[9. October 2019] Percival Patch 7

• [9. October 2019] Percival Patch 7

Percival Patch 7 - Ver. 1.15.387 / REV 151412 - 9 October 2019

Adjustments to Ingame Silver Sinks

In an effort to reduce the Silver-to-Gold cost ratio (which has greatly increased due to Silver generated by Randomized Dungeons), numerous ingame Silver costs have been increased.
      The following changes have been implemented:
      • Increased repair costs of all items by 100%, but halved knockdown damage (from 10% to 5%), meaning repair cost of knockdowns remains the same
      • Increased Market Order Fee from 1% to 1.5%
      • Increased Market Tax from 4% to 6% (from 2% to 3% with Premium)
      • Increased the cost of buying additional bank tabs by 50%
      • Increased the cost of buying and upgrading islands by 50%
      • Increased the cost of converting Fame to Fame Credits by 50%
      • Increased the cost of using the fast travel feature by 50%
      • Reduced the rate at which Silver offers are generated by the Black Market by 10%
      In addition, we have rebalanced the cost structure for transmutation. Transmutation was specifically designed as a Silver sink to combat inflation, but has not been viable thus far. For further details of the transmutation change, as well as a full discussion of this topic, please see this forum post: forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/119151

Changes

• Constructing, upgrading, and repairing a building is now 2x faster
      • Transmutation of resources is now 4x faster
      • Resources and critters in safe zones (T2-T4) now take twice as long to respawn
      Combat Balance Changes
      Cursed Staffs
      • Cataclysm (Damnation Staff):
        • The damage is now applied as a damage-over-time effect, which can't be stacked (deals Magic Damage every 0.5 seconds for a total duration of 2.5 seconds)
        • Damage per tick: 50 → 27
        • Number of ticks: 5 → 6
        • Damage can no longer be reflected
      Nature Staffs
      • Thorns:
        • Cooldown: 6s → 5s
        • Cast Time: 0.6s → 0.4s
        • Standtime: 0.2s → 0s
        • Spell is no longer canceled by mouse click while casting
      Helmets
      • Emergency Heal (Guardian Helmet)
        • Heal Value: 15% → 10%
      Boots
      • Motivating Pain (Quarrier Workboots):
        • Now only triggered by enemy damage - ally damage no longer triggers the skill
      Fixes
      • "Horsin' Around" achievement is now actually unlocked when you successfully raise a horse
      • Groomed the Yule Stag mount, giving it improved head effects
      • Copying to clipboard in Guild Account Logs now copies the "Amount" column as intended
      • Fixed broken visual effects for Silence spell
      • Fixed an issue where Concussive Blow was not hitting mounted players
      • Giant Steps fixes:
        • Made the description clearer
        • Battle Frenzy now renders caster immune to the slow effect of Giant Steps as intended
      • Fixed a recurring issue where channeling on self was canceled by a delayed teleport
      • Additional graphical, UI, audio, animation, terrain, and localization fixes
    • Silver Sinks: tax the people who are remaining in Albion, to make up for everyone who is cashing out and leaving? It makes no sense, and is a poor decision on the development team's part. It seems like very little forethought on how this will influence the future of the game.
      You can just hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around. Or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters...
    • Bakin wrote:

Silver Sinks: tax the people who are remaining in Albion, to make up for everyone who is cashing out and leaving? It makes no sense, and is a poor decision on the development team's part. It seems like very little forethought on how this will influence the future of the game.
      go study economics 101, then come back and we can have a discussion ;)
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Bakin wrote:

