With Every update I loose a bit more interest

    • With Every update I loose a bit more interest

      I am going on 6 months and I really love this game, but each and every update I get a little more put off..

      guardian helmet (self heal) is kind of a staple for solo play.. You buff it then nerf it back to where it was!?!? How balanced is this when all the damage buffs are 20-30 %! What’s wrong with a little sustain? If you felt the dot cleanse in combination with the heal was too strong, than get rid of the cleanse.. it would have made the cursed people happy as well.

      the whole silver sink method you decided to go with was the laziest approach I have ever seen. It’s obvious you do not want to put any development hours into combating it.

      Alliances still plague the game.. the number one issue is still just being ignored.

      The loot drop from PVE are almost non-existent. Some have said it’s because black market lacks items yet you nerf the price of items in the market?

      I am not sold on that idea. I am pretty sure you guys have been tweaking Rng or adding in Diminishing returns on dungeon loot.. I almost only ever get is runes and trinkets regardless of how many dungeons I do.. solo or group.

      this Game tries too hard to force pvp instead of letting pvp happen organically.

      Anyways I have decided to no longer buy premium for 2 of my 3 characters. And I will no longer purchase premium with cash nor buy any gold. I am going to maintain premium with silver to see the queen update but I do not expect much..

      I just felt the need to get that off my chest..
    • Basically how I've been feeling too recently, came back after like 6-7 month break from last quiting and played for about 2 months now? The game feels once again shallow to me and isnt very enjoyable when going out to red zone and black zones anymore when you got 30-100 man zergs flushing gatherers and people just doing content together with their guild.

      The silver sink adjustments just nailed the coffin for me and I will just tend to my 1 island and my 1 character for costs and stocking whatever I can when I want. I stopped recruiting for my new player friendly guild and stopped caring to shell a ton of money for gold because im a whale and I didnt mind spending, but after all these changes and community being as toxic as Chernobyl I gave up.

      Lastly to add to your comment on forced PvP, I agree fully. Look at BDO for example, you add grind spots and add siege and nodes to fight over just like territories here and they dont have a force PvP problem, it just happens because you run into a good spot for silver at the time or a new update you will get people camping the spot for the profits. In Albion however you got this situation: Average joe wants to do some solo dungeons, goes out to a quiet red zone with no flagged people in it and no war time. He enters a dungeon starts going through it and finds a fucking party of 5 waiting at the end sitting on their ass flagged and gets nailed to the wall. He then shrugs that off and gets together with his guild to go find a nice group dungeon to do in T6/7. They go out, only to be chased down by 50 man zergs in black zone so they return and go to red zones with no war times or flagged people only to be dived by 10 people wearing GvG 8.3 masterpiece items TWICE in different red zones to lose a ton of money in gear and left to wonder why they even wanna play the game.

      I enjoy PvP but with MMORPG's it has to be a certain way for me to enjoy it, I dont enjoy going out into a open world where nice and detailed zones I love to travel in are riddled with zergs and whistle blowers(scouts) waiting to take your things because they are apart of a huge alliance that controls the game. There is no room for middle play with smaller guilds or new player guilds just looking to hang out together in zones they like to explore.


      I've played since launch and pre betas 1 and 2. I've found this game to have no heart or direction anymore as it's changed its map many times and changed the approaches of it's economy more times than I can count, this recent change to economy is one of the many they did before. It also had trouble with marketing, it was marketed at first as a "Hardcore Sandbox MMORPG" now its just "The Sandbox MMORPG" because they dont know what they want to create anymore, it's just a grind simulator and community cesspool like league of legends ranked seasons.
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • It’s really sad @psyca the game has much potential!

      @Dca10 I did a T7 solo dungeon black zone and the cost for re-spec was staggering.. if you take in account the cost of only the base being respect’d, comparing to the gear needed to do the dungeon vs the actual loot I recieved the silver loss was quite startling.

      The Whole risk vs reward is completely trashed.. the only way to make money PVE (non gathering/crafting) is to gank and dive. Doing solo dungeons/fame farm your going to loose silver.. basically your going to pay silver to try and fame up your gear, and that is not including getting dove.

