Disarray (Zerg Debuff)

• Disarray (Zerg Debuff)

New

With the upcoming standalone season, we will introduce Disarray, a Zerg Debuff mechanic. The idea here is to create a trade-off for bringing massive amounts of players. This way we want to encourage players to have more fights with smaller and better organized groups, instead of over-emphasising the sheer amount of players alone.

How this works
      • If more than 25 players of the same alliance are in the same cluster they all get a debuff: Disarray
      • This debuff reduces: Damage, Healing Output and CC Duration of all alliance members in the cluster
      • The more players the alliance has in the cluster the stronger becomes the Disarray debuff
      • This feature will be launched with the upcoming event season
      • The debuff only applies to guilds / alliances. Groups of blue players on Royals or faction flagged players are not affected.

Debuff Thresholds
      The strength of the debuff depends on the number of allies you have, starting at a very low value, and growing stronger the more allies there are.

Ally Count
      Debuff Strength
      1%
      2%
      3%
      4%
      5%
      6%
      7%
      8%
      9%
      10%
      11%
      12%
      13%
      14%
      15%
      16%
      17%
      18%
      19%
      20%
      21%
      22%
      23%
      24%
      25%

While we know that this system can be circumvented by breaking alliance / guild, this tradeoff makes the system act as a disincentive to simply mindlessly bringing more players and forces guild commanders to think about the effectiveness of their army. But if you split your forces like this to avoid the effect, you’ll have to deal with the organisational overhead and friendly fire between the fighting groups.

DISCLAIMER: This feature is currently still in development and details may still change

I am looking forward to your feedback and hope you are all excited for the upcoming standalone Season.

Cheers,
      Retro

The post was edited 10 times, last by Retroman ().

• New

Disarray stacks on top of the already current anti-zerg mechanic we have in-game right now?

And does the % stay the same whenever the fight was started, for example;

BA has 110 people in the zone, so starting they have a 20% debuff.

ARCH has 170 in the zone, so starting they have a 25% debuff.

BA kills 69 of ARCH leaving them with 101 players in the zone, would the debuff scale down to 20%? Or would it stay the same throughout the fight? And if yes, does it scale down per person killed/removed from the zone or is it on a timer?

clap
    • New

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Disarray stacks on top of the already current anti-zerg mechanic we have in-game right now?

BA kills 69 of ARCH leaving them with 101 players in the zone, would the debuff scale down to 20%? Or would it stay the same throughout the fight? And if yes, does it scale down per person killed/removed from the zone or is it on a timer?
      It most likely scales down as people zone in and out. That is my guess.
    • New

Increased damage taken would help deal with large groups that are sending a few people at a time to interrupt an objective. It sounds like the territory capture zvz/gvg mechanic in queen will involve completing a moderate-long channel. Output only debuffs would not make you less effective at diving in to get any amount of damage onto a player channeling in order to interrupt.
    • New

Robinhoodrs wrote:

The debuff is re-evaluated in a 10s interval and updated to an alliance current member size. So, yes. It will update multiple times during a battle.

Gank wrote:

Is the cc duration debuff reducing your own cc duration or is it reducing your CCR?
      It is reducing the duration of your own CC abilities, not your CCR. So the effectiveness of your tanks gets scaled down for big groups, like their damage & healing output.

Cheers,
      Retro
    • New

Haven't you forgotten a zero in each damage %?

This numbers look ridiculous for me, the objective of that is to make the new zvz mechanics more even. If we go 25 guys, and you go 50 only losing 9% of the dmg... doesn't fix anything.

Imagine a real scenario... you have to fight for a territory or something... you bring 25? or 50? I go 50 for sure, i don't care about losing 9% of the dmg, even 60 o 70, i don't care at all with those numbers.

For me it should be like... 50 players = 40% debuff then I've a hard decision... 25 with 0% or 50 with 40% debuff? probably 50 still win but is it worth?
      - Be water my pleb.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Whin ().

• New

Whin wrote:

This numbers look ridiculous for me, the objective of that is to make the new zvz mechanics more even. If we go 25 guys, and you go 50 only losing 9% of the dmg... doesn't fix anything.

Imagine a real scenario... you have to fight for a territory or something... you bring 25? or 50? I go 50 for sure, i don't care about losing 9% of the dmg, even 60 o 70, i don't care at all with those numbers.
      Yes it does, it's actually huge.

Just look at City Plot GvG's, owner gets a 5% buff and that's only in a 5v5 and they're at a massive advantage over the other team.

clap
    • New

Equart wrote:

@Retroman If this will not help drastically in short-long period of time , are you considering to change this debuff in future? For example , as i was typing higher - increased taken dmg on x% , even instead of few current effects that you showed us today.
      It is totally possible that we will evaluate the exact values, stats and player requirements over time. Depending on how happy we are with how the current situation plays out, we might make further adjustments.
    • New

I'd suggest that by 50 total people it should be around a 10-12% debuff and then increasing by 2%. By 70 people, the debuff should be 18-20% and by 100+ people it should be 25-45%.

By the time you're hitting these high numbers, players start to experience crazy lag (with zvz settings on), and I feel this should help out in those fights. This should allow the fights to also be won with teamwork and strategy vs. Zerg numbers. Not that numbers are always everything, but they help. This also allows guilds to shoot for a decent amount of active members to still be a contender for territories.

With the current percentages, you're not setting a punishment for bringing the highest numbers to the fight.

The post was edited 3 times, last by MMOLIFE: Changing percentages ().

• New

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Whin wrote:

Yes it does, it's actually huge.
      Just look at City Plot GvG's, owner gets a 5% buff and that's only in a 5v5 and they're at a massive advantage over the other team.
      Yea, but that is a controlled 5v5 secenario, they are only 5 guys no matter what. Of course this is an advantage over the other 5 guys.
      Iam pretty sure 100 ppl with 19% are still way stronger then 70 with 13%.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Zarxy ().

• New

what if you have 26 players, and then next to them you have another 26 players. does the debuff apply as 1%+1% for each of them and then adds them together to debuff them for 9% for a total of 11%? or does it multiple so that (1%+1%)*9% which is 18% for both of the groups?
      i think we need more complex so that for each player, so if a player who was in a zone with 170 players(which is a debuff of 25%) zones cluster with 27 players (2% debuff). it should accumulate and add up and overtime it reaches 100%, this way it encourages people to stay in one zone rather than go around zones and provide support to other groups.
      this way players of same alliance will stick to their own fights rather than have a cluster of chaos and people not know where to go.