Silver Sinks: tax the people who are remaining in Albion, to make up for everyone who is cashing out and leaving? It makes no sense, and is a poor decision on the development team's part. It seems like very little forethought on how this will influence the future of the game.
      When gas prices reach 20 bucks a gallon, do you drive or do you spend more time walking instead? Your power bill just doubled: do you spend more time home with your lights on or do you try to keep them off as much as possible? The government decides you have two cows, they take both. If you want to talk about economics, go outside and see how this would work in the real world! The best solution, is the complete reverse of what this patch did. If you want silver sinks: encourage, don't discourage. People will spend money if you let them. If you make respecing cost less, people will use it more often. You are already loosing the fame and the time you put into growing the skill in the first place; now lets throw away some money while your at it! People aren't stupid. Stop acting like they are. When gas prices drop, it has been proven that people travel more. In the free to play model, don't force anyone to pull out a credit card to play your game or you will go bankrupt! People will spend money if the product is good @Korn @PrintsKaspian don't cheapen the experience. A quality product will always sell.

This is not a player created issue, it is a developer issue. The inflation in the game cannot be solved by taking silver from somewhere that is already struggling to survive. The silver sink needs to come from a vanity perspective: Cosmetics that people want that do NOT effect the experience itself. Lets say you dropped the price of how much it costs to reroll gear quality: how many more people would use this feature? This whole entire problem is caused by the poor being forced to remain poor, with no actual effect on the true problem.
      You can just hang outside in the sun all day tossing a ball around. Or you can sit at your computer and do something that matters...

The post was edited 2 times, last by Bakin ().

• Captainrussia wrote:

Bakin wrote:

Arrogant credentialism on display...
    • Bakin wrote:

When gas prices reach 20 bucks a gallon, do you drive or do you spend more time walking instead? Your power bill just doubled: do you spend more time home with your lights on or do you try to keep them off as much as possible? The government decides you have two cows, they take both. If you want to talk about economics, go outside and see how this would work in the real world! The best solution, is the complete reverse of what this patch did. If you want silver sinks: encourage, don't discourage. People will spend money if you let them. If you make respecing cost less, people will use it more often. You are already loosing the fame and the time you put into growing the skill in the first place; now lets throw away some money while your at it! People aren't stupid. Stop acting like they are. When gas prices drop, it has been proven that people travel more. In the free to play model, don't force anyone to pull out a credit card to play your game or you will go bankrupt! People will spend money if the product is good @Korn @PrintsKaspian don't cheapen the experience. A quality product will always sell.
      But before we get to $20/gallon - we need to think about how we can prevent that. Once we're at $20/gallon - its already too late and we've failed, and yes - at that point I would walk. But we want to prevent people from "just walking". We want to make sure they can still ride in their cars - by keeping the silver values low = therefore keeping Gold value a bit lower (or at the very least - slowing down the inflation)
      "Encouraging" by making things cheaper (like you are suggesting) - will only cause people to hoard more silver (this might be counter-intuitive to you, but its human nature, hence my comment that you should study Eco 101).
      People already use respeccin'g at its max value (everyone who is 100/100 in at least one branch - is using it. I really don't think there is anyone who does not have "use auto-respec" checked on). Making it cheaper would just mean more silver will stay in people's pockets = hence inflation

Bakin wrote:

This is not a player created issue, it is a developer issue. The inflation in the game cannot be solved by taking silver from somewhere that is already struggling to survive. The silver sink needs to come from a vanity perspective: Cosmetics that people wa
      Silver is being taken out from everywhere equally, and more so - "from somewhere where there is lots of it". How many newbs do you think have 20+mil worth of open market orders sitting? That 1.5% increase (which is an absolute joke btw) will be hitting people harder with millions in silver of open market orders, not some newbie who is trying to sell his donkey for 5k on the market...

Bakin wrote:

The silver sink needs to come from a vanity perspective: Cosmetics that people want that do NOT effect the experience itself.
      Yeah okay... you have a choice - I'll give you $100,000. You can buy a cool paintjob for your old ass car, some sunglasses, some cool looking clothing with that money (we're talking super expensive gold plated paint job, and diamond encrusted sunglasses). Or you can get no vanity - and simply invest that $100,000 as a down-payment for a house (which you can later rent out - so you can retire early and/or don't have to work at all).
      Which answer do you think the majority will pick?