      Last night on 5 different occasions with 4 hours I was dove and won to be immediately dove by another group.. SBI your poor balancing of PVE vs PVP has created a vacuum..the silver sink only makes the vacuum worse.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Loxxxx ().

    • Psycha wrote:

      The game feels once again shallow to me and isnt very enjoyable when going out to red zone and black zones anymore when you got 30-100 man zergs flushing gatherers and people just doing content together with their guild.

      The silver sink adjustments just nailed the coffin for me and I will just tend to my 1 island and my 1 character for costs and stocking whatever I can when I want. I stopped recruiting for my new player friendly guild and stopped caring to shell a ton of money for gold because im a whale and I didnt mind spending, but after all these changes and community being as toxic as Chernobyl I gave up.

      Lastly to add to your comment on forced PvP, I agree fully. Look at BDO for example, you add grind spots and add siege and nodes to fight over just like territories here and they dont have a force PvP problem, it just happens because you run into a good spot for silver at the time or a new update you will get people camping the spot for the profits. In Albion however you got this situation: Average joe wants to do some solo dungeons, goes out to a quiet red zone with no flagged people in it and no war time. He enters a dungeon starts going through it and finds a fucking party of 5 waiting at the end sitting on their ass flagged and gets nailed to the wall. He then shrugs that off and gets together with his guild to go find a nice group dungeon to do in T6/7. They go out, only to be chased down by 50 man zergs in black zone so they return and go to red zones with no war times or flagged people only to be dived by 10 people wearing GvG 8.3 masterpiece items TWICE in different red zones to lose a ton of money in gear and left to wonder why they even wanna play the game.

      I enjoy PvP but with MMORPG's it has to be a certain way for me to enjoy it, I dont enjoy going out into a open world where nice and detailed zones I love to travel in are riddled with zergs and whistle blowers(scouts) waiting to take your things because they are apart of a huge alliance that controls the game. There is no room for middle play with smaller guilds or new player guilds just looking to hang out together in zones they like to explore.


      I've played since launch and pre betas 1 and 2. I've found this game to have no heart or direction anymore as it's changed its map many times and changed the approaches of it's economy more times than I can count, this recent change to economy is one of the many they did before. It also had trouble with marketing, it was marketed at first as a "Hardcore Sandbox MMORPG" now its just "The Sandbox MMORPG" because they dont know what they want to create anymore, it's just a grind simulator and community cesspool like league of legends ranked seasons.
      - zergs don't go much in redzones
      - in blackzones zergs of 30-100 don't go after gatherers & are looking for blobs or protecting objectives. They will basically attack you only if you try to contest their objective or just suicide in the middle of the blob.
      - it is now less costly to buy premium + an island with silver than before the update, wtf are you complaining about?
      - how can one get killed by 5 people waiting in the end of a dungeon in redzones? You have a counter for hostiles in your map, just look.
      - i've never seen, nor heard of people diving dungeons in redzone in 8.3mp and honestly i'd be interested to see such killboard & the zone name to go and get the gear for myself.
      - the game doesn't have "hardcore" in it's name because it makes people fear & avoid the game when they could enjoy it. Game still has its core concept and updates are made accordingly.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

      a bunch of whiners in this thread :(

      I've said this before: HelloKittyOnline is that way ->
      Hmmm..

      I could come on here and declare you a White Knight that is giving SBI virtual hand-jobs in hopes they notice you.
      Maybe you are trying to get YouTube famous off the back of AO.
      Or is it that you are afraid of any negative feedback about the game, because the small amount of relevance you have is tied directly to your 2nd rate Youtube Videos.

      But i wont because that would be extremely small minded of me to think something is wrong with you because you disagree.
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

      Captainrussia wrote:

      a bunch of whiners in this thread :(

      I've said this before: HelloKittyOnline is that way ->
      So, in other words, you agree that people should just quit playing and therefore quit contributing to the game in the form of economy and content?
      That is absolutely correct. (My own opinion of course).
      If I owned a Chinese restaurant and had people come in who are clearly stating (or stated someplace, like a food blog) that they hate Chinese food, yet they are sitting there forcing food down their own throat and then getting sick and throwing up all over the floor - sure I would ask those people to get out at once. I don't need negative advertisement inside of my place of business. If you don't like Chinese food - don't go to a Chinese restaurant just to complain. Go eat whatever you like to eat.
      That is not to say that I would not welcome any constructive Chinese food critics to come in and give me some constructive feedback and rated my business.
      Majority of players whining about Albion are non-PVP oriented players who can't handle PVP and/or cannot figure out how to play the game in smaller groups. Its not the game's problem.
      If you don't like full loot PVP = don't play a full loot PVP game and spew your whining all over the forums and the community.
      If you don't like an open world full loot PVP game = don't play an open world full loot PVP game. Its really that simple. Hence the HelloKittyOnline reference.

