Questions

• You can move fame (experience) from your combatskills to other combatskills by turning them into fame credits and then adding the credits to some other skill you want, converting the fame into credits costs silver.

When skill is at 100 you get 20% credits automatically and free of cost, rest goes to waste, but if you then enable the auto-respect function the 80% which would otherwise go to waste also gets turned into credits automatically but it again costs silver. So technically when killing creatures with many skills at 100 and auto respec on you are actually losing silver.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Termak ().

• the black market system is how the game generates most loot, the system is based in caerleon, players sell items to the black market and it distirbutes them to the mobs and chests in game. the market asks for specific items and increases its buy price from time to time. this rate has been decreased. for fame credits they can only be gained by having a weapon or armor set maxed. or by respeccing something manually by going into your skills finding the skill you want and respeccing it.
    • New

Termak wrote:

When skill is at 100 you get 20% credits ….
      I actually think this is 10% from when I tested it.

Example: I killed a mob for 450 fame - I only received 45 fame into my Combat fame credits (CFC).
      NOTE: This is crucial when using books you need to reference my statement at end

Now that is still curbed... because CFC is valued differently based on items.

Examples: Bows 1 CFC grants 2 points of actual combat fame. (meaning a loss of 360 fame; about 80% as you stated )
      Shields 1 CFC grants ~40 points of actual combat fame (meaning a gain of 1,395 fame)

Please let me know if you want a new post giving details of how to best use CFC to save grinding time later.
    • New

Gr4vit4tion wrote:

Shirania wrote:

Example: I killed a mob for 450 fame - I only received 45 fame into my Combat fame credits
      But Fame Credits are worth twice the amount of fame, so 45 Fame Credits=90 Fame=20%
      So if u Need 1m Fame to upgrade ur Combat Spec u only Need 500k Fame Credits ;)

Inaccurately stated as it doesn't address the whole issue. If you finished reading the post you can see I have given examples showing a very clear demonstration.
    • New

Shirania wrote:

Gr4vit4tion wrote:

Shirania wrote:

Example: I killed a mob for 450 fame - I only received 45 fame into my Combat fame credits
      But Fame Credits are worth twice the amount of fame, so 45 Fame Credits=90 Fame=20%So if u Need 1m Fame to upgrade ur Combat Spec u only Need 500k Fame Credits ;)
      Inaccurately stated as it doesn't address the whole issue. If you finished reading the post you can see I have given examples showing a very clear demonstration.
      you get different amounts of fame credits according to what items are at 100:
      • full specs and mastery of the weapon consist of 50% of the fame credit generated
      • (..) armor is 25%
      • (..) helmet is 12.5%
      • (..) boots is 12.5%
      A full specs / mastery player will generate 80% of the fame given by the mob in fame credits with auto respec on and 20% without (you probably didn't have everything to 100 in specs / masteries?).

From my memory:
      In terms of ratio fame to fame credits: it changes according the equipment: for a weapon line: the ratio is 1 credit = 2 fame. but for boots it is 1 credit = 8 fame.

Hope this helps
    • New

Gugusteh wrote:

• full specs and mastery of the weapon consist of 50% of the fame credit generated
      • (..) armor is 25%
      • (..) helmet is 12.5%
      • (..) boots is 12.5%
      A full specs / mastery player will generate 80% of the fame given by the mob in fame credits with auto respec on and 20% without (you probably didn't have everything to 100 in specs / masteries?).

From my memory:
      In terms of ratio fame to fame credits: it changes according the equipment: for a weapon line: the ratio is 1 credit = 2 fame. but for boots it is 1 credit = 8 fame.

Hope this helps
      Helps for future knowledge, I appreciate it.

I was only testing with 1 piece of gear on.

I understand the viewpoint now is taking 500 fame kill and viewing it as a 100 CFC is 20% (with one item fully mastered) ... to me this inaccurate. All gear gains fame separately so you cannot view the fame gained to CFC as a lump sum. Its being rewarded based on classifications.

Example (using two hander - nothing capped): 500 fame kill Totals to 4000 total fame gained
      Example #2 (with 2 items max capped): 500 fame kill totals to 2000 and 200 CFC total fame fame gained

200 CFC vs 2000 CF = 10%

Not sure what you mean with generated fame? equipment slots 50% 25% 12.5% x2? Could you explain that?
      If I kill a mob for 500 fame each item is getting a total of 1000 fame applied to it (500 for main field - 500 specialized field)

Look forward to your insight,

Shirania of "P R E C I S I O N"

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shirania: - 3rd line confusing - said "(full mastery)"... when I was only referring to one item being fully mastered. ().

• New

Fame is not equal to fame credit.
      200 weapon fame equal 100 fame credit, hence the ratio Gugusteh mentioned.

As I remember it is weapon 2:1; armor 4:1; helm and boots 8:1; off hand 40:1.

So if you kill a mob for 500 fame with max spec 2h weapon on without auto respec you only get 20%*500*1/2 = 50 fame credit hence 10% of total fame gain.
    • New

alopalo wrote:

Fame is not equal to fame credit.
      200 weapon fame equal 100 fame credit, hence the ratio Gugusteh mentioned.

As I remember it is weapon 2:1; armor 4:1; helm and boots 8:1; off hand 40:1.

So if you kill a mob for 500 fame with max spec 2h weapon on without auto respec you only get 20%*500*1/2 = 50 fame credit hence 10% of total fame gain.
      Thank you, I understand now. He gave an inverse function.