Bakin wrote:

Lets say you dropped the price of how much it costs to reroll gear quality: how many more people would use this feature? This whole entire problem is caused by the poor being forced to remain poor, with no actual effect on the true problem.
      This is the only valid argument in your entire paragraph. Gear re-rolling was already underused (so like around ~ 10% of population using it, Im completely making this number up) and could use a boost in terms of lowered prices. But this has already been mentioned like x100 times.

Roccandil wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

Bakin wrote:

Arrogant credentialism on display...
      Or just simply pointing out someone else's lack of understanding of a given concept on the internetz. Even in the age of "political correctness" its not a crime...yet.
    • I can see lot of newer players simply getting too frustrated with how much harder it will be for them to save up any silver and just quit.

Personally only changes that affect me are fame credit cost increase, and 1.5% higher market tax, both of which will cost me few million more every month but whatever.

You guys at SBI might want to rethink this sort of nonsense as you'll just drive population down to where it was prior to f2p. And when that happens those of us who give you cash every month will be leaving simply because this is not kind of game you want to play if there is low population. Unless goal is to in fact drop population in which case great job.
    • VexVane wrote:

I can see lot of newer players simply getting too frustrated with how much harder it will be for them to save up any silver and just quit.

Personally only changes that affect me are fame credit cost increase, and 1.5% higher market tax, both of which will cost me few million more every month but whatever.

You guys at SBI might want to rethink this sort of nonsense as you'll just drive population down to where it was prior to f2p. And when that happens those of us who give you cash every month will be leaving simply because this is not kind of game you want to play if there is low population. Unless goal is to in fact drop population in which case great job.
      Very true.
      » ᴘ ᴇ ɴ ɢ ᴜ ɪ ɴ • s ɴ ɪ ᴘ ᴇ ʀ « bit.ly/pokerface-albion
    • VexVane wrote:

I can see lot of newer players simply getting too frustrated with how much harder it will be for them to save up any silver and just quit.
      Why? Because you now have to pay 10k more silver per repair lmao?

VexVane wrote:

If people will quit because they have to pay 1.5% more market tax or because they cannot afford to pay 30k repair bill instead of previous 20k - then those players have much more serious issues to deal with. Please do not be so over-dramatic.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

If people will quit because they have to pay 1.5% more market tax or because they cannot afford to pay 30k repair bill instead of previous 20k - then those players have much more serious issues to deal with. Please do not be so over-dramatic.
      100% increase of 20k = 40k.

You're in here telling people to take econ 101 but you don't know basic algebra? Come on, man.
    • Eternalhaze wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

100% increase of 20k = 40k.
      You're in here telling people to take econ 101 but you don't know basic algebra? Come on, man.
      This was in regards to the previous number of 50% repair cost increase. They have came in and changed that at a later point. 50% increase to 20k = 30k. But yes they have changed the repair costs further from 50% to 100%, so that would be 20k going to 40k now. However that came with a caveat that getting downed now takes away less durability. And I cant even remember when was the last time I got downed.

On the other hand - even if you still pay more silver for repair costs, even if you don't get knocked out (because there is some hidden rate at which point your equipment gets damaged just from regular combat) - I still don't really see that as an issue. At least not yet. I pay maybe 20-30k repair bill per day (2hrs of playing). That is hardly anything...
    • Khurso- wrote:

Why would you make T4 respawn slower
      It's a measure to revert resource spawn times back to their pre-F2P rates. When you have a huge influx of new players, the spawn timers have to be changed to match the large numbers of players. They were just never changed back from that time and instead of reverting them completely, they just toned them down.