      Loxxxx wrote:

      I could come on here and declare you a White Knight that is giving SBI virtual hand-jobs in hopes they notice you.
      Maybe you are trying to get YouTube famous off the back of AO.
      Or is it that you are afraid of any negative feedback about the game, because the small amount of relevance you have is tied directly to your 2nd rate Youtube Videos.

      But i wont because that would be extremely small minded of me to think something is wrong with you because you disagree.
      You could come and try declaring whatever you like, and try to twist words, etc etc... Read my Chinese restaurant example above. Im not "afraid" of negative feedback about the game from the like-minded people (people who know WTF they are talking about, and who are here because of "PVP" and because of "sandbox"), its just all the irrelevant "negative buzz" coming from people who don't even like PVP or don't like Sandbox games is what I don need to see.

      And yes - it will be extremely small minded of you to think that something is wrong with someone who is a subject matter expert, unless of course you can show that you are also a subject matter expert - and then we can hopefully have a constructive conversation. Nothing wrong with disagreeing - when you actually like the product (and/or have liked a similar product in the past), but everything is wrong when people come from non-full loot scripted Theme Park MMO games and start crying and whining.

      I don't go walking into a hospital telling the surgeon how they should perform an operation when I have no clue about medicine, do I? We have whiners talking about BDO (roflmao 0 full loot PVP in that game) comparing it to Albion. You see how low we've fallen? I would not want customers like that (or rather, their reviews) if I had a business that they had no passion for.

      You (as in - any player) either like PVP and full loot (and Sandbox) - or you don't. We can help you like it - if you ask us how, or we can help you leave, if all you do is cry and whine.

      PS. My relevance in the game and the forums came way before I started making any YT vids... I've only been making those on a constant basis for about 6 month, but I've been here since 2016

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Captainrussia ().

    • Captainrussia wrote:

      That is absolutely correct. (My own opinion of course).
      If I owned a Chinese restaurant and had people come in who are clearly stating (or stated someplace, like a food blog) that they hate Chinese food, yet they are sitting there forcing food down their own throat and then getting sick and throwing up all over the floor - sure I would ask those people to get out at once. I don't need negative advertisement inside of my place of business. If you don't like Chinese food - don't go to a Chinese restaurant just to complain. Go eat whatever you like to eat.
      That is not to say that I would not welcome any constructive Chinese food critics to come in and give me some constructive feedback and rated my business.
      Majority of players whining about Albion are non-PVP oriented players who can't handle PVP and/or cannot figure out how to play the game in smaller groups. Its not the game's problem.
      If you don't like full loot PVP = don't play a full loot PVP game and spew your whining all over the forums and the community.
      If you don't like an open world full loot PVP game = don't play an open world full loot PVP game. Its really that simple. Hence the HelloKittyOnline reference.
      The problem is, you're take on the issue is apparently flawed. Using your own analogy: No one is complaining that they don't like Chinese food. Instead they're saying that the last few dishes served have had spoiled ingredients and are questioning how the chefs didn't notice, or if they did, how they could possibly serve it anyway. As such, they're well within their rights to say they're less interested in the restaurant now and are less inclined to spend their money there.

      The majority of whining about Albion are not from non-PVP oriented points of view but from non-scumbag points of view. I for one came to Albion to be he hero and champion of justice I can't seem to be in real life. Instead of being able to be one, I ended up making a character to do things that I've condemned others for and consider wrong, even if it was to prove a point. Others have similar reasons for coming here that didn't include coming to play a metaphor for rape culture. After all, "There's no such thing as non-consensual sex PVP; the victims wanted it by virtue of being there" - right?

