Solo dungeons with more floors + features

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Solo dungeons with more floors + features

solo dungeons are made too fast and easily skippable for loot, which also raises silver inserted into the economy.

My suggestions:

1. Make them have 1-5 floors, just like group ones, with the possibility of a soloable, yet hard, floor 5 boss just like group dungeons.

Why this??...

Longer dungeons will make skipping less atractive, as it would take more time to get to the end.
      At the same time, this further rewards who open maps, more monsters/fame/chests.
      And there is more, since dungeons are AoE oriented for efficiency, having harder bosses will benefit single target dps.

2. Make it that every floor, at the end, have a boss blocking the next floor entrance. This can be the usual bosses found middle dungeon. With the difference it will be ALONE (no minions) and will not have a chest, but will yield double fame compared to his chest sibling. These bosses will buff the player that kills it a "while inside this dungeon" buff to defense and attack against players, stackable up to 4, each stack giving 2.5% extra attack/def. This way, even with a longer dungeon, the one making the dungeon will have an advantage against divers.

Why this, ImaDoki, sir?

Give single target dps more space in an AoE orientated fame farming meta.

Making skipping the dungeon even less worthy.

TLDR:
      More floors per solo dungeon

A boss blocking the end of each floor, that yields double fame but has no chest.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ImaDoki ().

• ImaDoki wrote:

A boss blocking the end of each floor, that yields double fame but has no chest.
      BTW , this idea is good. But it need allot of work to implement them into the game , we need easier ways/ideas , how to improve solo Rds.

Ill add some thoughts later too about solo random dungeons , we definitely need "some" changes.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Equart ().

• I'm all for anything that makes solo/duo dungeons harder and more interesting. I love the brutal PvP open world and skill based play (not clicking rocks), and I prefer to do it mostly solo/duo/trio.. because the more people involved, the more stalling, waiting, scheduling issues, afk problems, and the things that makes games work instead of fun.

(I should say, the new outlands update has some promising changes that I hope will improve small group outlands activities)

This game hints at the promise of putting awesome solo-challenge gameplay like Diablo, Path of Exile, and Warframe into a brutal open world PVP context... but in reality it doesn't (yet) deliver, because the solo/duo PVE content is just too damn easy. I can solo T5/T6 solo dungeons with T4/T4.1 gear and ~300k fame. And duo T7 solo dungeons in similar gear and fame.. And it's not even hard!

What am I going to do when I actually have the best gear in the game?

I get that this is a PVP game, but that doesn't mean everyone wants to GvG 20v20.. In EVE nullsec for a year and I mostly prefered to do valuable solo belt ratting and spawns (with constant pvp risk), and solo/duo/trio roams looking for those same PVE farmers...

See also, my thread:

forum.albiononline.com/index.p…-Player-PVE-PVP-Dungeons/
    • @ImaDoki It is snowball effect and disproportional risk. I wanted to create one more thread , but ill just tag here @Retroman

Lets start.

The essence of Solo Random Dungeons , as it is in Albion now - is perfect. They should exist + - in the same state as they are now on live servers. But with few remarks.

1. Very interesting meta now around this SRD, especially on High Tier zones (T7 1.2.3-T8 1.2.3). Most people are farming them as 2-3, or even 4 man. Yes , i see this very often. Why people do that? Well , first of all it is clear speed. It is insane - you can clear dung in few mins , with any setups * ( and this is very important - because you dont need to think about efficiency and choose between PvE or PvP build ) and the most important it will not affect your FamePerHour/SilverPerHour profit , if we compare it to solo gameplay. Also it leads to a super safe farm, on top of that you can easy kill all other random players (in this traps) and share loot.
      And the most important - such gameplay create snowball effect , which negatively affect Albion economy (in some sort of). And let's be honest - it is not fair.

NO-NO Don't get me wrong It is SANDBOX.

And it is okay to kill solo player in solo random dungeons via group of other people - 2,3,4 vs 1+ etc. But giving this groups an opportunity to farm this SRD and having same fame/silver/drop profit per hour is not okay, especially if they use Directly PvP orianted builds. There is no flaws in such gameplay.
      ------------------------------------
      So what do i suggest?

------------------------------------

• Make a penalty Fame/Silver/Drop chance if you are in party when enter such solo random dungeons , for -50% if you are as 2 man ( No it is not allot ) It is very fair point , because clear speed is 2x now. For 3 man it is - 60% , 4 man - 70% etc. Do not forget about safety of such farming.

It will not affect gangers. People will still be able to gang and kill people , noone is taking away from you an aspect of a Sandbox Full-loot mmorpg. But this changes should be in the game. On top of that - implementation of such Penalty mechanic into the game is not so hard ( atleast i think so ).

I also thought how it will affect guild and ally members , if they are not in party , but in the same solo dungeon. For example if you want to help a newbie to lvl up weapon/armor mastery. And i do not see any problems in it , in any case someone will waste time (and time is everything) and will not get anything, even if the second person will get profit Per hour a bit faster. It is fair and is a balance part of sandbox game. There is no way how people could abuse this mechanic in a drastically way.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Queen update changes and numbers of T7-T8 zones.

It is very tricky. You know that even now , during a prime time PvP encounters , in T8 zones (which is my opinion are the best place to find PvP ) are in Ok-frequency* . What does it mean? It means you will always find a pvp there in dungeons , but there are cases , when you can farm them non-stop for HOURS and will not find anyone. And i want to make a remark - All this T8 zones are HIGHLY populated , because they are limited.

Ask anyone , if you want to go for a safe fame farm - all will suggest to go in T6-T7 black zones. Because there are tones of such zones , and if you find someone there (mostly T6) - it is very rare.

And now let's imagine - you will add lots of T8 zones , what will happen? People will spread out of all over the world. In-game situation will be + - the same as it is now (with T-6 zones on live servers)
      --------------------------------
      What do i suggest?
      --------------------------------

• Increase despawn time of solo random dungeons, when you leave it - to a 1 minute or even to a 30 sec timer.
      In my opinion it will increase dynamic of different encounters (including PvP activity) in different clasters.
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are some more things i wanted to discuss and suggest , but this 2 higher ^ - are most important in my opinion.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Equart ().

• New

pomuniqorn wrote:

There are just too much safe spots in dungeons, undead being the hardest to skip because of frost magic and scorpions. Environment should be more aggressive than it is if the goal is to prevent skipping. Locking the dungeon level portal with some kind of a boss is a good idea though.

(skipping & robbing chests in elites since ever)
      I want it to be hard to skip, but also add a new degree of small buffs the further you advance into the solo dungeon. Hence the extra buffs per floor boss.
    • New

In all honesty, solo dungeons are stupidly good as they are. You can rush through them effectively earning more fame then going into group dungeons (you do them faster so you can rush through more of them). The loot is...just...over the top. You realize you can get T6+ items in T4 solo dungeons?

Please don't make them any better. If anything, I would rather they removed them from the game. Talk about silver sink. Those things are wrecking the economy.
    • New

Worros wrote:

In all honesty, solo dungeons are stupidly good as they are. You can rush through them effectively earning more fame then going into group dungeons (you do them faster so you can rush through more of them). The loot is...just...over the top. You realize you can get T6+ items in T4 solo dungeons?

Please don't make them any better. If anything, I would rather they removed them from the game. Talk about silver sink. Those things are wrecking the economy.
      My suggestion is a nerf to 'wealth generation' in RDGs, and a buff to 'fame'