2v2 HG need help!

• 2v2 HG need help!

Hi everyone! Me and a friend of mine switched on this game a few months ago. We are 100% pvp focused, our aim is to have a good success rate in HG, earn enough money to sustain our gear loss etc. Im playing bow (normal bow, hellion, mage robe etc) and hes playing Holy (he prefer smite build). My specialization is about 30/100, and his spec is around 10/100. We cant grind too much. We are running this full t4.1 with t5,1 weapon, usually overcharged. Problem: In blue hellgate we allways win, but in blackzone hellgate (t5 zone) we ALLWAYS lose. Never won a single damn game. I saw many guides / video but this comp seems to not work for us, my damage is too low and i cant make pressure, his healings are too low and we are allways in difensive , he cant keep us up. So my guess is: bow is too counterable (even to i use smoke bomb with hellion while my E buff is up, i cant kill in 4 sec and i get my buff dispelled/ purged right after) and it requires high spec to work (am i right?).
      So i need a few suggestions, how can we be successful in HG? He wants to play Holy (better if smiter), i dont have preferences.. id prefer something that runs well in a t4.1/ t4.2 and cheap obv. Actually i cant sustain higher tear gear even tho im near to unlock t7 equip for bow etc, my only income are solo t5 dungeons + daily expedition. Every tip is well accepted :D
      Thanks averyone in advance! <3
    • Holy smite hinges on aggressive caster which I think requires t6 flat for non artifact holy. I’d double check that.

Holy in general doesn’t jive with hellion bow because holy cannot both keep kiting and heal you with dots under hellion - nature can.

You shouldn’t be super concerned with purges when your CD is so short
    • MEATCUP wrote:

Holy smite hinges on aggressive caster which I think requires t6 flat for non artifact holy. I’d double check that.

Holy in general doesn’t jive with hellion bow because holy cannot both keep kiting and heal you with dots under hellion - nature can.

You shouldn’t be super concerned with purges when your CD is so short
      So what's your suggestion? What we should do in order to increase our success rate in arena? Should i keep bow and change some piece of equipment or should i change weapon directly?
      Thanks
    • you can go full heal with bow since bow deals alot of damage, make sure you reach at leas 1100 item power on items (all but cape), Ive tried this composition with holy healer and bow and ive won sometimes but its not the best composition. And the healer could use fiend robe for the fear. And the holy should use one hand staff or lifetouch.
    • You play bow?

One important thing to know. Outside of tutorial, aka in blackzone hg teams run myltigear.

What does that mean? Most teams will have mage robe for you at least in inventory. Default they wear is fear robe.

Now the difference (and the key) to win at least some games..

In tutorial aka bluezone hg nobody runs away to swap to best gear for situation. In true hg all do, at least before I stopped play that was the case

So - they run, dress mage robe and you damage gets nullified..purged bow is pointless..

So prevent the get out of combat, or try to go in and not get seen before with the bow before final chest..

Second: your specs are redicoulos. Grind these up to at least 80, before stop that, you are wasting gear especially as you run 4.1 over..
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

You play bow?

One important thing to know. Outside of tutorial, aka in blackzone hg teams run myltigear.

What does that mean? Most teams will have mage robe for you at least in inventory. Default they wear is fear robe.

Now the difference (and the key) to win at least some games..

In tutorial aka bluezone hg nobody runs away to swap to best gear for situation. In true hg all do, at least before I stopped play that was the case

So - they run, dress mage robe and you damage gets nullified..purged bow is pointless..

So prevent the get out of combat, or try to go in and not get seen before with the bow before final chest..

Second: your specs are redicoulos. Grind these up to at least 80, before stop that, you are wasting gear especially as you run 4.1 over..
      Interesting, thanks mate.
      Then i should probably switch to another weapon. Could you tell me a few weapons that could work out with holy-smiter? Im trying crossbow and seems interesting, but the gameplay is too boring for my taste. Was interested on halberd, carrion caller, dagger pair, black hands(even tho is too expansive for my pocket). What would you suggest?
    • well, there is different options.

First option that is most cost effective and WILL win you 30 % of all fights is this:

Your friend has to switch to nature, in order to be able to kite. Best be druidic, as it needs almost no spec. Use a shield at start for the druid, a cleric chowl, a fear robe or cleric robe, scholar boots, that you can swap to guardian boots.
      CD Food, resi pot

You for your self go on a kite build: Can be curse, one handed or great curse or even a warbow, but on long range Q and same setup as the druidic.

The tactics is, that you do not fight, but kite. If fight is at chest kill the 3 mobs at stairs, during doing mini bosses clear the way..

You go for ANY double dps combo, you stay far away your healer even further and you just dot them up, double dps will die if you take time..

While doing that you easy afford your equi and your spec rise...

Then you can go full dps great curse ...