      No one complaining has a problem with full-loot PVP. People do have a problem constantly getting ambushed into a scenario they have no hope of winning, by a pack of cowards that have reward for little risk because they're outnumbering their opponents to the point of absurdity. Quite frankly, they're being generous by coming to the forums calling attention to these issues that make it not a game anymore but a place for cowards to act like bullies to people who came thinking they were playing a game with at least a fair shot.

      Besides, that's not the only thing they're calling attention to either. This new silver sink crap is complete trash and whether intentional or not is going to end up destroying their F2P player base. At least many of the current batch, as with these changes, if any were thinking about doing anything except fame farm or PVP, their margin for profit (viability/success) is a lot slimmer, if at all existent anymore given how slim it already was. Maybe SBI is hoping F2P to be a continually rotating prey source to cater to the above mentioned problem culture.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

      Loxxxx wrote:

      I could come on here and declare you a White Knight that is giving SBI virtual hand-jobs in hopes they notice you.
      Maybe you are trying to get YouTube famous off the back of AO.
      Or is it that you are afraid of any negative feedback about the game, because the small amount of relevance you have is tied directly to your 2nd rate Youtube Videos.

      But i wont because that would be extremely small minded of me to think something is wrong with you because you disagree.
      You could come and try declaring whatever you like, and try to twist words, etc etc... Read my Chinese restaurant example above. Im not "afraid" of negative feedback about the game from the like-minded people (people who know WTF they are talking about, and who are here because of "PVP" and because of "sandbox"), its just all the irrelevant "negative buzz" coming from people who don't even like PVP or don't like Sandbox games is what I don need to see.
      And yes - it will be extremely small minded of you to think that something is wrong with someone who is a subject matter expert, unless of course you can show that you are also a subject matter expert - and then we can hopefully have a constructive conversation. Nothing wrong with disagreeing - when you actually like the product (and/or have liked a similar product in the past), but everything is wrong when people come from non-full loot scripted Theme Park MMO games and start crying and whining.

      I don't go walking into a hospital telling the surgeon how they should perform an operation when I have no clue about medicine, do I? We have whiners talking about BDO (roflmao 0 full loot PVP in that game) comparing it to Albion. You see how low we've fallen? I would not want customers like that (or rather, their reviews) if I had a business that they had no passion for.

      You either like PVP and full loot (and Sandbox) - or you don't. We can help you like it - if you ask us how, or we can help you leave, if all you do is cry and whine.

      PS. My relevance in the game and the forums came way before I started making any YT vids... I've only been making those on a constant basis for about 6 month, but I've been here since 2016
      The Amount of assumptions you make only shows how truly ignorant you are and your reading comprehension is that of a kindergartner. I never said i did not like the game nor did i say i dis-like full loot mmorpgs. I actually said i love the game and i will quote the very first line in the very first post "am going on 6 months and I really love this game". You should make a you tube video on how not to make assumptions about people whom you don't know based on a very limited amount of contact with or you could do basic reading comprehension.

      Also you make me laugh if you think your some sort of SME for AO. What are those exact qualifications that make you a subject matter expert? I Saw your farm video.. 15 minutes you farming just to say, you can farm and sell stuff to the market and make silver.. I guess that is some serious AO wisdom your dropping on us common folk.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Loxxxx ().

    • I can agree that SBI fail by putting together veterans players(400/400 spec) with New players. And not warn the new players, that they have 0% chance against a veteran.
      Because vets. had(spec, wealth, skills, knowledge...etc.)

      But can be a New player fault as well.
      Because i identified 2 category of new players:

      1. First one probably comes from others mmorpg. They try to understand the game. They put question when they had a problem.
      And they progress very fast in the game by joining a good guild...and having good time.

      2. The 2nd type probably come from single player games. They assume that they understand how the game works.
      They will say things like: Mega alliances are main source of evil. Instead of understanding advantage alliances creates for them.
      They want to win this game alone. And not accepting help or a different option because solo player ego is too big.

      About silver sink. That won't change how hard is to get premium. Because the gold - silver economy is controlled by players.
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

      No one complaining has a problem with full-loot PVP. People do have a problem constantly getting ambushed into a scenario they have no hope of winning, by a pack of cowards that have reward for little risk because they're outnumbering their opponents to the point of absurdity.

