Disarray (Zerg Debuff)

• Once debuff hits 15%+, galatines are just straight useless, as they cannot be beamed, nor have survivability or constant damage, and giant alliances don't really give a damn about disarray. Galatines were meant to put a pressure on cloths and right now brimstones and their alike are at their peak because of beamers.
      Are you going to address this problem anyhow or galatines are now meant for very small scale fights?

streamable.com/cwilu
      streamable.com/3af6i

The post was edited 1 time, last by kmwtw ().

• kmwtw wrote:

Once debuff hits 15%+, galatines are just straight useless, as they cannot be beamed, nor have survivability or constant damage, and giant alliances don't really give a damn about disarray. Galatines were meant to put a pressure on cloths and right now brimstones and their alike are at their peak because of beamers.
      Are you going to address this problem anyhow or galatines are now meant for very small scale fights?

streamable.com/cwilu
      streamable.com/3af6i
      What ure saying? Look the huge amount of dmg ure doing in these clips. Debuff its a joke buddy, biggest zerg still winning no matter what.
    • OriginalGangster wrote:

kmwtw wrote:

Once debuff hits 15%+, galatines are just straight useless, as they cannot be beamed, nor have survivability or constant damage, and giant alliances don't really give a damn about disarray. Galatines were meant to put a pressure on cloths and right now brimstones and their alike are at their peak because of beamers.

streamable.com/cwilu
      streamable.com/3af6i
      What ure saying? Look the huge amount of dmg ure doing in these clips. Debuff its a joke buddy, biggest zerg still winning no matter what.
      Yeah, but what's the point of the damage if they heal right back up? It's barely possible to work with the rest of the zerg as a galatine player. You're glass cannon, you're not meant to have sprint on your shoes and it takes about 6 seconds for you to stack up, most of the times that's when enemy counter-engages and as a melee in front line with zero survivability, you can take your hands off the desk as you're almost certain to respawn in the Caerleon. Not to mention defensive locus that enemy might cast that purges all your stacks.

Meanwhile, competent ranged cloth bombers:
      reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…n_todays_fight_in_torrid/
    • The debuff did nothing at all except change the meta, zerging is still better than not zerging.

Now people will go with safer bombs, like Brim, which can be beamed, instead of melees... also healing is even more important now because it's easier to save people after a clap, while before the damage debuff it was usually just 1 shot.

I like the lower damages btw, I think it should be even lower to be honest, no skill should 1 shot 10 guys. AoE skills should be drastically nerfed, but that is another topic.

I think that the main lesson we learned today is that Disarray did literally nothing to stop or reduce zergs, the only change that might happen are alliances being more elitist towards new players that are trying to ZvZ, which just adds toxicity to an already toxic game... I heard a lot of harassment towards people wearing 5.1 or flat 6 gear today because they were "debuffing" the main players of the guild.

I stil think that the best and only solution is completely removing alliances, let people do non aggression pacts, but the players will still be able to attack each other.

Alliances are a terrible system and most guilds that are in an alliance hate each other, it's just for convenience... it just dumbs down the game and destroy the fun of ZvZs with lag.
    • In addition to the complaints of the rest and all the feedback that was given in this regard. SBI should open a public vote on the forum to see what PvP content the playerbase likes most. I am sure that there will be an immense number of players who like fights under 30 vs. 30. This is your chance to provide a new and fun gaming experience in the open world, please take advantage of it.

@Retroman, @Eltharyon, @Mytherceria. :!:
    • Devastate wrote:

Alliances are a terrible system and most guilds that are in an alliance hate each other

Not always. :) I think alliances are a good thing overall. Rather, I'd consider the current realmgate system; it's just too easy to mass players and put them wherever you want.

If, instead, zergs were forced to muster within the black zone and not in royal cities, allied zergs would be far more geographically restricted, and come with downsides. You could ally with 100 guilds, but unless they all had their bases next door, massing with them for an event would be much harder. And if they did all live next door, you've got immense competition for resources. :)

That's how I'd approach solving the problem, anyhow. :)
    • The thing that wonders me, everyone with brains gave feedback even with numbers on paper, debuff is not enough, n+1 still the most successful approach, this will change / help nothing..

