Disarray (Zerg Debuff)

• Oshien wrote:

You want to fix zergs and eliminate the debuff?

First remove alliances, may even want to reduce guild sizes. The game at this time just can't handle that many people.

Second, remove all guilds tags and character names in the black and mist zones. Basically all identifiable marks besides health and mana bars (From people not in your guild) and let the true disarray begin. Some people may try to organize several groups but friendly fire will be awesome. Handholding in the dark will lead to a lot of people being punched in the face.
      @Retroman @Korn @Nesnes
      Please do this.
    • What I really want as a new player is to be able to name my mount. And I wish I could have petted her and stroked her ears but there was always something in the way preventing that.

Because my favorite stag deserved it, and now that she's been ganked away from me I feel much more empty than when I lose a dagger or cheap boots.

What if she is for sale by that cretinous thief on some market.. in a city that.. I've never been to? Or worse...what if she's being sold on the black market? The moment they notice that he is a she.. oh no its over. And it was me who glued those antlers on her warm head bonnet so Ben Mage and the soldiers wouldn't turn us away when we we needed the bread...

Ha'aji I love you. I will find you. Hang on.

Help me to help Ha'aji. Please. The way my story is going, this is more important than waiting in some antithetical game queue.
    • Midgard wrote:

BreadPirate wrote:

Ha'aji I love you. I will find you. Hang on
      Ha'aji probably trashed and is dead. My condolences.
      Thank you for your support.

As a solo gatherer I am continually gangraped by gangs of 5, 6 ,7 or more players at once in BZ. This 'Learned Helplessness' condition (forced upon many many other AO players beside myself) is seriously rotten shit for SBI or anyone else to promote under the disguise of a 'game' and especially heinous to be doing to any children.

Why is there no debuff/balancing to help reduce the daily gangrape.
    • Long Time ago the Devs said when you play albion solo you should not be able to compete.
      They wanted to reward working together with other people.

This is how it is supposed to be, learn to become greater by working with other people. these gank groups are usually very weak and walk away after you lured them into your teammates twice and never come back. and if they are willing to fight then you have good content. Only thing preventing is for people to misunderstand this game as you can just log in to have some fun - no this is not the purpose of the game, play something else for those times, albion is for being serious and concentrated and working together with others which of course is not easy. it is possible though, for most players, you can do it! try it!

cheers
      Aaooouuuu!!! [VVolfpack] is recruiting brave Warriors. Disc:v3gPFU7yzz
    • BreadPirate wrote:

Thanks for taking the time to share your perspective @jack12
      Dont accept it obviously. Fight the Fuckers, take their shit, claim your land with your brothers, let the gankers know not here, not us. And soon you will actaully welcome groups like that bc you can have a fight.
      Aaooouuuu!!! [VVolfpack] is recruiting brave Warriors. Disc:v3gPFU7yzz

The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight: I edited out the quote. ().

• Hello, as u predicted, right now to get rid of this system, big alliances breaks into smaller alliances and hand holding during the CTA timers. With the help of discord or other communication apps, arrangements between friendly forces is not a problem anymore and it is even more fearsome than the old school one big zerg. Right now if u are a solo zerg, u will get flank by multiple alliances each has the same size as your. So bringing number is still an undeniable advantage, but it brings no fun, only stress, anxiety.
    • jack12 wrote:

Long Time ago the Devs said when you play albion solo you should not be able to compete.
      They wanted to reward working together with other people.

This is how it is supposed to be, learn to become greater by working with other people. these gank groups are usually very weak and walk away after you lured them into your teammates twice and never come back. and if they are willing to fight then you have good content. Only thing preventing is for people to misunderstand this game as you can just log in to have some fun - no this is not the purpose of the game, play something else for those times, albion is for being serious and concentrated and working together with others which of course is not easy. it is possible though, for most players, you can do it! try it!

cheers
      the game will die on this path. it simply will not generate enough revenue or be that appealing to people as a game. IMO they should make it a game again and not a real life teamwork gang fight simulator.
    • Sedocoi wrote:

looks like N+1 = success is still the formula here huh boys? rofl hit me up for design ideas i could help you unfiltered and hapless minds. 55 dollars an hr though.
      haha, pls fix their broken ideas. The game is super great, but i hate the idea of "bring more friends to win". If we can fix this issue, this game will be the best mmorpg ever