      Ya, the game actively pushes imbalanced open-world PvP due to the N-1 nature of dungeons and gathering, and the N+1 nature of combat. That's the sort of thing that convinces people this game isn't worth playing.

      I still think one of the biggest fundamental issues in Albion is how easy it is to project power across the black zone, and how little open-world defenses mean. Castles, for instance, are extremely underwhelming, and territories can easily be overrun by a zerg.

      Near a real base, it should be easy to defend, even for a few people against a zerg. That's largely missing.
    • Dc1a0 wrote:

      The problem is, you're take on the issue is apparently flawed. Using your own analogy: No one is complaining that they don't like Chinese food. Instead they're saying that the last few dishes served have had spoiled ingredients and are questioning how the chefs didn't notice, or if they did, how they could possibly serve it anyway. As such, they're well within their rights to say they're less interested in the restaurant now and are less inclined to spend their money there.
      That would only be true if people complaining were real "full loot sandbox PVP savants" (like the Chinese food connoisseurs or food critics in my example) - but unfortunately majority of those complaining on the forums are people who have no idea how Sandbox games work (esp those with full loot PVP). So no, good try, but my analogy does not apply here. Give me some players who have played a PVP full loot sandbox (maybe some ex-Eve Online players?) and then we can talk.
      For now I see a bunch of whiners who never tried Dim Sum, complaining that its horrible and tastes nothing like a Thanksgiving Turkey dinner.

      Dc1a0 wrote:

      The majority of whining about Albion are not from non-PVP oriented points of view but from non-scumbag points of view. I for one came to Albion to be he hero and champion of justice I can't seem to be in real life. Instead of being able to be one, I ended up making a character to do things that I've condemned others for and consider wrong, even if it was to prove a point. Others have similar reasons for coming here that didn't include coming to play a metaphor for rape culture. After all, "There's no such thing as non-consensual sex PVP; the victims wanted it by virtue of being there" - right?
      I disagree. The majority of whining IS from a non-PVP + non-sandbox players. I can go ahead and tag their names and you can ask them where have they played another full loot sandbox game, and I bet that 90% of those would not have an answer (or would try to make one up - and fail).
      And you personally - can still be a champion and a hero... you just need to learn how to be one. When was the last time you tried to figure out that you are failing at reaching your AO goal? Let me take this once step further - when was last time you actually admitted to yourserlf that you were not being this "hero" and what did you do about it?

      Dc1a0 wrote:

      No one complaining has a problem with full-loot PVP. People do have a problem constantly getting ambushed into a scenario they have no hope of winning, by a pack of cowards that have reward for little risk because they're outnumbering their opponents to the point of absurdity. Quite frankly, they're being generous by coming to the forums calling attention to these issues that make it not a game anymore but a place for cowards to act like bullies to people who came thinking they were playing a game with at least a fair shot.
      There is nothing "fair" about sandbox game. Sandbox game is just like Real Life - i.e there is nothing fair about it. Now repeat that x5 times til it sinks in ;) @PenguinSniper had posted some "ruthless nature" videos in another thread (viewer discretion advised), but it makes a good point. The lions will kill other lion cubs, or will kill hyena cubs or the hyenas will attack and eat alive an incapacitated animal alive (Let the Discovery channel be your guiding light to the world of Darwin). So again - everyone who is complaining has a problem with the meaning "sandbox". Too many Fortnight or Overwatch games I swear. In a Sandbox you win with whatever you have. Some "tier up" and bring bigger gear - some N+1 and bring bigger zergs...others - do both. Some use baiting... etc... Sandbox is amazing (to those who understand it) - because its about creativity, not about fair "X vs X" fights in a symmetrical arena with identical skills.

      Dc1a0 wrote:

      Besides, that's not the only thing they're calling attention to either. This new silver sink crap is complete trash and whether intentional or not is going to end up destroying their F2P player base. At least many of the current batch, as with these changes, if any were thinking about doing anything except fame farm or PVP, their margin for profit (viability/success) is a lot slimmer, if at all existent anymore given how slim it already was. Maybe SBI is hoping F2P to be a continually rotating prey source to cater to the above mentioned problem culture.
      Can you please elaborate on that? I ran 3 solo RDG and came out with like 76 silver bags. In town I paid 15k for repair (would have been 10k pre-patch). How is that making people lose money? Im not even counting runes and loot which I've yet to sell (which will more then cover my auto-respec costs), and Im not even counting silver picked up from mobs while clearing the dungeon.

