Refer One Friend and Get an Occult Cougar Skin!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• These skins are always so beautiful. It is a shame that so much effort are put into them and so little players will benefit from that hard work. Do people actually refer other people? I don’t think it happens that much.

Why not reward those skins for huge achievements in-game? Like complete all achievements, or something big like that. There could be a new « big challenge » every month.
    • Was it made in paint? Maybe it is just such an angle , but it looks horrible as f*ck. And this Morgana star on forehead , geez...

Don't get me wrong , the fact that you changed referral in such way - is good.

@Ravenar I dont' think it could be abused , here are some reasons.

1. It is too expensive , will be much efficient if you just buy Tome Of Insights. Do not forget - you need to buy premium to get rewards.
      2. And the main reason - it is not allowed by rules to create an Alts and abuse referral system.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Equart ().

• Bogul wrote:

does this hellseacucumber have a neck?
      Lolled.

”seacucucumber” from hell with just bit too much lipstick

Also can someone point out to me just how tomes of insights for referrals are different from skill injectors? @Captainrussia ? The concensus has been that referral system has and will be exploited. Now for fame?
      IGN/Discord : Ravenar#2076
      Join Albion

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ravenar ().

• Equart wrote:

Was it made in paint? Maybe it is just such an angle , but it looks horrible as f*ck. And this Morgana star on forehead , geez...

Don't get me wrong , the fact that you changed referral in such way - is good.

@Ravenar I dont' think it could be abused , here are some reasons.

1. It is too expensive , will be much efficient if you just buy Tome Of Insights. Do not forget - you need to buy premium to get rewards.
      2. And the main reason - it is not allowed by rules to create an Alts and abuse referral system.

abusing referral thing is normal business sadly
    • @PrintsKaspian
      Hi, @to guy who create the pentagram on cougar head:
      If the pentagram is drawn with the fifth point upwards - that is to the north - it is considered a pure pentagram, a symbol of white magic, and protection from the devil and evil forces.(which this Cougar have-if we look at it classically from the front, to the head)
      But look of this cougar is bad, like something bad, demon, evil and for this evil cougar is better choice pentagram with fifth point down because inverted pentagram - is a sign of black magic or Satan, hell, evil, demons..And this is how this cougar looks- looks like evil.
      So you use wrong pentagram on him.. :)
      Or it is deliberate and you are afraid of dark forces. ;)
    • CassX wrote:

If the pentagram is drawn with the fifth point upwards - that is to the north - it is considered a pure pentagram, a symbol of white magic, and protection from the devil and evil forces.(which this Cougar have-if we look at it classically from the front, to the head)
      But look of this cougar is bad, like something bad, demon, evil and for this evil cougar is better choice pentagram with fifth point down because inverted pentagram - is a sign of black magic or Satan, hell, evil, demons..And this is how this cougar looks- looks like evil.
      So you use wrong pentagram on him..
      Or it is deliberate and you are afraid of dark forces.
      The Occult Cougar was created by the heretics in an attempt to impress Morganna and become part of the occult but because they are not so bright they inscribed the wrong magic rune on its head thus creating a tamable version instead of a creature of destruction.
    • DoomRawrus wrote:

CassX wrote:

So you use wrong pentagram on him..
      Or it is deliberate and you are afraid of dark forces.
      The Occult Cougar was created by the heretics in an attempt to impress Morganna and become part of the occult but because they are not so bright they inscribed the wrong magic rune on its head thus creating a tamable version instead of a creature of destruction.
      Drunk occultists..May be an explanation! :)
      And big and, i saw this little pet in game and i can definitely say i don't like, is too fat for my taste, maybe she eats too much human flesh, I don't know, but I can't imagine how it can run fast! :D
    • Ravenar wrote:

Also can someone point out to me just how tomes of insights for referrals are different from skill injectors? @Captainrussia ? The concensus has been that referral system has and will be exploited. Now for fame?
      so 2 different topics here:
      1) Tomes of Insight are indeed very similar to skill injectors (keyword = similar) - you cannot take fame/LP out, but essentially not using it yourself and putting it on the market to sell is the same thing. You are denying yourself Fame to get silver (trading off fame for silver). So its very similar to skill injectors.

2) Referral System. Yes - it has been exploited in the past. And even though as @Equart pointed out - "its against the rules", people still do it, and I don't think anyone checks. (As I like to say it "rules are only rules if they are upheld by the appropriate authority")

But thats a moot point because of the change they introduced in this month: that is - you no longer get "unbound" rewards (you used to get mount or chests or vanity gear, all of which could have been converted to silver) - now the tomes you get are character/account bound, so you cannot sell them, and the skin is not worth as much as a whole mount... So "exploiting" self-referral is pointless as you only get bound fame (and its only 300k all together, so worth 300 Tomes of Insight, so about 1.2 mil worth - but its bound. So there is no point to do a self referral (30d prem worth or 7-9 mil silver) to get only 300k fame from the bound tomes.
    • Captainrussia wrote:

But thats a moot point because of the change they introduced in this month: that is - you no longer get "unbound" rewards (you used to get mount or chests or vanity gear, all of which could have been converted to silver) - now the tomes you get are character/account bound, so you cannot sell them, and the skin is not worth as much as a whole mount... So "exploiting" self-referral is pointless as you only get bound fame (and its only 300k all together, so worth 300 Tomes of Insight, so about 1.2 mil worth - but its bound. So there is no point to do a self referral (30d prem worth or 7-9 mil silver) to get only 300k fame from the bound tomes.
      I should check now but I saw the skin selling at 15M. Considering the 9M investment, if it's abused it's still a nice profit in silver not bound to anyone.
    • arke971 wrote:

Captainrussia wrote:

I should check now but I saw the skin selling at 15M. Considering the 9M investment, if it's abused it's still a nice profit in silver not bound to anyone.
      well obviously people who try to still "exploit" the referral system have to sell the skin above the premium cost, otherwise they'd be losing money. But "selling" (as in being offered) on the market =/= sold.

Other players should not be paying 15 mil for this skin. Just because I try to sell a t3 pickaxe for 20 mil, does not mean its actually worth 20 mil, right?

And probably to further fix the referral exploitation - DEVs should make all referral rewards account/character bound? (this was just step 1)