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Increased Resource Respawn Speed

To prepare for a potential influx of low-level players, the respawn rate of resources in safe and yellow zones has been increased (i.e. the refill time for these resource nodes has been reduced):

T2 respawns about 285% faster (now 21 seconds, was 60s)

T3 respawns about 400% faster (now 45 seconds, was 180s)

T4 respawns about 500% faster (now 100 seconds, was 500s)

T5 respawns about 170% faster (now 450 seconds, was 750s)
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • VexVane wrote:

I could believe it quite easier that the silver price upgrade is "too hard" if someone would say it is actually too hard for himself to play this game.
    • What is happening in the game right now is deflation(negative inflation), everything recently crafted/gathered has a low cost and all activities are less profitable. Where is the problem with that ? It's a never ending cycle where new people don't buy high tier gear because they are poor ,because no one buys the gear they looted from a solo dung , because other new players are also poor. In addition to that mid game players who have some money available are afraid to use them or use them for really low tier gear because not even mid-end game activities(T8 gathering & black zone hellgates & T8 random dung & ganking) are profitable anymore due to increased repair cost + auto respec cost on top of the risked gear. However for pre-free to play players this is a paradise , everything is so cheap , sets don't matter and you out-gear most other players. This does not sink silver from the pockets of the people that are set for life and hold most of the silver in the game , it prevents new players from getting rich and faming up. This creates a huge financial separation between players that just start playing and veterans and makes ground for low motivation to do anything , for example why would you fame up a weapon when it'll get nurfed next patch? Or why would you craft when no one will buy it. Why do hellgates when the decreased black market drop + few runes doesn't even cover the money for auto respec. And in reality unless something changes new players/guilds will never be able to make even 1% of the money veterans/top guilds already have. Oh wait they will be able to if they pay IRL. I guess that is the goal of SBI. With all this people don't see their effort playing as properly rewarded. This will all lead to players quitting , some because of the things described above , others because of low population.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

Eternalhaze wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

100% increase of 20k = 40k.You're in here telling people to take econ 101 but you don't know basic algebra? Come on, man.
      This was in regards to the previous number of 50% repair cost increase. They have came in and changed that at a later point. 50% increase to 20k = 30k. But yes they have changed the repair costs further from 50% to 100%, so that would be 20k going to 40k now. However that came with a caveat that getting downed now takes away less durability. And I cant even remember when was the last time I got downed.
      On the other hand - even if you still pay more silver for repair costs, even if you don't get knocked out (because there is some hidden rate at which point your equipment gets damaged just from regular combat) - I still don't really see that as an issue. At least not yet. I pay maybe 20-30k repair bill per day (2hrs of playing). That is hardly anything...
      Its nice none of it will affect you. But you are not a newbie. I run guild with some 150 players, over half of whom have played under 30 days and I see them voicing their concerns in guild chat daily. Increase to price of personal islands obviously will not affect any of us who already maxed out several islands and will not be getting any more, but for some newbie struggling, getting downed, trying to learn the game, this latest wave of taxation is something which significantly slows his/her progress.

Just because I can afford to throw real cash at the problem to make it go away, should I need to, does not mean that most people can. And as this is not a solo game but an MMO, we do have to be concerned with maintaining healthy population.

Simple math shows that right now while gold is around 3200, month ago it was maybe 4200, month before that it was 2700, yet it is severely harder to make 10 million today for a newbie than it was 60 days ago, among other reasons because SBI nerfed dungeon rewards so severely that people are complaining that they LOSE money running solo dungeons. This is not sane way of controlling inflation, nor of trying to motivate people to spend real money to buy game gold from SBI (which is far more likely actual reason for all this).

This game tried to be sub-only game and it miserably FAILED. Trying to push people to spend more on it will almost certainly kill it again. Simple fact is that majority of people playing MMO's today apparently cannot afford $10/mth, and are also not willing to spend 3 months grinding to get to a point where they can enjoy game. It is not how I'd like things to be as I prefer subscription as it provides funding for more content to be added, but it is what it is.

If SBI needs more money from us simple solution is to give us more VANITY items. I for one would give them money if they gave me skins I actually liked as purchasable option, for example I'd pay $100 for Sabretooth Rex. But turning game into simulation of being medieval serf is not way to go about it.