[UPDATED 4.10.2019 15:54UTC] Silver Sink Adjustments Coming Soon

• Robinhoodrs wrote:

UPDATE 4.10.2019 - Changes to the above

Hey everyone,

thanks for the feedback! We've sifted through it and found lots of valuable input. In response to your suggestions, we'll be making two important changes:

1. We will not increase the price of re-rolling quality at this time, due to a risk of it sinking less silver than it currently is.

---

Re-rolling should be MINUS 50% of what the current price is now, that way re-rolling would be used more often and actually worth it... more people using it to re-roll equals mass amounts of silver being sunk.
      .. but then you devalue crafters even more - which is the negative consequence of this.

Item quality is already not reflected in market prices and largely not profitable as a business model.

In crafting, specifically artifact crafting it is not viable to go for ex / mp quality items and expect a profit, because the amounts you would have to charge for them are not paid by players.

This is with max spec and max food quality crafting chance btw.
    • Fusionbomb wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Re-rolling should be MINUS 50% of what the current price is now, that way re-rolling would be used more often and actually worth it...
      Or just tweak the values of getting an upgrade while keeping the current cost.
      Or just completely remove quality rerolling for silver, because its literally a newbtrap using gambling mechanics akin to lootboxes.
    • Bogul wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Hey everyone,

thanks for the feedback! We've sifted through it and found lots of valuable input. In response to your suggestions, we'll be making two important changes:

1. We will not increase the price of re-rolling quality at this time, due to a risk of it sinking less silver than it currently is.

---

Re-rolling should be MINUS 50% of what the current price is now, that way re-rolling would be used more often and actually worth it... more people using it to re-roll equals mass amounts of silver being sunk.
      .. but then you devalue crafters even more - which is the negative consequence of this.
      Item quality is already not reflected in market prices and largely not profitable as a business model.

In crafting, specifically artifact crafting it is not viable to go for ex / mp quality items and expect a profit, because the amounts you would have to charge for them are not paid by players.

I've yet to see an 8.3 MP Grovekeeper on the marketplace, I've tried re-rolling one and I've also given three relics to someone with max crafting spec and all he got was two goods and an outstanding.

I'd rather see more MP items in-game from re-rolling than none at all because crafting one is like a 1% chance to hit MP... btw currently it's around 650k silver to re-roll a 8.2 Exe Grovekeeper each time.

clap
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

Bogul wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Hey everyone,

---

.. but then you devalue crafters even more - which is the negative consequence of this.Item quality is already not reflected in market prices and largely not profitable as a business model.

I've yet to see an 8.3 MP Grovekeeper on the marketplace, I've tried re-rolling one and I've also given three relics to someone with max crafting spec and all he got was two goods and an outstanding.
      I'd rather see more MP items in-game from re-rolling than none at all because crafting one is like a 1% chance to hit MP... btw currently it's around 650k silver to re-roll a 8.2 Exe Grovekeeper each time.
      Fun question:

Would you pay about 300mil for a MP Grovekeeper? Because thats what it would cost roughly to make it worth trying to get one. (Assuming the arti is 3mil)
    • Bogul wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Bogul wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Hey everyone,

---

.. but then you devalue crafters even more - which is the negative consequence of this.Item quality is already not reflected in market prices and largely not profitable as a business model.

I've yet to see an 8.3 MP Grovekeeper on the marketplace, I've tried re-rolling one and I've also given three relics to someone with max crafting spec and all he got was two goods and an outstanding.I'd rather see more MP items in-game from re-rolling than none at all because crafting one is like a 1% chance to hit MP... btw currently it's around 650k silver to re-roll a 8.2 Exe Grovekeeper each time.
      Fun question:
      Would you pay about 300mil for a MP Grovekeeper? Because thats what it would cost roughly to make it worth trying to get one. (Assuming the arti is 3mil)
      And that is purely retarded price for it. I've dumped a solid 60m in trying to roll it but gave up because it was such a waste.

clap
    • Bogul wrote:

Fusionbomb wrote:

Or just tweak the values of getting an upgrade while keeping the current cost.
      Or just completely remove quality rerolling for silver, because its literally a newbtrap using gambling mechanics akin to lootboxes.
      ...a newbtrap that I have used to make money on a semi-regular basis lol. Just because you (and others) don't use it, doesn't mean it doesn't have its place/purpose. :whistling:
      Fusionbomb - GM of Morbidly_Obese

T8 Axe/Sickle/Pickaxe/Skinning/Stone
      T7 Fishing

100/100/90/90 Holy Specs
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

Hey everyone,

---

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Hey everyone,

---

Do you want to destroy crafters?

Why would someone try to craft high level stuff if they can just reroll cheap?

The way it is now its ok!
    • Robinhoodrs wrote:

Bogul wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Hey everyone,

---

i'd rather they raised the chance of crafting a MP than reducing cost of Reroll.

Like it was already stated, this option should just be removed imo.
    • About last update:
      1. Take care about 100% repair cost. Can hit the margin where will be cheaper to buy new gear.

Other things:
      2 .Big like on Black Market nerf. You can nerf it even more.

3. You really need to listen people about silver bags. I understand that is the way for new players to get premium. But silver bags will keep the inflation high.

4. An items sink is needed too.(how about gear rng-reroll system(5xTier4 to get 1xRandomTier5 like))

5. How about nerfing return rate + labourers return rate...It's really ugly when i can go to almost 85% return rate on crafting.(focus crafting 48% + 37% labourers)
    • xcruciful wrote:

About last update:
      1. Take care about 100% repair cost. Can hit the margin where will be cheaper to buy new gear.

Other things:
      2 .Big like on Black Market nerf. You can nerf it even more.

3. You really need to listen people about silver bags. I understand that is the way for new players to get premium. But silver bags will keep the inflation high.

4. An items sink is needed too.(how about gear rng-reroll system(5xTier4 to get 1xRandomTier5 like))

5. How about nerfing return rate + labourers return rate...It's really ugly when i can go to almost 85% return rate on crafting.(focus crafting 48% + 37% labourers)
      Read my post on the anterior page. I talked about itens 3 and 4 AND 5 of what you said.
    • My fear is that with the Queen update, the way that I made silver (city trading to Caerleon, crafting and selling to the black market, trading from caerleon market to the black market...etc..) will die when they take away the portal and the market from Caerleon. At that point it will be much harder to earn silver and pay for premium.
      I think they need to wait and see what happens after the update to make the changes. I agree that something needs to be done but maybe these changes are premature.

thanx
    • OldStoner wrote:

My fear is that with the Queen update, the way that I made silver (city trading to Caerleon, crafting and selling to the black market, trading from caerleon market to the black market...etc..) will die when they take away the portal and the market from Caerleon. At that point it will be much harder to earn silver and pay for premium.
      I think they need to wait and see what happens after the update to make the changes. I agree that something needs to be done but maybe these changes are premature.

thanx
      The black market will stay in Caerleon.
    • The main reason that directs the gold price is players with large amounts of gold and silver to speculate in that market. And making profits is like playing roulette, with the difference that as you have more silver/gold to play, it is much easier to win and vice versa.

This speculation will have increased the premium in thousands and thousand of millions for 90% of Albion players in the last times. I think there should be some kind of regulation about it, and not be something so direct, easy and real time.

Modifying silver sinks will have a very residual impact on gold and very long term, nothing compared to the impact of any announcement itself, the widespread panic that only encourages more speculation itself, making many players lose and win many millions in a few hours, usually win the richest and reduce the savings of the poorest. SBI, is this the game you want?