And if you face combos you cannot kill, just run away, you have a kite build, try next gate, you will meet a runner or double dps..done

The post was edited 1 time, last by Hollywoodi ().

• Hollywoodi wrote:

well, there is different options.

First option that is most cost effective and WILL win you 30 % of all fights is this:

Your friend has to switch to nature, in order to be able to kite. Best be druidic, as it needs almost no spec. Use a shield at start for the druid, a cleric chowl, a fear robe or cleric robe, scholar boots, that you can swap to guardian boots.
      CD Food, resi pot

You for your self go on a kite build: Can be curse, one handed or great curse or even a warbow, but on long range Q and same setup as the druidic.

The tactics is, that you do not fight, but kite. If fight is at chest kill the 3 mobs at stairs, during doing mini bosses clear the way..

You go for ANY double dps combo, you stay far away your healer even further and you just dot them up, double dps will die if you take time..

While doing that you easy afford your equi and your spec rise...

Then you can go full dps great curse ...

And if you face combos you cannot kill, just run away, you have a kite build, try next gate, you will meet a runner or double dps..done
      ty for answering :D weird how this game has such a huge population yet forum is inactive and there is such a low amount of guide etc.
      The thing is that he really likes holy, while i cant find yet something that suits my playstyle (which has to work with holy too). Im trying crossbow, damage is insane, but i dont like the gameplay. Im wondering if dagger pair could work with holy? Or mby another weapon.
    • Rockoj wrote:

ty for answering weird how this game has such a huge population yet forum is inactive and there is such a low amount of guide etc.
      The thing is that he really likes holy, while i cant find yet something that suits my playstyle (which has to work with holy too). Im trying crossbow, damage is insane, but i dont like the gameplay. Im wondering if dagger pair could work with holy? Or mby another weapon.
      redemption 1h or lifetouch // khelm mage robe gboot // can sub scholar robe

carrion / ddag / bhands / 1h curse
    • MEATCUP wrote:

Rockoj wrote:

ty for answering weird how this game has such a huge population yet forum is inactive and there is such a low amount of guide etc.
      redemption 1h or lifetouch // khelm mage robe gboot // can sub scholar robe
      carrion / ddag / bhands / 1h curse
      Could you give me a dualdagger /carrion build example? I cant figure out how dual dagger can deal with healer+dps. I see dualdagger is very bursty but i dont see it has enough damage over time to put pressure, how should it be played?
    • Bow / healer comp is still strong in 2s, but the gear can get expensive. You need to be running regular bow. I'd suggest hunter hood for reflect or cultist cowl, guardian boots, and resist pot. Fiend robe on healer is pretty much required. Double friend robe is nasty. Pick your targets correctly, watch for reflect or mage robe purge.

Other good things that pair well with healer is broadsword/musiak. Boltcasters/holy. Bear Paws/Holy. I'd say have your healer run lifetouch with mistcaller.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Eldron ().

• Eldron wrote:

Bow / healer comp is still strong in 2s, but the gear can get expensive. You need to be running regular bow. I'd suggest hunter hood for reflect or cultist cowl, guardian boots, and resist pot. Fiend robe on healer is pretty much required. Double friend robe is nasty. Pick your targets correctly, watch for reflect or mage robe purge.

Other good things that pair well with healer is broadsword/musiak. Boltcasters/holy. Bear Paws/Holy. I'd say have your healer run lifetouch with mistcaller.
      Nice thanks for tips :D And which chest armor should i run with hunter if i play with normal bow? I tried mage robe, but still cant understand how to make it effective with dispels, also was thinking about the chest that gives 3 sec immunity, or mercenary hood for flame shield or lifestealing.
    • Rockoj wrote:

Eldron wrote:

Bow / healer comp is still strong in 2s, but the gear can get expensive. You need to be running regular bow. I'd suggest hunter hood for reflect or cultist cowl, guardian boots, and resist pot. Fiend robe on healer is pretty much required. Double friend robe is nasty. Pick your targets correctly, watch for reflect or mage robe purge.

Nice thanks for tips :D And which chest armor should i run with hunter if i play with normal bow? I tried mage robe, but still cant understand how to make it effective with dispels, also was thinking about the chest that gives 3 sec immunity, or mercenary hood for flame shield or lifestealing.
      Mage robe is a good choice, but situational. It will hard counter other bows and casters that rely on fast cast. Cleric robe is a great option, as the immunity can be popped when they are trying to finish you. Hunter Jacket with haste is another option. Guardian boots would be your first line of defense(giant) and reflect on hunter hood. If your healer is good and you are confident you can run poison pot to help you finish the kill, otherwise resist. The other option is fiend robe and you can push people into mobs or use fiend robe to separate your opponents. Ideally if someone is hitting you while you reflect you want that to be your target. Lastly, Thetford cape.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Eldron ().