[UPDATED 4.10.2019 15:54UTC] Silver Sink Adjustments Coming Soon

• Developers, you got this wrong.

If silver was inflated you'd expect that to have an impact on the entire economy.

When you look at resources, items etc.. pretty much everything has a very similar silver value to 1-2 years ago.

Everything in-game has remained very stable, except for 1 thing.... gold.

The gold price going up is purely due to gold supply. I've said this before, you had a massive influx of gold on release due to starter packs. This gold is now running out and due to f2p launch there are a lot more people paying for prem with gold.

As many have said, these changes will make it harder to new players to afford prem as they will be spending more on tax's.
    • I think the amount of silver should be closed. (rough idea)

So no new silver in added to the game. Instead the silver dropped by mobs and the silver generated by black market and others should be equal to the silver taken out through the sinks mentioned in the OP.

Silver in ->
      (zen)
      <- Silver out

After you make it a closed system you can start thinking about managing the balance. Adjusting sinks vs faucets.

Problem solved. Email me so I can send my bank details for the bill ;)

@Eltharyon @Korn
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion
    • Korn wrote:

Robinhoodrs wrote:

Increased the cost of re-rolling item quality by 50%

Bruh, the re-rolling system is already SOOOOOO not worth it at its current price. This will just fully kill off re-rolling and won't be used, so making this silver sink, a nothing sink. If anything the re-roll system needs a rework and to cost less, so more people engage with it.
      Thanks for the feedback, we will review this again and keep it under close watch.
      With this feature, if you guys were to figure out a viable cost for 100% success rate, I feel this feature would get used more. Just figure out an accurate cost to not make people just rely on upgrading. Otherwise, why keep this feature in the game?

The post was edited 1 time, last by MMOLIFE ().

• for the simple minded... The above would result in more valuation of silver because it becomes a rare commodity, instead an unlimited one -> People will apprceiate silver and swipe and sell gold more

Also you need to add content that people enjoy doing to give return for the time and money.

There is no one silver bullet. Good Luck! ^^
      Join Albion
    • Unfortunately this won't solve your problem. Especially for new players
      There is an issue when gold prices will decrease thanks to your game-changing policies lots of people who bought golds will lose shit tons of silver.

Instead of using silver sink you can fix your prices according to each country (20$ in usa, 20€ european countries instead of fixing 20$ for everyone which steam did years ago) which can help out to increase your gold sale

If gold prices decrease to 2k i'll be losing around 20m worth silver .... i'd want a compensation for this bullshit (with a bit more i could have bought mammoth with that much money)

Thanks to your gold limitations i got a few thousand gold yet can't redeem those golds thanks to your mandatory-purchase policy where your game is based on USD which is soo f... expensive in my country thus i can't afford to buy with irl money.

Imo with this kind of idiosyncratic decisions you will start losing your active mid and new players.

@Korn
    • Ravenar wrote:

I think the amount of silver should be closed. (rough idea)

So no new silver in added to the game. Instead the silver dropped by mobs and the silver generated by black market and others should be equal to the silver taken out through the sinks mentioned in the OP.

Silver in ->
      (zen)
      <- Silver out

After you make it a closed system you can start thinking about managing the balance. Adjusting sinks vs faucets.

@Eltharyon @Korn
      People stop playing, some with large chunks of silver. How do you propose this should be dealt with?
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Ravenar wrote:

I think the amount of silver should be closed. (rough idea)

Silver in ->
      (zen)
      <- Silver out

@Eltharyon @Korn
      People stop playing, some with large chunks of silver. How do you propose this should be dealt with?
      I am not an economist. But what I think SBI needs is a way to adjust and target "faucets" of silver to the players they want to boost. At current state that would probably be new players.

For example give a multiplier for Reaver4, little bit smaller multiplier for Reaver5...

I don't know. I am not a dev and I have not seen any money on my bank account yet. Why should I care? I am on a "break" :D
      Join Albion
    • How do you decrease the price of gold without hurting the poor (new players)?

I think your current plans will mostly hurt the new players.
      There are plenty of smart people out there that can come with something...

A few random thoughts are:
      1. Charge an interest rate for holding on to gold
      2. Give the rich something interesting to spend their silver/gold
        • cool mounts
        • very expensive boat travel that allows them to sail anywhere (maybe a teleporter token)
        • specialized ZvZ weapons
        • contracts for silver with a tax/fee enforced by the game
          • Kill player
          • CGvG winning
          • Conquer territory for guild (next update)
          • Resource/Gear Transportation
          • Truce with guild X & Y for Z time
          • Contests between Players, Guilds or Alliance (most kills, most gathering, etc)
      3. Give an interest rate for players having less (not certain how it could be done).
    • DO NOT DO THESE CHANGES!

For the better part of my time playing since the betas, I have done nothing but small bits of grinding for the fun of it but most of my weekly or even daily silver gain came from my debit cards. I havent had the need for much PVE grinding with dungeons because I just bought silver because you get a TON of it for an easy price, at least for me. So I just buy tomes and max my combat trees I want and then go play with it.

These changes are directed at the wrong problems with silver and economy. YOU NEED to force players not to dump real money for easy silver gain into the game, the amount of silver for 100$ is crazy near the end of every money when it hits near 4k silver per gold to sell. Figure out some value changes for the gold trade market and leave the rest of the game alone, most of the playerbase just needs to learn to play the game for their silver, myself included. Dont flush away all the players who want to play the game, because these changes are in my eyes made you either make you spend real money on gold for silver to keep your current profit gains or they are made to take away hard earned silver.