      Loxxxx wrote:

      The Amount of assumptions you make only shows how truly ignorant you are and your reading comprehension is that of a kindergartner. I never said i did not like the game nor did i say i dis-like full loot mmorpgs. I actually said i love the game and i will quote the very first line in the very first post "am going on 6 months and I really love this game". You should make a you tube video on how not to make assumptions about people whom you don't know based on a very limited amount of contact with or you could do basic reading comprehension.
      I was not talking about you specifically. Don't get too excited. The majority of whining is coming from those who don't like one or the other aspect of the game - and they've clearly stated it. I don't need to assume anything. They are clearly stating it in their posts (too high silver sinks... too much zerging, cant leave yellow zone... too much PK, getting gankeed by N+1, etc... etc...)

      Loxxxx wrote:

      Also you make me laugh if you think your some sort of SME for AO. What are those exact qualifications that make you a subject matter expert? I Saw your farm video.. 15 minutes you farming just to say, you can farm and sell stuff to the market and make silver.. I guess that is some serious AO wisdom your dropping on us common folk.
      Albion is not all about farming on your islands... I hope you know that by now. Or was that the only video you've watched? I can refer you to some PVP and PVE vids. maybe if you tell me what you are actually interested in - then we can have a discussion? Instead you chose to bash the game and bash me.

      xcruciful wrote:

      I can agree that SBI fail by putting together veterans players(400/400 spec) with New players. And not warn the new players, that they have 0% chance against a veteran.
      Because vets. had(spec, wealth, skills, knowledge...etc.)
      I agree with majority of your post, but just a small correction, some newbie players can win vs veterans when they N+1 and maybe think outside the box a bit:

      (the ones in the below example have around 1 mil PVE fame and it was 4 of them when they killed me): albiononline.com/en/killboard/kill/52618934
      These Polaks have a very good synergy if you think about it, so they did a good job actually.

      Roccandil wrote:

      I still think one of the biggest fundamental issues in Albion is how easy it is to project power across the black zone, and how little open-world defenses mean. Castles, for instance, are extremely underwhelming, and territories can easily be overrun by a zerg.

      Near a real base, it should be easy to defend, even for a few people against a zerg. That's largely missing.
      All of that should change with the Queen update and the Avalon map.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by Captainrussia ().

    • xcruciful wrote:

      I can agree that SBI fail by putting together veterans players(400/400 spec) with New players. And not warn the new players, that they have 0% chance against a veteran.
      Because vets. had(spec, wealth, skills, knowledge...etc.)

      But can be a New player fault as well.
      Because i identified 2 category of new players:

      1. First one probably comes from others mmorpg. They try to understand the game. They put question when they had a problem.
      And they progress very fast in the game by joining a good guild...and having good time.

      2. The 2nd type probably come from single player games. They assume that they understand how the game works.
      They will say things like: Mega alliances are main source of evil. Instead of understanding advantage alliances creates for them.
      They want to win this game alone. And not accepting help or a different option because solo player ego is too big.

      About silver sink. That won't change how hard is to get premium. Because the gold - silver economy is controlled by players.
      You forgot the third type: The one who's played several MMO's Full-loot, whatever Albion is, and otherwise. Has seen several games go by the wayside and why. Yet, while unable to find their ideal, tries to find one close enough and attempts to try to warn of pitfalls it's seen others fall into.

      Captainrussia wrote:

      Give me some players who have played a PVP full loot sandbox (maybe some ex-Eve Online players?) and then we can talk
      You are. My first one was Ultima Online, (In the purple box - before all the new race expansions,) plus some others. Probably even including a few you never even heard of because you had to be hardcore enough to search for them as they never managed to get bigger than the hardcore searchers. I know others in this thread who you are calling whiners have played at least one of those games too. So, your assumptions are not based in fact. I can't speak for eve because I didn't want to play with space ships, sounded like more hassle than it was worth. Perhaps I was wrong due to a fantasy bias. Just because I've never played eve doesn't mean you should assume I or anyone else is a stranger to Full-Loot, or a sandbox. Against the other full-loot sandboxes I've seen, yeah, I'm asking if there's a cat in this kettle as this tastes like a Thai recipe.

