[UPDATED 4.10.2019 15:54UTC] Silver Sink Adjustments Coming Soon

• Luke1 wrote:

If you want to just hit gold investment why don't you just put a tax on gold bought that increases with gold owned? There will be a certain threshold at which point it will be no more convenient.
      Exactly.. Why not do this? Why try to long haul the current and future market while pissing everyone off forcing them to pay more silver for things while keeping the exact ways of making silver nearly the same(BM nerf). Direct tax on gold bought or direct changes to gold market in general separate from silver market is the way to go. But what do I know, you guys changed the core game 5 ish times since beta 1 and changed the silver market countless times and look how it always ends up?
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • The lack of fast travel in this game is VERY VERY off putting, especially for newer players. I almost quit when I found I have to run around a horse all game. I still might, but I got premium so might as well use.

ANYWAY___ DO NOT INCREASE THE COST OF FAST TRAVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anything, reduce it.

Wasting countless hours just trying to get from point A to point B is stupid and will make me quit.
    • LordKoz wrote:

The lack of fast travel in this game is VERY VERY off putting, especially for newer players. I almost quit when I found I have to run around a horse all game. I still might, but I got premium so might as well use.

ANYWAY___ DO NOT INCREASE THE COST OF FAST TRAVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If anything, reduce it.

Wasting countless hours just trying to get from point A to point B is stupid and will make me quit.
      I mean, this game is not designed for people that can't commit enough to be able to travel for a cost of 10k-20k silver with EQ..
      The cost is there to keep the economy rolling, it's not meant to travel with resources in your bag.

If you can't manage to pay 10-20k silver to travel with EQ, this might not be the game for you..
    • That's funny.. They told that high gold price is a problem for lot of players and because of that they reduce amount of silver that players have... I won't say that this is stupid... it's just money sucking, as always.
      Next step is to erase silver>gold exchange from they game with words "most players don't have enough silver for it, so you don't need it"
      and btw updates like this are the way to force players exchange their gold to silver...

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ankey ().

• TealMjM wrote:

This is going to benefit the very wealthy at the cost of the average player going bankrupt from everyday costs of playing the game.

Balushaev wrote:

Actual feedback, DEVS PLEASE NOTICE.

Lots of silver is generated from skipping dungeons / HGs. You can nerf these ways of earning silver to solve some problems. It is kinda obvious. For example you can make dungeon chests lootable if only ALL mobs before the chest are dead. You can also make HG chest lootable only if ALL mobs and bosses in HG are dead (same for boss in 5x5 HGs). This will nerf the speed of gaining silver in PVE, which is incredibly fast now. You can actually earn enough silver for a monthly premium just by skipping random dungeons and ONLY killing mobs near chests (and looting those chests) for 1 evening. Healing sickness did not solve that problem, healers can still easily skip through dungeons.

ps - maybe even remove chests and add a little bit of loot to actual mobs and bosses.
      pps - you can also make a bigger % of items trashed, when a player dies. This will also sink lots of silver.

@Eltharyon @Korn
      I agree with both of these comments. Skipping Dungeons could have been fixed without killing the entire game system. New Free to play players will leave even faster. The game starts getting redundant to even those of us who have played since the start, and you want to kill the system of gathering and crafting even more. I recruited new players (friends, and they gave up after 3 months). They felt like the only way to get ahead was to buy gold, which they would not do. You made a problem with the random dungeons, and your way to fix it is to hurt gatherers, and other areas, what a crock. Who are the 10 players you are listening too?
      Live, Laugh, Play :)
    • Jeez it so hard to read most of you guys. You have no idea about economy or inflation. All you want is to get more and more items/gold not thinking a sec about whole game.

1-argument that respec will be too expensive for some is stupid, you dont have to use it! Just train next item using it!
      2-agument that it will be harded to get premium with gold is retarded. DEVs want 100% of you to buy with real cash not ingame currency. How theh ell you can argue that its bad move that you cant PLAY FOR FREE so easy?!!? Grab your wallet and purchase premium with it! Even 100mln players all playing for prem with gold will not make this game profitable and alive!!

The biggest problem in my opinion with silver increase and market problems are islands. 1 player - 1 island and you cant craft too much, cant make too much money or items to destroy market. BUT since you can have 1000 alts and all can purchase premium with silver and island will stay forever you end up with ppl who have 4-10 islands and then 1 player can easly put thousands of resources on market, can make everything for himself and generate millions of silver.

THAT IS BAD. Economy and inflation is good when you NEED to use other ppl work. If you cant farm crops to feed your animals then someone else can profit from farming. So then both players use market, both pay taxes, both feel that someone will use what they make.

Films/peoples like this shouldnt exist!! All you have to do is get 4 islands and then not only you are self sustain but you can purchase premium with silver. So not only game economy colapse but game itself because devs dont get any cash.

I'm saying it even when i myself have 3 islands already but i see how stupid and bad for economy this is
    • Psycha wrote:

Luke1 wrote:

If you want to just hit gold investment why don't you just put a tax on gold bought that increases with gold owned? There will be a certain threshold at which point it will be no more convenient.
      Exactly.. Why not do this? Why try to long haul the current and future market while pissing everyone off forcing them to pay more silver for things while keeping the exact ways of making silver nearly the same(BM nerf). Direct tax on gold bought or direct changes to gold market in general separate from silver market is the way to go. But what do I know, you guys changed the core game 5 ish times since beta 1 and changed the silver market countless times and look how it always ends up?
      Appalling idea. What SBI would basically be doing is selling gold for RL cash, then taking it back off people for simply having bought it in the first place. Awful idea and Im going to stick my neck out and say this will NEVER happen.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Hollywoodi wrote:

Copying my Solution I posted on Reddit as it had so many upvotes and positive feedback:

Upkeep of Terries:

1 Terrie: 5 k silver per day
      2. Terrie: 25 k silver per day
      3. Terrie: 125 k silver per day
      4. Terrie: 525 k silver per day

Alliance membership per member per week:
      1 k per one member
      2 k per two member
      4 k per 3
      8 k per 4
      Not given to anyone but upkeep costs to the system

Give zerging a price tag...
      Holding a territory does require food, which in turn does cost silver. So this is already being done. To attack another territory cost silver too.

• MMOLIFE wrote:

Hollywoodi wrote:

Copying my Solution I posted on Reddit as it had so many upvotes and positive feedback:

Upkeep of Terries:

1 Terrie: 5 k silver per day
      2. Terrie: 25 k silver per day
      3. Terrie: 125 k silver per day
      4. Terrie: 525 k silver per day

Alliance membership per member per week:
      1 k per one member
      2 k per two member
      4 k per 3
      8 k per 4
      Not given to anyone but upkeep costs to the system

Give zerging a price tag...
      Holding a territory does require food, which in turn does cost silver. So this is already being done. To attack another territory cost silver too.

But does it scale with number of terris owned?