(Spectral Bat) Lost at least 500 million in silver value today due to SBI recycling Challenge Mounts.

• (Spectral Bat) Lost at least 500 million in silver value today due to SBI recycling Challenge Mounts.

I was heavily invested in Challenge Mounts believing they were limited. I think others felt the same way as I see a lot of selling and a crashing of prices on these.

I based my investment decisions on items that were listed on this "Discontinued List" believing they were actually discontinued and would never be in the game again, at least not in the same exact form.

forum.albiononline.com/index.p…-Discontinued-Items-List/

I realize that its speculative and I accept my losses today, but it's really disappointing. All the Challenge Mount prices are crashing because so many of us long term investors thought these were limited mounts. If you can re-release them at any time, that's not really limited or discontinued. Now people have no real desire to invest in these long term. I guess that's okay and will benefit a lot of players short term, but I think some of us feel mislead and betrayed.

I can never again trust SBI to be honest and this comes as a difficult pill to swallow since I invested years of my life into this game.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Further feelings of betrayal and lack of consideration for players:

I bought the Legendary Founder's Pack. It was "promised" to have rare items that would be worth a lot down the road. That never really materialized. A really cool aspect of games to me is when you have an opportunity to invest in items that become very valuable over time. To some extent that has happened in this game. Keep in mind when a player invests that player is looking at a long term horizon of playing the game. This is a very loyal fan base. Why punish us with re-skins (the Heretic Cart) and now a recycled Spectral Bat?

Stack that on to the 42 million I lost buying an 8.1 stew due to players abusing a buggy market system. I personally know four other people this has happened to so there must be many many more including those who are too humiliated to admit it. I talked to several people who say this has happened to them but they were saved because they didn't have enough silver to buy it. First off there is a bug where the most expensive items randomly show first. I have seen it since my accidental buy and it's not something I am clicking. Secondly there is a bug where your mouse can click on the x.1 selection in the drop down menu and if your mouse is on the edge of that button it clicks underneath that button and sorts from highest to lowest price. I have known this happening to people who reported it many months ago and still there is little to no protection against this.

Let's be honest, you really don't care if people lose silver. There seems to be a lack of appreciation or respect for your long term hard core players. It's almost like we, the customer, need to shut up and be thankful for the game you've provided us. Yes, it's a cool game, thank you, but there are other games out there that are probably better at this point. I stayed here because it was my home but it's feeling less and less like a home with every surprise that comes around the corner and bites me in the rear.

I suppose gold is the best investment since the higher gold goes the more likely people are to pull out their credit cards?

UPDATE: Shortly after posting this SBI announced they intend to try to lower gold value by implementing "silver sinks" into the game, so take care with gold investments at least until gold is closer to 2,000. Funny that SBI is doing this since they responded to me losing 42 million to market bug abuse by saying that SBI has a policy not to interfere with the Albion economy. Isn't implementing silver sinks to lower gold interfering with the Albion economy?

I honestly do not even know anymore...
      Stab it and slab it.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Xanadeus2 ().

• Fusionbomb wrote:

limited != never coming back

y put all ur eggs in 1 basket?
      I didn't have all my eggs in 1 basket. I was too heavily into one thing though. I misunderstood and did not realize these would be re-released. I have other investments but at this point I sincerely feel no investment is safe and have lost interest in investing and in turn lost interest in this game because that was my favorite part of the game.
      Stab it and slab it.
    • SHARKY wrote:

Up until the White Tiger, Referral Mounts were unique, never to be repeated, one time items.

Don't ever remember hearing that of the Monthly Challenge Mounts though
      Sharky, true, but look what they did with the Heretic Cart. If they release a similar, but maybe better looking, Referral Mount (Skin), it's still going to reduce the desire for the unique ones. I just feel like SBI has proven they do not care about us and that no item is safe as an investment. Do you not agree?
      Stab it and slab it.
    • Xanadeus2 wrote:

I suppose gold is the best investment since the higher gold goes the more likely people are to pull out their credit cards?
      it is risky to give any advice. But I would be careful with gold as well. Sbi has said 2000 is the sweetspot nd 4000 is double that.... so... how they gonna handle it is anyones guess but I would not invest in gold with current prices.
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion
    • SHARKY wrote:

Up until the White Tiger, Referral Mounts were unique, never to be repeated, one time items.