      Captainrussia wrote:

      And you personally - can still be a champion and a hero... you just need to learn how to be one. When was the last time you tried to figure out that you are failing at reaching your AO goal? Let me take this once step further - when was last time you actually admitted to yourserlf that you were not being this "hero" and what did you do about it?
      I should probably clarify that. I was hoping for a game where I would be a hero of justice where there were some other heroes of justice to talk to and the fight was at least potentially winnable. Trying to go the route of a missionary going to a Muslim state kind of hero is too much for me.


      Captainrussia wrote:

      There is nothing "fair" about sandbox game. Sandbox game is just like Real Life - i.e there is nothing fair about it.
      No sandbox GAME is ANYTHING LIKE real life. If this is supposed to be like real life, why isn't it perma-death? How come one axe swing doesn't at least maim if not outright cripple or kill the target? How come the other hostiles can't see you if you don't get right into their face? No, nothing like real life, so it can be a bit more fair as games, including sandbox games are meant to be an escape after all.

      Captainrussia wrote:

      In a Sandbox you win with whatever you have. Some "tier up" and bring bigger gear - some N+1 and bring bigger zergs...others - do both. Some use baiting... etc... Sandbox is amazing (to those who understand it) - because its about creativity, not about fair "X vs X" fights in a symmetrical arena with identical skills.
      N+1, and zergs aren't creative in the slightest. and a good sandbox lets you do things you can't do in real life, and a few in the past have made 1vn+1 winnable with enough skill, and/or wit. but no, this game has almost been dumbed down to work for the lowest n+1/zerg common denominator. There's nothing sandbox-y about gimping gatherer's ability to fight if they want to gather as efficiently as possible in lieu of abilities to run like a scared rabbit, there should be both options, there's nothing sandbox-y about nerfing anything sustain after someone gets creative and figures out a way to survive n+1 any significant portion of the time. There's nothing sandbox-y about anything that forces the majority of people to play a certain way to feel like they even have a chance at the game or the ability to access the majority of the content.



      Captainrussia wrote:

      Can you please elaborate on that? I ran 3 solo RDG and came out with like 76 silver bags. In town I paid 15k for repair (would have been 10k pre-patch). How is that making people lose money? Im not even counting runes and loot which I've yet to sell (which will more then cover my auto-respec costs), and Im not even counting silver picked up from mobs while clearing the dungeon.
      What if a F2P doesn't want to run RDGs to profit, what if they want to craft. Before these silver sinks, I considered it an accomplishment to be F2P to be able with a few tricks to gather, craft and profit, (more than gathering and selling the resources,) even if only marginally. As marginally as it was, I don't think I'd be able to do that with the new sinks after the market finishes adjusting. I had already been on hiatus a couple days when even the news of that changed rolled out, because I was already feeling like the game was becoming a job as marginal as the profits were. Since I didn't have an island yet the increase in the cost is making me really disheartened about coming back. Granted, the cost of premium is less than what I spend on a pack of diapers for my kids, but, I need those diapers more than I need imaginary benefits in a game. However, I might just quit a game that tries to force me to choose between them or just about anything else in real life.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Dc1a0 ().

    • Captainrussia wrote:

      If I owned a Chinese restaurant and had people come in who are clearly stating (or stated someplace, like a food blog) that they hate Chinese food, yet they are sitting there forcing food down their own throat and then getting sick and throwing up all over the floor - sure I would ask those people to get out at once. I don't need negative advertisement inside of my place of business. If you don't like Chinese food - don't go to a Chinese restaurant just to complain. Go eat whatever you like to eat.
      Can I complain your chinese restaurant is dragging command mammoths? Of course I will be happy to withdraw the complaint if you can show me a video that demonstrates dragging command mammoths is legit in your restaurant.

      To be honest, I wouldn't go to a chinese restaurant operated by a russia guy. This could explain why mammoth dragging happens there instead of proper chinese food.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Player112 ().