How long does it take your character to leave the game if you close the client?

• How long does it take your character to leave the game if you close the client?

I was just knocked down in a yellow zone by a T8 PK. He’s standing there, saying he’s going to give me a 50k repair. I closed the client. He just going stand there and knock me down repeatily till all my gear is broken and all resources are gone. I was gathering in a yellow zone.
    • Zarf wrote:

I was just knocked down in a yellow zone by a T8 PK. He’s standing there, saying he’s going to give me a 50k repair. I closed the client. He just going stand there and knock me down repeatily till all my gear is broken and all resources are gone. I was gathering in a yellow zone.
      I think it takes one minute - the same as when you use the 'log-out' feature.
    • Zarf wrote:

a solo gatherer should never be dying to a solo PK... use a bloodletter and some healing/resist potions to get away
    • The problem was, I was fighting a mob, then the hostile player attacked me. My mount despawned, then I was severely overloaded, couldn’t move, barely a crawl. He knocked me down at range. Usually no one bothers me in a yellow zone, I assume that another player gathering where I was called his friend, since I was competing for the same resources as he.
    • Zarf wrote:

The problem was, I was fighting a mob, then the hostile player attacked me. My mount despawned, then I was severely overloaded, couldn’t move, barely a crawl. He knocked me down at range. Usually no one bothers me in a yellow zone, I assume that another player gathering where I was called his friend, since I was competing for the same resources as he.
      But you should get a bubble after you get up , do you loose bubble when you try to mount up? Or whats the problem?
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Zarf wrote:

a solo gatherer should never be dying to a solo PK... use a bloodletter and some healing/resist potions to get away
      I’m also at a great disadvantage against a experienced T8 PK, considering I’m playing on a iPad. No hot keys, no mouse. You watch videos of players being chased, they constantly open and close map to see areas of escape. Can’t do that effectively and quickly without hockeys.
    • Equart wrote:

Zarf wrote:

The problem was, I was fighting a mob, then the hostile player attacked me. My mount despawned, then I was severely overloaded, couldn’t move, barely a crawl. He knocked me down at range. Usually no one bothers me in a yellow zone, I assume that another player gathering where I was called his friend, since I was competing for the same resources as he.
      But you should get a bubble after you get up , do you loose bubble when you try to mount up? Or whats the problem?
      That’s probably true Equart, didn’t think about that. Since I’m rarely in a PvP / PK situation. I just logged out. Waited 30 minutes, relogged in, went back to town. Sent my hirelings to work then logged out.
    • Logout timers:
      • 10 seconds in Blue zones, 60 seconds if you are faction-flagged
      • 60 seconds in Yellow, Red and Black zones
      • 300 seconds inside Randomized Dungeons and Hellgates
      Even if you close the game, your character will still remain in the world for that period of time.

Zarf wrote:

That’s probably true Equart, didn’t think about that. Since I’m rarely in a PvP / PK situation. I just logged out. Waited 30 minutes, relogged in, went back to town. Sent my hirelings to work then logged out.
      After standing up from being knocked down, you will receive a safety bubble which makes you invulnerable for a time. More importantly, the safety bubble comes with a speed boost, which should help you to easily escape from your opponent. This prevents griefing, unless you are of course overloaded to the point where you cannot move - which I wouldn't recommend doing in PvP zones.

You can check up on some more tips on how to protect yourself from such situations as a gatherer here.
    • Zarf, you have been playing Albion with this forum account since 2014 e.g. the early Alpha Tests, if i remember right - even if your main focus even then where the cities and non pvp zones, you should now better :).

Never leave your pc until you character is savely logged out... in any online game... that doesnt have "singleplayer save game feature"...

GLHF
    • Hiya Hoppla,

Long time no see. :)

I hardly played for year and couldn’t remember. Just started playing again about 1-2 months ago. I hardbooted to log out. In the knock down state you cannot log out. This hostile player told me that he planned to continuously knock me down, costing me a 50k repair. Also I no longer have a PC, I play exclusively on my iPad Pro. That one knock down did cost me 10k to repair. I’m not really worried about the silver, I have plenty. However I had been gathering for about two hours. I did not want to lose the resources. So I closed the client to prevent further durability loss and resource loss. If my repair cost is too much, just salvage or toss the gear and craft new ones. Just repair the ox.
    • RiggsCrank wrote:

Why can’t I close this fucking game???!!!! I thought my com froze, but it’s actually a black screen and I can still type in chat? Huh???
      If it happened while you was playing the game ,and you was NOT changing claster (zone). I can bet problem with your PC, got similar issue , problem was with video card due to its Voltage. In your case it can be anything xD

But if you get black screen during teleportations/changing clasters - it is Albion fault , wait and Devs will fix it soon.

If you need to close game , why dont you use ctrl+alt +del ?