Don't ever remember hearing that of the Monthly Challenge Mounts though
      So every month we get a new mount but 1 year later we end up at the same mount, Yeah seemed like they were planning on reusing them? So SBI is it your plan to reuse all of last years monthly rewards or what. Whats the point of doing the monthly reward at all then if next year we will have the chance to redo it again. From what I understand the monthly reward is a reward for being a member for that month well if your reusing that reward every year it isnt much of a reward and ur better off just adding it to the mount crafting system I mean come on really.
    • Xanadeus2 wrote:

Fusionbomb wrote:

limited != never coming back

y put all ur eggs in 1 basket?
      I didn't have all my eggs in 1 basket. I was too heavily into one thing though. I misunderstood and did not realize these would be re-released. I have other investments but at this point I sincerely feel no investment is safe and have lost interest in investing and in turn lost interest in this game because that was my favorite part of the game.
      Surely, that's the nature of investing. You win some, you lose some.

Don't let it ruin the game for you though. Go and talk to Player112*. He's a master-trader and should be able to help you pick your next investment.

*seriously, don't do that. Just let this slide and enjoy the game again.
    • Ravenar wrote:

Xanadeus2 wrote:

it is risky to give any advice. But I would be careful with gold as well. Sbi has said 2000 is the sweetspot nd 4000 is double that.... so... how they gonna handle it is anyones guess but I would not invest in gold with current prices.
      Ravenar, that is interesting. I was not aware of SBI stating 2000 is the sweet spot. I bet they have changed their stance on that. I do think there is a sweet spot somewhere but I am not sure where that is. I think at this price, 4,000, people are more likely to use credit cards than to grind out silver. If it goes too much higher though you start losing player base out of the people who cannot afford buying gold and that hurts your players who are using credit cards because without a solid population of players the game will be boring.
      Stab it and slab it.
    • Xanadeus2 wrote:

Ravenar wrote:

Xanadeus2 wrote:

Ravenar, that is interesting. I was not aware of SBI stating 2000 is the sweet spot. I bet they have changed their stance on that. I do think there is a sweet spot somewhere but I am not sure where that is. I think at this price, 4,000, people are more likely to use credit cards than to grind out silver. If it goes too much higher though you start losing player base out of the people who cannot afford buying gold and that hurts your players who are using credit cards because without a solid population of players the game will be boring.
      I'll be honest I wish I was playing on my 1 year prem character after full release before F2P, would have made alot of silver off the gold inflation on F2P but oh well, guess I have to watch the people who took advantage of that run with 2bil silver xD
      *lifts tail* Nya :x
    • Ravenar wrote:

Xanadeus2 wrote:

They pushed the discount rate from 1 to 1.5 to 2, which puts the floor of the price for gold at 2000 currently. The swap transactions guarantee that the price of gold will always rise up to 2000, but they have no offsetting mechanic to push the price of gold down when it goes too high. SBIs track record on the time between discovering something isn't super great and coming up with a solution to the problem is somewhat lackluster. So gold is probably going to plow higher and higher til they make some relatively heavy handed move. The worst/best thing that we can expect in the short term is another gold sell with a steeper discount and a longer time period. The <week sales barely move the needle at all, and are more of a gold buying opportunity for players with too much silver, than an actual push back on the rising price of gold.

They should probably announce a gold sale for the month of December, or create some large value packages denominated in silver with guaranteed limited items. They need to manage the premium costs of the newer F2P players and the two best people to use to do that are people who swipe their credit cards or players who have stacked up wealth for the last few years and don't have any outlets for it.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
    • I'd also like to point out that as far as I can tell, this is the first item on the Discontinued List to be re-released, so it was obviously not a discontinued item, or maybe it was until SBI decided for it not to be. Who knows, we can't trust SBI anymore.

I was using this list for investment purposes believing they would never be made again.

Yes, the skeletons were re-released but the names and color were slightly different.

Any thoughts?

Stab it and slab it.
    • Xanadeus2 wrote:

I'd also like to point out that as far as I can tell, this is the first item on the Discontinued List to be re-released, so it was obviously not a discontinued item, or maybe it was until SBI decided for it not to be. Who knows, we can't trust SBI anymore.

I was using this list for investment purposes believing they would never be made again.

Yes, the skeletons were re-released but the names and color were slightly different.

Any thoughts?

I do not think that is accurate. The Uncle Frost's Hat for one has already seen 2(?) reiterations.

It has been also discussed bit later on that thread: Discontinued Items List Elsa's post
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion

The post was edited 1 time, last by Ravenar ().