Just do direct changes to the premium cost by silver and direct changes to gold market. This long haul way of trying to change the silver market could make alot of the playerbase riot or quit or even protest by holding their wallets and items, inflating the items costs cause of these changes. We are already having challenge mounts prices drop because of a separate issue but if changes like this are made and continue to be made, a mammoth could end up being worth 100mil for the rich instead of lower price like you suspect will happen after these changes.
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • If you think about these changes from sbi's point of view, they pretty much hit all of what they want. New players probably were not buying gold a frequently as they liked, and along side that silver inflation was starting to become a pretty serious issue. So they did what would solve both problems. They increased the daily expenses of new players, taking a decent amount of silver on its own out of the economy, while hitting the bigger guys with the increase in market taxes and order fees. This way they can start sucking gold out of the economy while further incentivizing new players to buy gold with irl money. I imagine the reason they targeted new players so heavily with these changes is because they are most likely the demographic that buys the most gold in the game, and a change like this in sbi's mind will give them a nice short term burst of income. Pretty big brain if you ask me. That's at least why I think they made these changes.
    • Imagine trying to fix the problem with the underclass to the upperclass and they just make housing/housing bills more expensive. Yikes

Couldn't you fix this issue of to much silver just by getting rid of mega alliances and balancing BM? (more fights/more trash/more money spent/less money) or am i overlooking something?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bumpydane ().

• This is a terrible idea and a bad indication of the overall market health in the game.

For months, the richest players in the game have been stockpiling gold. I'm not talking about billions of silver rich, I'm not even talking about tens of billions of silver rich.

The reality is that there are players with hundreds of billions of silver ALWAYS buying gold. At that point, it literally makes no difference how much new gold is being created, as well as the trading volume of existing gold.

Think like the Cartel for example, these players already have hundreds more times silver than they will ever need for anything, so they decide to invest into gold instead.

Price of gold was roughly 2000 silver at the beginning of summer, and reached 3400-3700 consistently by some time in June. SBI tries to discount dollar price of gold, I think this happened like a month ago? For a few hours, the price of gold dropped to 3300-3400, but a few hours after that it went to 4000. No way that the amount of silver involved to rebound the market like that is some small amount.

I believe that exchanges involving gold should be taxed at a higher rate. Maybe this tax could be versatile, i.e. if the gold was just purchased with cash, no or less tax is required. But any transactions involving selling/buying of existing gold should be taxed.

To quote a rich player, who will not be named, that has been stockpiling gold, "I have 63M gold. this is hack and I quit game"
    • Pelks wrote:

If you think about these changes from sbi's point of view, they pretty much hit all of what they want. New players probably were not buying gold a frequently as they liked, and along side that silver inflation was starting to become a pretty serious issue. So they did what would solve both problems. They increased the daily expenses of new players, taking a decent amount of silver on its own out of the economy, while hitting the bigger guys with the increase in market taxes and order fees. This way they can start sucking gold out of the economy while further incentivizing new players to buy gold with irl money. I imagine the reason they targeted new players so heavily with these changes is because they are most likely the demographic that buys the most gold in the game, and a change like this in sbi's mind will give them a nice short term burst of income. Pretty big brain if you ask me. That's at least why I think they made these changes.
      That's such a short sighted view of the problem, and these changes are the opposite of big brain.

As a business, SBI's interest in the gold market should be about selling gold for real money so that they have income. The only way this happens at the end of the day is when someone swipes their card. But right now, the vast majority of old money players have no need to do that because they've amassed so much gold. That means the only way SBI makes money is by removing enough old money gold or by incentivizing (or making it easier for) new players to buy gold.

These changes don't affect old money players whatsoever and also make it harder for newer players. If you squeeze new players with silver sinks, that means they can't make enough silver to buy premium.

You could argue that this is point, and that it encourages them to swipe their card instead of using in game currency. But then a month or two from now you'll have the same problem as it is now. Old money gold hasn't been removed and people with multiple years of premium on multiple accounts will continue flooding the game with silver that is generated out of thin air. The more this happens, the more those new players quit. At a certain point you'll hit a point where the squeeze on new players to swipe their card will be counter balanced by the overall exodus of players leaving the game.
    • hows about removing the option to buy premium with silver and gold so the company makes the monies to makes the upgrades n what nots. buying gold to play the market and get a bunch of silver is great as it is without the option to buy premium. its less than 10 bucks a month right? the game runs on money right? i for one would like a better game over time with more everything n what not. only way to do that is to get players to fund it. if not this what about daily advertisements in exchange for small in game rewards? I'd watch a few minutes of ads daily for some extra what not if it also meant the game would grow too. its like a win win win win win.... win... great thing about this games model is that one can play all aspects basically for free if they work at it but for a small fee they get a bump in progression and a possible island too! good deal yeah. also being that i have a basic understanding of forex markets if u want less fluctuation and yadda yadda put more cost and limits on gold trades to slow the bulls n benefit those who simply sell off their gold via purchased for real monies. Probably sell more gold packs too that way? lastly, what about ways to earn small amounts of gold in game making gold a bit less valuable / more common. then simply control gold prices that way by adjusting how much n what ways gold coins can be earned. just my opinion n guess... silver sinks = boooooo! =]