adding friendly fire for big(zerg) teams.
      So for example if we have 25+ players team it will activate friendly fire for 5%-10%(depending on team size) of total damage\cc time.
      I think it will lead to more tactical game play rather than just spamming all skills into an enemy side.
      Hate that idea and I will tell you why, DPS are always gonna kill there tanks. why you ask? because tanks need to be right in the middle of the fight. FF will just make a big mess. The tanks would need to jump in the fight CC then run for there lives and i don't think it will solve many problems with big fights it will just create major conflit within guilds because team mates will be killing there own guild and no one will be happy about that. Ontop of the lagg problems MAYBE if there was no lagg at all and everything was seemless but lets be real we are a long ways from everyone running seemless

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neef ().

• @Retroman, @Korn and @Eltharyon Merry Christmas!

People want Queen to be the change for the well-being of the game, please don't leave Queen without modifying the Zerg Debuff.

reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…3f6c/open_letter_for_sbi/

reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…out_disarray_zerg_debuff/

The Smart Queue could also be another well used tool, for example, if there are 50 men from "X" alliance on a map, and other alliance "Y" want to enter with 100 that can only join 50 from "Y" to be equitable to "X" and the rest go into queue? The same situation if there were 100 "Y" on a map, and an alliance "X" of 50 would like to enter, it would automatically move 50 of the alliance "Y" and leave them in queue with the "VIP" tag to prevent them from queuing shotcallers or healers that would be assigned directly from the guild roles.
    • Neef wrote:

Dimz wrote:

Hi guys.
      Hate that idea and I will tell you why, DPS are always gonna kill there tanks. why you ask? because tanks need to be right in the middle of the fight. FF will just make a big mess. The tanks would need to jump in the fight CC then run for there lives and i don't think it will solve many problems with big fights it will just create major conflit within guilds because team mates will be killing there own guild and no one will be happy about that. Ontop of the lagg problems MAYBE if there was no lagg at all and everything was seemless but lets be real we are a long ways from everyone running seemless
      It doesnt sound too bad idea IMO. Perhaps it could be applied from a higher amount than 25. Something like >100 players of the same alliance in the same map. A small % of the skill´s damage as friendly fire as a secondary disadvantage for huge zergs.
    • OriginalGangster wrote:

@Retroman, @Korn and @Eltharyon Merry Christmas!

People want Queen to be the change for the well-being of the game, please don't leave Queen without modifying the Zerg Debuff.

reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…3f6c/open_letter_for_sbi/

reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…out_disarray_zerg_debuff/

The Smart Queue could also be another well used tool, for example, if there are 50 men from "X" alliance on a map, and other alliance "Y" want to enter with 100 that can only join 50 from "Y" to be equitable to "X" and the rest go into queue? The same situation if there were 100 "Y" on a map, and an alliance "X" of 50 would like to enter, it would automatically move 50 of the alliance "Y" and leave them in queue with the "VIP" tag to prevent them from queuing shotcallers or healers that would be assigned directly from the guild roles.
      Why should it be so complicated? I believe the easier and simpler solution is to cap the amount of players sharing alliance per map to something like 100.
    • Neef wrote:

Dimz wrote:

Hi guys.
      Well, lets improve this idea a little bit :)
      What if members of same group will ignore FF.
      So it's mean that 100 players from same guild\alliance should split theirs man power by groups and try to avoid spam skills into another group direction.
      All this will lead to more interesting game play with ZvZ where the right coordination will be required.
    • Dimz wrote:

Neef wrote:

Dimz wrote:

Hi guys.
      Well, lets improve this idea a little bit :) What if members of same group will ignore FF.
      So it's mean that 100 players from same guild\alliance should split theirs man power by groups and try to avoid spam skills into another group direction.
      All this will lead to more interesting game play with ZvZ where the right coordination will be required.

Party-based friendly-fire? I like it! :)