Result as predicted, exactly as 95% of all comments said..

I wonder why SBI seems not to be willing to listen?

They intentionally, even with full warnings crash the car and not reach destination

Why?
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

The thing that wonders me, everyone with brains gave feedback even with numbers on paper, debuff is not enough, n+1 still the most successful approach, this will change / help nothing..

They intentionally, even with full warnings crash the car and not reach destination

Why?
      I'd pay 5k if you could make a post that did not include "n+1"
    • MEATCUP wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

The thing that wonders me, everyone with brains gave feedback even with numbers on paper, debuff is not enough, n+1 still the most successful approach, this will change / help nothing..

Why?
      I'd pay 5k if you could make a post that did not include "n+1"
      can't as it is the root cause of everything that sucks..mega alliances, zone cap, zergs, lag..
    • I think that this disarray thing is the worst possible solution because it dynamically changes the meta without you being able to control it.

Galas for example are great if there is no disarray, but once you have 15-20% they are useless... so you have this constant shift in the meta as allies enter or leave the map, that is just stupid.

They should just get rid of it to be honest, it already proved to be another waste of development time...

Delete all alliances and comment out the API that is used to create new alliances for one reset, one special "no alliances" weekend, and let's see what happens. It literally takes 30 minutes of development time and is something that a bunch of people have been asking since ever.

Now that we have a bunch of resets is the perfect time to test aggressive solutions, if you guys waste this opportunity just tweaking the disarray buff numbers you will achieve nothing and just further add complications to the game.

You are constantly breaking your own legs and then you waste time building crutches... you make a bad system and then you stack another bad system on top of it to fix the previous one.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Devastate ().

• Well I dunno how the decision making process works but it can't be on player recommendation here, as literally 90% say cap alliance.

And as you said, instead of doing the obvious they come with 1000 other things

Friendly fire, point split, debuffs, whatever you name it..

Why? Why not simply use a hammer to put the nail in the wall???

You investigate a wall that has an automatic opening that is operated by a dynamic autonomic screw driver .

Wtf

Just take an hammer and put the nail in the wall

Aka

Just cap alliance at a total of 100 players

Done
    • Disarray is just another ill-conceived band-aid fix as opposed to addressing the problem head-on.

It's clear that this game wasn't designed to have 2-10k thousand person alliances, and yet here we are. By catering to casual players, we've endured through mega alliances season after season and finally our voices are heard loud enough for SBI to actually do something and this is what we get...

Just hard cap or remove alliances, rip the band-aid fix out and perform the necessary surgery the game needs. It's only going to get worse when open world zergfests dictates territory control.
    • Kinda off topic, but... Alliance system should be revamped. Instead of the current system, individual contracts between two guilds could take place, for a silver cost (sink).

There may be different types of contracts: for instance, 1- trade (allows friendly-fire in the open world, but has lower fee and allows for crafting associate taxes in both town and island plots); 2- combat (does not allow friendly-fire in the open world)

The important thing is the contracts must be renewed from time to time and the silver sink applied once again. In addition, the contracts must be signed by all pairs of guilds in the alliance (say guilds A, B and C want to form an alliance; thus there must contracts signed by "A and B"; "A and C"; and "B and C") - this should discourage forming huge alliances.
      T8 gatherer and bad healer.
    • After the reset can we all agree the numbers did little, there was little noticed effect on our battles yesterday

I would like to add another debuff

Movespeed debuff - real world large groups are hard to move because albion players and mount can clip through eachother there is no real issue with moving around

I would have it scale at 1/5 rate so 5% zerg debuff = 1% movespeed loss ||| at 30% debuff = 6% movespeed loss

If not this ^ then we could just make players and mounts have collision [this would be huge change] only certain mechanics would be able to dash through such as a cleaver strike or blinks could go through players and mounts It would increase the need for coordinated strikes because chokes would litterally stop players from moving through or retreating if blocked

here is a link to Collision in Feedback

The post was edited 1 time, last by blappo: added link ().